Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #106  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Melissa! It helps to know you guys are holding out great hope for me yet. I miss reading your posts. Somedays lately the best thing about my day is reading all of the normal things going on in all of your lives. Very exciting news about the glucophage!
Old 02-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #107  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. we're home from the morning's training session and are going back shortly. kids' league's going on right now. yesterday i sighted in the new bow amidst oohs and aahs from the guys there. they were oohing/aahing about the bow, not me. our friend who's the psychologist was there and worked on my mental game. he even gave me some homework to do last night. well, for every night, actually. :books: i am feeling much much more confident already.

vickie, i'm glad your testing is over and that you'll be finding answers monday. for awhile i had to have the echo every 3 months; then every 6 months; then annually; now i have them biannually. it's amazing what modern medicine can do, isn't it? that is sweet of jim to stay right with you. you're a very very loved woman. makes me smile.

nikki, i empathize with you about the shopping experience. been there/done that. you got a great bargain on those earrings.

patti, that's cold, girl. i'll bet you're making a lot of soup and other hot foods. i'm glad you enjoyed the sushi. i've only had it once and i confess it took quite a bit of sake for me to eat it then. (i've led a sheltered life, haven't i?)

kathy, i'd like to hear all about those archery tournaments. change of hair color? find that camera so you can post photos for us to see your new do.

frouf, my hair appt is feb 28. i'm getting highlights. this must be chickie makeover month. ::

howdy, melissa. sure am glad you're on that wagon. i can see you right now up there in the front seat cracking that whip. way to go, podna!! we watched wicker man last week. talk about weird!!

donna, enjoy your valentines' treat today. your shepherd's pie sounds good to me. i'm a spicey gal for sure.

whew! rhonda! i'm glad you found those rings. i can imagine your panic. this has been a long week for us, too. does that mean our lives will be longer now that weeks last longer?

paula, i'm glad sarah's better and you and dh are having a night out.

melissa, i just read your today's post. i am sooooo happy for you for getting help losing weight. being accountable to my doctor is one of the main things that helped me. guess i'd better get back to practicing what i preach. i didn't go to ww this week. i did have a slight loss, though. i'm 164.5 now. that's about what i've been weighing since before thanksgiving. right now, i'm happy to maintain. when the next 2 tournaments are over, i'll work harder at weightloss. my feeble old mind is hard to focus on 2 things at once. yep, i've had oodles of stress lately. it's actually been going on for a month or longer. hopefully, the wave of stress is lifting now.

vickie, i am not just having hope for you--i'm expecting the best for you.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #108  

Height: 5'7"

Redhead checking in. Uh, yeah. Medium brown, my a$$! I should SUE!
Old 02-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #109  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, you sound wonderful! I wish you lived next door. I'd lure you over with Core meals so your optimism could rub off on my chubby little body.

Kath, redheads have more fun! Where's the picture?

Jim went to get us Chipotle. I said I would cook and then I changed my mind. I need to stop doing what I think I should be doing and doing what feels best for the time being.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

Well, Vickie, I think I was a little down in the dumps, for no immediate reason. I didn't take my nap, but I did get some shopping out of the way and did bring some food into the house.

We'll have trout fillets tonight, and I like those.

DH has been stripping wallpaper, and I think the mess was just getting to me. The house is too small to have a mess in it! I'm too impatient....oh well, it's February...all bets are OFF. Too $#&@* cold for this Southerner.

Even the die hard winter lovers get the February blahs!

Kathy, redheads are great...my favorite SIL is a redhead.

Rhonda
Old 02-10-2007, 07:43 PM   #111  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Rhonda, everyone is entitled. I just wanted you to know that I noticed and wished I could help.

I'm listening to music from Wicked and trying to relax.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #112  

Hi Everyone
We had a nice day today. Sun was shining. In the 20's. No snow. In fact alot of our snow has melted the last couple of days. But they are saying some more is on the way. Some flurries Monday. And then some snow Tues into Wed. They are not sure how much. Depends on how the system goes.
Well the Mall won out. But the only thing I bought was a basket for 2.99 on sale. I wanted one to hang on my wall to put the bills in. Instead of just laying them on top of the TV stand.
And then ran the car through the car wash. Was awful salty. So now it looks better.

ONTARGET How was the movie. I wonder if it would be any good.

VICKIE Glad the test is over. Am thinking of you. And you are in my prayers.

FROUFY Did you find a shawl/jacket for your dress. Thinking of you.

TEJAS So glad you found your rings. I cant imagine what you went through looking for them. Well yes I can. I would have been so stressed and upset it wouldnt have been funny.

Thinking of all of you.
Am going to get off here for now. Just checking in.
Hope everyone had a great day.
coco
Old 02-10-2007, 08:25 PM   #113  
focused and aiming

kathy, are you our new lucy? do you have a ponytail?

vickie, you could lure me over any time, girl. i wish we lived closer, too. wouldn't we have fun!

rhonda, keep your chin up. go to a movie or something to get out of the house. i hope doyle gets everything finished soon. is he a fast worker?
Old 02-10-2007, 08:26 PM   #114  
focused and aiming

coco, that movie was weird but i liked it. it's not a good one to watch right before bedtime, though.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #115  
Melissa

Hi Sandra! I know, I was thinking of you when the doctor told me to come back with my weight loss report. I wanted to exercise today but I didn't. I've been working on laundry and Pampered Chef stuff. Plus I actually cooked twice today, which is a record for me on the weekend.

Speaking of that, we're going out to eat again tomorrow for my mom's birthday. Thursday it was MIL's bday, Tuesday is mom's. So lots of eating out (and with w/i on Monday!!). I think we are going for steak though, so it shouldn't be too bad. Last night we went out to Ted's Montana grill. I had the bison burger (no bun) with tomato, pickles, green beans and sauteed mushrooms/onions. It was SO good and the whole meal was 9 points, or core I do believe! I highly recommend it if you all haven't tried it.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #116  

Sandra, no ponytail due to a few layers but I still straighten it. I suppose it'll do for now, but I really wanted brown. Suppose I should have gotten dark brown.

Melissa, the doctor visit sounds positive and it seems like he's giving you some good advice to get ready!

I ended up making chicken, sweet potatoes and salad instead of the potato/onion thing and green beans. Judd had wanted to go out but I said no, I'm cooking. I knew if we went somewhere we would totally go off our respective plans and regret it. Plus, he had Mexican food at lunch with his dad, so he sure didn't need to add to it.

I got a new Russell Stover SF candy at the store that's coconut, sorta like Almond Joy. It is GREAT! I usually just buy the peppermint patties from RS, and then SF Reeses. I used to keep them at work in case I wanted something sweet, but haven't had any in a while. When I saw them at the store and bought them on a whim. I'm glad I did now.

I'll be back in the morning. Oh and scale this morning was in the 137s. I like the recent direction and am certain I will make my cruise goal. My next goal will be to maintain it.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #117  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Congrats on heading in the right direction with the scale #s - I agree that eating in should help! And I too want to see the redheaded kathy! Guess what's on the box is not exactly what one might get?

Rhonda - hope you are feeling more chipper! Luckily my rings won't easily be removed from my fat fingers - I would FREAK OUT if I lost or misplaced them that's for sure!

Vickie - please tell me you did get to enjoy a very relaxing bubble bath and a good read? (and I too was listening to my Wicked CD in the car today )

Coco - glad it warmed up a bit for you - I actually did not get the dress - I am too afraid of how I would look in it - and will hopefully get by without it! (ya like I can even get all my cruise clothes into 1 suitcase!)

Donna - your shepherd's pie - sounds lovely and different!
And yes thankfully the t-shirt stress is over - I had no idea how much it was upsetting me until it was over - then it was like a weight lifted off my shoulders. Since I have tried on the shirt w/the tank underneath I am actually getting so excited to wear it! Await transfers from Ray so I can get someone to 'make' it for me here!

Melissa - glad you checked in and are being well taken care of by the new dr! Sounds like the flex plan and meetings are helping you get back on track - whatever works! Good luck with the car dilemma!

So dh still coughing like a crazy person - now using cough syrup w/codeine so at least he can get some rest - he was up and down all last night - and woke me up a couple of times - but I did manage to sleep in til 11 am today! !!

My exercise is on hold due to an 'under breast' issue that is brewing - not sure if related to yesterday's mammogram?? - but I am in pain - and it's not pretty - using cornstarch baby powder to help clear things up!

Had my manicure/pedicure appt at 1 pm - had fun catching up with Bella (owner/friend) - she of course also wants to cruise w/me - but not able to shut down the business - her daughter just had another baby (girl in November) - I got to peek at the lovely bundle for a few minutes - what a cutie - big blue eyes - head of brown hair! Yes it did make me want another (just for a few seconds?).

Nails and toenails are GORGEOUS - bright/hot pink - nails were dry and long - now trimmed and 'moisturized' - and in 3 weeks will be a good/longer length for my cruise! I have already booked the pre-cruise appt (28th) and I hope I can make it - meaning that I will be all organized and almost packed and CALM ENOUGH to take a couple of hours to get this done!

Then off to walmart (to return one of the white t-shirts!) and get the 'drugstore' order (I find their pharmacy items way cheaper than anywhere else!) - got the 'cruise' stuff (pepto bismol, bonamine, anti-itch spray, benadryl cream, immodium, bandaids, nail polish remover pads) and some other stuff (new pj's for little ds - all his are all of a sudden too short!). Oh ya and another blouse for myself - very nice - white with small black/ grey vertical stripes - cotton/spandex - buttons down front, collar, and turn back cuffs - best was it was reduced to $9 so I couldn't pass it up!

Poor dh not well enuf to go out tonight as I was hankering for a movie night - oh well - we are going out wed for valentine's day (yes to the same place as our anniversary dinner - if you recall the 'aftermath'? hope that doesn't happen again). Also doing lunch out on wed (work) and possibly dinner w/gf tuesday night (that was cancelled last week) so I am dreading my WI given all the eating out - will try to make excellent choices!

Frouf
Old 02-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #118  

Frouf, you should insist that the Mr. visit the doctor -- I agree that if he spreads his germs to you it will NOT be good. It doesn't sound like an ordinary cold if it lasts this long and causes so much misery.

The Dufus family next door is painting their house today. They started last summer (yep, sure did), painted a little bit and stopped. It looks horrible but that's par for them -- these are the ones with the infamously hideous "deck." They came over and asked what company we used to paint ours and we told them. Then they asked how much ... and decided he would buy a compressor and do it himself. Now he has his dufus brother and dufus friends and they are making a big racket out there. Judd moved his truck because I wouldn't trust this dufus not to paint it.

Your post reminds me that I have to figure out my Valentines menu. I can't remember what I made last year except that I remember we had snow peas with sesame seeds ... must have been really good if that's all I can remember! This year I'm leaning towards something with fish; probably a pan-seared something, brown rice, steamed vegetables, maybe some SF/FF chocolate pudding. I'd better get cracking on it.

Happy Sunday ... BBL. Sunday is scrambled egg day for the dogs so I'm off to the kitchen.

Last edited by Katpo; 02-11-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:33 PM   #119  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks. Another quiet day here. Jim is at CVS shopping for sale items with a great coupon we got in the email. Today I'll be making the turkey thighs that I didn't make yesterday with some Core mashed potatoes and corn.

I'm just really trying to chill out until my appointment tomorrow afternoon. I finished the taxes and am very relieved to be getting a refund for the first time in 4 years. Woo hoo.

Kathy, you are quite wise to get away from your neighbors. They always sound like crackpots!

Coco, thank you so much for your prayers and good thoughts! They mean the world to me.

Frouf, there have been times during my mammograms when the technician has "sliced" the underside of my breast where it meets my body. I think this is a combination of my breasts being large and my stomach being in their way. They pulled and tugged on it SO hard that they actually made a half-moon type tear in the skin. When this has happened I've used Neosporin maximum strength with pain relief for a couple of days until it heals. The cornstarch powder (which I used daily BTW!) will keep it dry but I think you might need some antibiotic healing from the Neosporin and the mild topical pain relief.

I forgot Valentine's Day is right around the corner. Right now I'm not in the mood to celebrate. Maybe I'll feel more chipper on Monday night.

I hope you're all having great, on program days.

Last edited by Vickie; 02-11-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #120  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

OHMYGOD VICKIE - that's exactly what seems to have happend to me! How freaky is that? Glad I am not 'abnormal'! The good news is the cornstarch seems to be working - MUCH MUCH better today - also using some sterile gauze - what a pain in the @#$#$

Quote:
Frouf, you should insist that the Mr. visit the doctor -- I agree that if he spreads his germs to you it will NOT be good
Ya well it's a little too LATE for that now - I have succumbed! Yes - last night - hit me like a wall - one minute I was fine - the next minute I was completely stuffed up with plugged sinues and unable to breathe - a fun night was had by all - dh up and down coughing up his lungs - and me tossing and turning trying to breathe!

I am taking sudafed now w/advil - no fever thank goodness - but I look and feel like crap (excpet for my pretty finger and toenails ). Sitting here snivelling - made myself a big pot of matzo ball/chicken soup (okay I cheated and used a mix instead of from scratch) - and it was very yummy!

I was going to go do errands w/dh and drop off ds to his birthday party - but dh insisted I stay home (claims he is getting better - what a joke!). So I made him some lists and hope he can figure things out! I really wanted to get out of the house - but he is right - I should just stay put - drinking flavored strawberry water now - but I think I shall soon switch to some wildberry tea - maybe with a drop of honey - so far my throat is okay!

Kathy - I would freak out if any of that paint kinda 'blew' over to my house - cover everything up! can't wait to hear about your valentine's day menu

Rhonda - how are you feeling today? A bit warmer here - at least the sun is out!

Paula - how is Sarah doing?

The only good news is I don't feel much like eating (ya right!) - had 1/2 turkey sandwich, bowl of soup w/2 matzo balls (so yummy!) around noon (brunch?) - that should hold me off til dinnertime. I have some salmon fillets defrosted but really not in the mood to cook or eat that? Those scrambled eggs sure sound good tho!

Later,

Snivelling Frouf
Closed Thread