Old 08-21-2007, 07:48 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Coco, it's easy to make a tracker. Just right click on mine. A new window will pop up and will give you step by step directions. When you're finished, copy the URL and go post it on your signature up in UserCP.

congratulations, Coco, on losing that pound. You're doing great. How much have you lost all together now? You've been steadily losing. I'm proud of you.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good going, Coco...another pound gone. I couldn't get my tracker on either, except for one time. I did change my signature and that will have to do.

I don't think we're doing a separate thread for the Thanksgiving Challenge..just post it here.

I had a good day today, but ate 22 points, not 20. All in all, though, I'm doing well. I have to go out for lunch tomorrow, but the place has fantastic salads so it won't be too tempting to overeat.

I didn't go because DH came home from his 10 days in Texas with his new grandson. I wanted to stay home to greet him. Glad to have him back here.

Patti, of course, you can do a mile a day. That is about 30 mintues. I walk that every morning with my dogs.

Have a good night everyone.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 08-22-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:22 PM   #18  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I love these challenges. I did about 25 minutes on the today. That's 5 miles. Eatingwise------(drumroll please)-----I did great. I stuck right with what I had typed on the thread Patti started. It feels very good to be back in control. I don't know if I'll have a loss this week. I hope I do. I'd even be happy with a maintain.

I know you're glad Doyle's back. I am so happy he got to go down. I got a sweet e from your dil yesterday. I am looking forward to getting to know her better.

Have a good evening, everyone. I'll see you tomorrow.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #19  

Morning:

I tried your instructions Sandra about right clicking and got lots of things blocked. Oh, I guess I could allow the popups temporarily. I'll try again later.

It was good to see lurker Vickie post a breakfast recipe...looks good.

Patti, I'll get on the 100 miles in 100 days bandwagon. Got to put on the pedometer again!

DH brought pralines home! I ate ONE and that is going to be IT.

OK, Chickies...we've got some challenges...here, Thanksgiving and 100 miles in 100 days. I've got to get off the computer and get out walking!

BBL

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 08-22-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #20  
Donna

Good afternoon everyone,

I lost .6 at ww today. Which I am very happy about considering I ate out for 4 days straight. I tried to make healthy choices but I'm just never sure. I'm going to have to pick up the pace a little if I'm going to hit Frouf's/Summer challenge.

On the new recipe front, I'm going to try gazpacho for dinner tonight. It's not strictly a core recipe because it uses tomato juice but it sure is low in points. I think I'll have grilled bread w/goat cheese with it. Not core but

I think I'm going to join in patti's 100 miles in a 100 day challenge. I thought about biking to somewhere, but I don't know. I know I can get in a mile a day heck that's only a walk around the block.

coco - Congrats on loosing that pound! Slow but steady wins the race.

Sandra - Yea on the biking. I had to do the math yep it takes me about 45 min to go 10 miles so 25 mins should be about 5. (note: my pace has improved this summer). Have fun on your ride.

Paula - How's it going?

Rhonda - You are so focused right now. I am impressed. Did you get that walk in?

Patti - I'll join you on the 100 mi thread.

I've gotta go get that soup chopped and chilling, and clean out the dog's ears he has dual infected ears and dh is out of town so I get to take care of it. I'll stop back later and let you know how the soup was.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #21  

Hi All:

Big NSV today. I ordered a salmon omelette for lunch. It was presented with a bowl of beautiful french fries. I sent the fries BACK and asked for salad!!!

Now, to just be controlled at dinner. I planned to have ham and veggies. I think I'll skip the ham since I probably have had a good supply of protein with the omelette.

So far today, I've walked three miles running errands and I did another mile with the dogs.

Congrats, Tech on the loss....that's the right direction.

I'm having a devil of a time putting on a weight tracker. I've done it before but seem to have lost the secret. I've even printed off the instructions and something is still wrong...oh well.

BBL
Old 08-22-2007, 05:34 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Hi there, chickies. It's being a busy busy day. I went to the rheumatologist this AM. (I just love him!) He was feeling my joints on my feet and asked me if I'd broken a toe. So now I know! I thought I had broken a toe a few months ago but wasn't sure. I was too stubborn to go to the doctor. Also, I thought maybe I was just being whiney cuz I have so many feet pains and thought this was just a new one.

Anyway, I have a huge knot at the base of my toe. It's feeling better now than it die a few weeks ago, so it's going to be all right.

I have been scrubbing showers, sinks, under sinks, (you know the fun stuff!) I am exhausted. So's Curtis. We have both already crashed. We'll either get back to it later today or just wait till tomorrow.

Tomorrow is WI at WW. I think I again bit off more than I can chew trying for 396 miles; however, I'll be biking so that's probably about the same as 100 miles walking. What do ya'll think? Last night I did 5 miles in 25 minutes. So I'm guessing 10 miles per hour is what I'm doing. Hopefully, when we get this cleaning in hand, I'll be able to do an hour each evening on the . I'll try tonight--but no promises.

Rhonda, hmmmmmmmmmmmm????? Maybe that's why I'm getting popups. I didn't know the tracker could cause that.

Donna, on your loss. That's great. I hope I have one tomorrow. I'd settle for a maintain at this point. Why don't you join me on the ? I think it's going to be a long journey, but it's doable. Just think--we could carry a picnic!!

Patti, the main reason I'm biking instead of walking is because of my feet. It's hard on them for me to treadmill. I will throw in a few miles now and then, but the is easier on my joints. Thank you again for starting this. I'm having fun! (I'll have more fun after this house is ready for Open House.)

Rhonda, congratulations on the NSV. Is there a way I could help you with a tracker?

Got to go. I'm going to rest a bit more then "hit it" again.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 10"

Evening everyone! Had a fun day today, wanted to get to the beach this week as I'm still on vacation. But its been barely 70 degrees - too cool for me. So today I took Sarah to a children's musem that is here in my town. My BIL gave her 4 passes for Christmas about 2 years ago. I'm glad I waited until now to use them. She had a ball. We got there about 10 and left at 1:30 -- I was starving! We came home and I made her mac and cheese and started to make my salad. She actually asked for a salad as well! She ate lettuce, red and orange peppers and carrots topped with balsamic vinegrette. I was so thrilled. My healthing eating is starting to show in her habits. Makes the decision I made 3 years ago - to get healthy and get to a healthy weight, the right choice. I guess that's my NSV for the day.

I did great on plan today - even made a double batch of pudding to have this week. Mixed vanilla and butterscotch. Wanted to make pumpkin pudding but I have no pumpkin. So, started my grocery list.

Rhonda, great NSV! Congrats to you with getting rid of the fries.

Tech, congrats on the loss. Let us know how the soup turned out. Never made gespachio. Probably because I can't spell it

Well, got to get Sarah out of the tub. BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:18 PM   #24  

OK, trying tracker

Old 08-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #25  

Ok, let's see if it stays on...
Old 08-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #26  

Beats me. I can create it, copy and paste it, then it doesn't stay there.

Sorry to take up the space with this. But, since Coco is having trouble, I thought she might be amused that I am also!!

Rhonda
Old 08-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #27  

Hi Everyone
Got a question for you ladies.
I fixed some dried baby lima beans today. Which would be core. But my question is. Wonder how many points they would be. On the bag they say 1/4 cup of dried beans are a serving. So I figured out that would be one point. But wonder what they would be after cooking. Still one point. All I added was some spray I cant believe its not butter. But who is going to eat 1/4 cup of dried beans. So if anyone knows. let me know. I counted it as 1/2 a cup of beans would be one point.
TEJAS I didnt even really try to put my tracker on. They lost me when they said something about copy and paste. Dont even know how to do that. Glad hubby is back. Good job on passing on the fries. And getting the salad. Hope you had a good day.
ONTARGET Sounds as if you have been really busy. Sorry about the toe. That must have been awful painful. Hope it gets better soon. Is there anything they can do for the broken toe. Good luck with weigh in tomorrow. I am sure you will have a loss. I just figured it up. In the last 4 weeks I have lost 8 lbs. But still have 30 more to lose of what I have regained. That is my focus right now. But will still have a ways to go to get to goal. Have a great evening.
TECHALUM Congrats on the loss. That is wonderful. One of our dogs had a dual ear infection in June. How was the soup.
BLESSEDWITHSARAH Glad you had a good time at the museum. Sounds like fun. I have fixed butterscotch pudding. And dipped my apples in it. Kinda made think I was having carmel with my apple. Wasnt too bad.
Well I hope everyone has had a great day.
Will get off here for now.
coco
P.S. HELLO to VICKIE AND FROUFY if you are lurking. Miss you.
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:58 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, are you posting it in your signature? That's where I paste mine.

Coco, relosing 8 pounds is amazing. I am so proud of you.

Here's how to copy and paste.

1. Drag your mouse across what you are wanting to copy. This will highlight it.
2. Leave the stuff to highlight and move your mouse up to the top of your screen to "Edit."
3. Left click your mouse on "Edit." A window will drop down and will give you choices of "cut", "copy", "paste"
4. Left click on "paste".
5. Now open a window on the Core Board. It doesn't matter if you lose the page that you just highlighted and copied.
6. There's a blue bar across near the top of the page. On it are listed: "UserCP", "Calendar", "New Posts" and a few other choices.
7. Left click on "User CP."
8. A new page will appear that has a column on the left side called "Control Panel". Underneath "Control Panel" is the title "Settings and Options."
9. Left click "Edit Signature" that's just beneath "Settings and Options."
10. Scroll down till you see a box entitled "Edit Signature."
11. Left click inside the white box.
12. Move your mouse back up to the top of the screen and left click on "Edit."
12. This time put your mouse "Paste" and left click. The URL for your tracker should appear in the box below "Edit Signature."
13. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and left click on "Save Signature."

You should have your tracker in all your posts now.

I hope this helps. Let me know if it doesn't.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:12 PM   #29  

Coco, 1/4 C of dried should be 1/2 of cooked. So, I agree: one point.

Night all. It looks like my current attempt to save the tracker worked. It's all really boring for us technopeasants.

Rhonda
Old 08-22-2007, 11:18 PM   #30  
Donna

Hello All,

I just got back from walking the dogs. It is hot and muggy out even at 9:30. I thought it was about a mile around the block but after configuring my new pedometer I found out it's about 3/4 of a mile, should have known when it only took me about 15 minutes Oh well, I wasn't going back out. I'll walk farther tomorrow.

The soup (gazpacho) was good. I think I should have measured the Tabasco though, it was a little spicier than I like it. Also I only made a half recipe, but forgot to halve the salt, I scooped out as much as I could, but it was still a little salty . I'll post the recipe tomorrow if you're interested, it's not core but only like 3/4 pt for the juice (2.5 C/4 serv.)

Rhonda - on sending back the fries!

Sandra - I'm thinking about riding to Chicago that's about 270 miles. I have about 10 weeks (not counting 2 weeks of vacation) left of biking season, so I would have to average 27 miles a week. I usually average about 15-20 so I've been debating. Right now I have to wait for DH to come home and grease all the parts that got drenched in the rain on top of my car. I figure I can handle a mile a night walk, the dog's going to love me if I don't kill him.

Coco - as someone said in class today, "we have to forgive ourselves and move on when we make mistakes." Don't think of what you regained, 8 lbs in 4 weeks is something to be proud of. According to the ww complete food companion - 1/2 Cup cooked Lima Beans = 1 pt.

Rhonda - sounds like you had fun at the museum. What a great feeling that must have been that Sarah wanted veggies. You're definitely doing the right things.

Time for me to head upstairs. Have a great night everyone.

-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 08-23-2007 at 08:46 AM.
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote