Old 02-22-2007, 09:08 AM   #46  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning all. I'm happy to report my scale loves me! I weighed myself neked as usual, it was still at 176 and clothed it was 178 -- the same as it was yesterday. SO, I'm going with my scale. The WW scale will just have to catch up. I've updated my tickers and now I'm happy. The one interesting thing I did pick up from the meeting yesterday (as I sat there and pouted) was that my current walking routine may be enough to sustain where I'm at but not to lose. So, I'm going to look for 5pd wrist and ankel weights and start using those when I walk. Also, if the weather continues to improve and I get back to my usual healthy self, I'll will fit into my schedule a lunch time walk at least once per week. Heck, even when I'm home I have barely gotten out for walks these past few months (outside of dog walking at night!).

So, its a new day and a new attitude. On the health side, I feel so much better today, my throat is no longer sore -- a bit odd feeling but it doesn't hurt and my head is clearing. But, Sarah woke up with goop in her eye, complaining it hurt. She had some goo yesterday morning which I didn't think much of - but today its also a bit pink. Great - 4:15 we are off to the Drs. I debated on waiting it out or just going - my luck it would end up worse and I'd be taking her on Saturday. Then Sunday we are having her bday party -- she'll be 4 on Tuesday! Time goes by!

Thanks to you all for you thoughts on our son - its hard for me to mention him at times. I don't want people to be uncomfortable - losing a baby is not something people like to think about or know it can happen. KWIM? The poem just really moved me. And yes, we do have wonderful memories - thankfully he was mostly home with us and looking at him you wouldn't have know how sick he was.

I also need to get my car to a car wash - but when I think about doing it a new storm is predicted. Tonight and tomorrow morning we should be getting 3-6 inches, then another storm Monday. The good thing is that any snow we get now won't last long and my bulbs do need some of the snow cover to help brighten the colors. Spring is on its way!!!

Oh, did anyone realize day light savings is now early? Clocks turn back mid March rather than the beginng of April!! That will be nice -- it always makes me feel happier when its ligher later.

Off to post my menu.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:20 AM   #47  
Melissa

Hi chickies! I miss you all!
Things are okay here, just overwhelmingly (is that a word?) busy. Between trying to figure out what's going on with our car (and trying to get the dealership to admit it was their fault), Pampered Chef, work, and church...it's a bit much. It seems like things always hit at the same time doesn't it?
I don't think I've even told you all that I've applied for a new job! I'm very hopeful. A friend of ours is very close to the organization (it's KY Organ Donor Affiliates) and has highly recommended me. She said if they didn't interview me she would be down there throwing a fit. So that's good news I guess. I can't wait to get out of this job...but you all know all about that.
I'm also excited because we are planning a vacation in May (also our 6th anniversary). We are going to rent a pet-friendly chalet in the Smoky Mountains, take our food and entertainment with us, and not leave for the whole week. No computer, no business...just relaxing. There is a hot tub and jacuzzi too. We are trying to decided between two cabins. One is a cozy, small one that is very secluded. The other one is much larger and gorgeous, but there are a couple of other cabins around it. We can't decide which one to rent! The smaller one is a 100 cheaper for the week, but it's still a hard decision. If anyone is interested in looking, the link is www.greatoutdoorrentals.com and the cabins are Catch a Fallin' Star and Mounain Hideaway.
I am still doing flex, I can't seem to get off of it now that I've started. This morning I had a delicious homemade bacon egg and cheese muffin (canadian bacon, rf cheese, egg, english muffin) that was 6 points. I usually skimp on breakfast but I've been so hungry lately I'm trying to do some different things and see what happens.
Well I guess I've rambled long enough. I do want to catch up with you all. For now I better get to work. I'm in charge of a Parenting group today.
I hope that you all have beautiful core days!
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #48  
Donna

Morning All-

Well it's a new day. Did pretty well diet wise yesterday, but didn't exercise much. Just couldn't get my behind out the door. So I went for a walk with DH when he got home but we both wanted to get dinner started so it was a shorter one than usual.

Today I'm supposed to go to curves and then grocery shopping. Fajitas for dinner . One of my favorites I can't wait!!!

Vicki - Hope DH is feeling better, I hate falling, not only is it painful but I tend to beat myself up for not being more careful, which is worse. I do try to exercise, but I have a hard time in the winter, when I'm off work, it's so easy to just stay inside and say I'll go tomorrow. I'm working on being better.

Frouf - I know what you mean about car wash, I did mine on Monday it was so nice. Fortunately there was no line when I went in but when I was done it was out to the road . Didn't get those UFO's done but they're moving.

Paula - Hopefully the scales will match next time. Hope Sara's eye isn't serious. As I'm on the west end of the time zone, not to happy about moving the time change, it'll be sooooo dark in the mornings.

Sandra - my leader says the same thing - is it something they tell them to say? My problem is I seem to be 2 steps forward 2 steps back

Coco - Sometimes that's all we need.

September - Liked those rentals. I love that area, we rented and RV and went down there a couple of years ago.

Well I should get moving. Have a great OP (whatever your plan is) day everyone.

-Donna
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:02 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning All:

I slept in until after 10 AM. Thank goodness I don't have to go into the office today.

I awoke to a beautiful snowy scene. We have about 2 1/2 inches of the fluffy kind. I don't think it makes up for the bitter cold, but I do enjoy this.

Paula, I hope that none of us feels inhibited about posting about the loss of loved ones. Memories are so important in forming who we are, and sharing them should be a positive thing. It takes courage though at times.

Melissa, I know what you mean about being overwhelmed. I think I've spent a lot of my career feeling that I could never, ever catch up with the work. That is very unhealthy, and its no wonder that heart disease is the major killer that it is. You know all of the propoganda about (male) executives having heart attacks? It's not male executives who have the highest rate of heart attacks. It is people who are in work positions that give them little control over the decisions that affect their lives who have the highest rates. That might be most of us!

So, Melissa, I looked at the outdoor site...beautiful! Get a BIG cabin and we'll all come down! Send us the exact dates so we won't miss you!!

I'm having a late, late breakfast and taking the dogs for a romp in the new snow

BBL.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:30 AM   #50  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Morning chickies,

Finally at work after taking dd to dr - yes she probably needs orthotics - need to call another place now for yet another appointment! But first dd and dh had to have a big blowout fight with lots of screaming and yelling first thing in the morning - a very nice way to start the day (NOT!). Turns out she was using the laundry room (dryer) last night which is just outside our bedroom - after 10:30 pm!!! (rule in our house is no laundry after 10 pm due to noise issues). Dh already a light sleeper and generally sleep deprived went crazy - said he could not sleep - she would not turn it off - and the fight continued this morning (I did intervene) - So no internet for her for a couple of days and dh really needs to learn to handle himself better in these situations!

Rhonda - are your teeth sparkly clean and white? I also have a dentist appt this afternoon so leaving work early! Glad you had a nice sleep in! (I hope to do the same sat morning).

Melissa - good luck with the new job! Hope it all works out for you. Love the cabin idea (I still need to go and check them out tho!).

Paula - hope nothing serious w/Sara's eye - and I think checking it out sooner rather than later is a great idea! I still took a decongestant this morning as my stuff is still a bit stuffed up - what's up with that? Is this like a 2 week long cold?

As for daylight savings time - seems we Canadians - have to match our US neighbours so we shall also be moving our clocks back early this year - in fact this will happen on the last night of my cruise!!! We will lose another hour of sleep (like I won't be exhausted anyways?). Hopefully it won't be too confusing for all the passengers!

I did exercise last night - and I am supposed to again tonight - according to my 'schedule' - I hope to do some shopping after dentist - need to pick dd up at 6:30 from school and take her to dance class so won't be home til around 7:30 pm - I doubt I will feel like moving?

Almost lunchtime!

Froufie

P.S. GREAT NEWS - for some reason decided to check cruise price once again (many people on my cruise have gotten price reductions as price drops - except my category NEVER seemed to change - until today!). Noticed major price drop - so called Carnival and lo and behold I now have a $150US onboard credit - how amazing is that? I am thrilled about this - YIPPEE!!!

Last edited by Froufy; 02-22-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:50 PM   #51  

Very quiet afternoon on the boards!

I mostly did work from home, ran a few errands, and made the beef stew from WW cookbook. I left the potatoes out of it, and it was rather good.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Rhonda
Old 02-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #52  

Hi Everyone
Oh where did all those stinkin lady bugs come from. They havent left all winter. Got 4 of them flying around the light right now. YUCK!!!!
Well not much happening here. Eating was bad again today.
But I am fasting tonight. Have to get some blood work done tomorrow. So maybe that will help. Hope so anyway.

FROUFY That is great you got a cheaper rate. Again thanks for the web site. Looks kinda interesting. May try and find The A list book tomorrow. But keep thinking ok. You have Dr Phil's book. Why dont you read it. Maybe it will help. But this lady sounds very interesting.

TECHALUM Thanks for the hugs. Need them. Did you go to Curves. Do you like Curves. I see it advertised. And there is one right across the street from where I go to WW. But have never checked them out. Just think. On the days I dont have to go to town. Do I really want to make a special trip. Hope you had a great day.

VICKIE How are you. How is hubby. Is he ok from his fall.

To everyone else. I hope you have had a great day.
Well I am going to get off here. Get ready and watch Grey's Antaomy. They are saying some one will die tonight. So dont know. will have to watch and see.
So everyone have a great evening.
Oh I am going to go and see about the Gazelle tomorrow. I just hope they have one. And I will be putting it on layaway. So will still be a little bit before I have it. but at least it is a step in the right direction. Lets hope anyway.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:33 AM   #53  

Yoo hoo...anybody out there??
Old 02-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #54  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks. I just popped in to say hello. Sorry I'm SO out of touch. Jim is very sore but thankfully didn't break anything. He did fall on the side where he had his shoulder surgery. I'm watching him closely.

I was sicker than I have been in a long, long time on Wednesday night. I'm still not sure if it was food poisoning or the flu since I'm still not well. I'll spare you the gorey details but it was violent and all happening at the same time. I slept all day yesterday and another 8 hours last night. I'm feeling a bit hungry now so I'm going to try some toast and tea.

Hope you are all well. Sure glad I got my flu shot!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:07 AM   #55  
Donna

Morning All -

Didn't make it out of the house yesterday so I didn't go to Curves Now I'll have to drag DH out on Sunday. I'm trying to convince him to join the city's gym, I suggested visiting on Sat pm, he seemed to think it was a good idea then I can and do wa with Sandra. They also have a class which might be fun.

Just got back from grocery shopping and now I'm off to Curves and then meeting my mom for lunch and a quilt show.

Frouf - Yea on the $$$ now you can take Ray to lunch and it won't cost extra .

Coco - I really enjoy Curves, it takes absolutely no thought whatsoever which is my type of exercise. It is hard to get there in the winter when it's the only reason I'm going out though.

Vicki - glad Jim's OK, and you're feeling better.

Well, I've gotta go. Have a great day everyone.

-Donna
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:22 AM   #56  

Height: 5'7"

I'm here, checking in every once in a while.

I've decided to take a break from the board. There are times when I don't really feel as though I belong here because my pitiful little 1-2 pound problem seems stupid to most everybody else. I hear the same old thing here at work ... "why are you eating (whatever healthy thing I might be eating at the time)? you don't need to lose anymore weight" and blah blah blah. I try to explain that it's not a situation where I can say "Whew! Glad that's over, now where's the Big Macs?" In order to maintain, I still have to eat just as I did while losing 40 pounds.

Anyway, enough of that. I hope you all stay well and continue to be successful in your individual endeavors.

(Frouf, enjoy that cruise!!!)
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #57  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Morning chickies!

Cold and frosty Friday here - but sun is shining!

Vickie - you poor darling! Hope you are feeling better? What caused all of this? Glad to hear Honey Lamb did not suffer too much 'damage' and is basically okay!

Coco - good luck w/the blood tests - maybe the fasting will help keep you motivated for the rest of the day?

Donna - I was lazy last night - had a bit of a pigout and did NOT exercise. I am not proud of myself either. But it's a new day right? Have fun w/your Mom!

Paula - how is Sara doing? Everything ready for the party??

Kathy - DON'T BE RIDICULOUS? What would you think like this? It doesn't matter to me anyways how much anyone has to lose? We are all here to support and inspire each other - I for one would like you to continue posting - I don't know why you feel you don't belong???

Sickness in my house (and at work) and I am deathly afraid of catching something. Actually can anyone tell me is it a bad thing that when I blow my nose my ears pop and make noise? This is not USUAL for me and I am a bit concerned esp as I am FLYING next Friday (have flown w/fluid in my ear and it wasn't pretty!). Wonder if I should still keep taking decongestants this week? (I am so tired of all of this!). DD very sick - completely plugged up and home from school today.

I am leaving early anyways as it is International Day at little ds' school - lots of fun, different foods from different cultures and ds will be doing an aikido presentation w/his class - should be fun. Then off for my 6:30 pm FACIAL APPOINTMENT!!! So excited! ...and tomorrow hairdresser and HIGHLIGHTS! YIPPEE.

Also cleaning lady at my place today so I am so looking forward to a sparkling home (for a least a few hours anyway!).

Have to go to bank and get some US cash - hope the exchange rate isn't too painful?

Later,

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #58  

What makes you think you not wanted or needed. A word or a sentence from you has helped me many a time. I wish I was in your situation , maintaing. The fact that you got there gives me and others hope that we can do it too. Don't be a quitter.
busdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:11 PM   #59  

Hi All:

Kathy, your one pound or two or three or...isn't perceived by me as "stupid." And, your humor and wisdom are both appreciated, no matter what your food, exercise and weight issues are or aren't.

Vickie, I'm voting for food poisioning given your description. But, a 24 hour virus can do the same thing, of course. Honestly, we are just an experiment being run by the viruses!

I think I'm turning a corner on both food and exercise. It all seems easier now. I'm blaming the weather for the struggle.

Froufie, I wanna go, I wanna go.

DH is in the kitchen plotting out our plans to get a new floor, a new stove and new cabinets. I'm not doing a total renovation, but making some much needed changes and getting rid of the stove I was moaning about over the holidays. It's fun now, but I'm sure I'll whine while the work is being done.

Have a good OP day everyone. I'm going for a haircut. That and getting my teeth cleaned yesterday is all the maintenance for the week.

Rhonda
Old 02-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #60  

Hi ladies just checking in to say hi, have been busy so haven't been posting much. I will go post my weightloss which was not much this week due to TOM. Will try to bbl.
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote