Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 06:55 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Folks:

I'm home late again, but I'm making Garlicky Red Beans and Pork from WW cookbook. It smells delicious; can hardly wait 'til it's done.

Good work Angela! And, Niki, that was a sweet story about your son praying for divine intervention. I'm sorry he has to hurt right now.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 01-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #62  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay so it took me awhile to figure you are talking about some 'sporting event' right Kathy? (what opening day? hotdogs? seats? guess it's not a new mall or anything like that? )

I am here to report that I have SUCCESSFULLY completed 45 minutes on the treadmill @ 3.3mph - yippee - with vaseline on my toes no less - greasy socks () but otherwise okay! I am freezing now and need to go warm up again!

Determined NOT to go downstairs to the kitchen where food will most likely fly into my mouth!

Good news is dh needed my van to transport his drums from the practice home to the bar tomorrow so I was able to convince him to drop dd off and pick her up from dance class - so I don't have to go out at all tonight!

Angela - congrats on your fabulous loss - and I bet you also have eyes in the back of your head don't you?

Rhonda - enjoy your dinner - I bet you will have great LO for lunch or dinner tomorrow!

Trying for an early night again? I have a HORRIBLE day at work tomorrow. I was on a course out of the office all afternoon, but around 11 am right before lunch my manager calls me in and assigns me this REPORT to write - on the creation of my uniit - like before and after with values/contracting info, impacts, weaknesses, challenges and details on all the contracts in the past 2 years including bureau info, drug names, value etc - oh ya and did I mention she wants this done by END OF DAY TOMORROW? Yes I have cancelled all my meetings already and done some of the research and printed off some old presentations. And I have assigned my staff to get all the contracting details ready.

Hope I survive!

Frouf
Old 01-25-2007, 08:59 PM   #63  
focused and aiming

rhonda, i can smell those beans!! you're making me hungry.

kathy, i feel stupid for asking but what opening day are you excited about. never mind. i just figured it out. it must be baseball. i think that girl is going to do well, too. america is going to love her sweet personality--and she can sing!!

i had a good time at and (gee i love making those cute things.) we just finished dinner and i have made my "todo" list for the trip tomorrow. now i have a few minutes to "chill." guess i'll do some surfing.

frouf, i hope you get some rest tonight and can get through that project. it sounds like you have everyone already organized and working on it.

vickie, i'm sending you some i hope your week's going well.

melissa, what's up, buddy? did you have a good day?

Last edited by ontarget; 01-25-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #64  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, all! I'm also home (finally!) and cooking.

Well, I looooove coleslaw, so I went online today looking for a FF dressing. Of course, the bottled ones aren't sold in this area (Jimmy's, Walden Farms, etc.) so I had to find a recipe. I found one that had FF mayo, apple cider vinegar, splenda, celery seed and a little bit of dijon mustard. I'm going to adapt it to use FF Miracle Whip, no splenda, still put the vinegar and mustard and celery seed. I think it'll be good. So now I'm also making a pork tenderloin to slice and keep on hand for lunches next week, and some shrimp to add to the coleslaw so there'll be a little protein thrown in. Sounds like a plan, huh?

I have to work 5 hours tomorrow to finish out my 40 and wipe out the vacation time I had to add on Monday to make up for being at the hospital. I don't care though; there's nothing else going on. Judd is going to the doctor (finally) in the morning because he's had this cold for nearly 3 weeks and it seems to be lingering. I hope they yell at him for waiting so long.

Core seems to be working for me so far, and I'm having no shortage of foods to choose from. The coleslaw is really going to be great, because it's so low calorie and low fat, and filling when I add in the protein. The pork tenderloin (which is peppercorn flavored) is just so good, and I have those single-serving Green Giant broccoli/cheese things to go with it. Have you all seen this? If not, check it out. They are 60 calories, 3g fat, and 2g fiber. It'll be a great thing to add to my dinners of either very lean hamburger patties, fish, or tenderloin. I'm jazzed, just in case you couldn't tell!

Well, Grey's Anatomy is on so I have to scoot! I really hope everybody is having the best day of the week so far.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:02 PM   #65  

Frouf and Sandra, you are both too funny! My summer life revolves around Rangers baseball, so yes ... I'm talking about the opening day of the TEXAS RANGERS! And we play Boston, which is going to be awesome!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:10 PM   #66  
focused and aiming

kathy, your slaw sounds good, too. let us know how it turns out. i haven't watched grey's anatomy. i don't know if we'll watch much tv tonight or not. curtis is still working on our arrows and i'm about to start packing. (after i surf a bit)
Old 01-25-2007, 09:40 PM   #67  

It is 4.2 F here. 'nuf said!

Good night.

Rhonda
Old 01-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #68  
focused and aiming

wow!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #69  

Four degrees shouldn't even be legal. Good grief, Rhonda!!!

I had about 1/3 jar of FF Miracle Whip, so I started pouring in apple cider vinegar, shaking, pouring more, shaking ... until it was a fairly thin and good-tasting dressing. Then I put some of the cabbage in a bowl, poured some dressing over it, added my shrimp and some celery seed, stirred it up and am good to go! This should last most of the next week for lunches; and for dinner I will have the pork tenderloin and broccoli. I'm a happy kid!

Grey's was very good tonight. I must say, it's my favorite show of all time. I can't think of a TV show in the last 50 years that I've liked as much, and looked forward to like I do this one. I'll definitely have this entire series, no matter how many seasons, on DVD. I love it.

Getting ready for bed now. Bindy and I are up in our little room; she's looking out the window and will hopefully put her head down soon. She hates it when I have the light and TV on. I guess I should give her a break and turn everything (except the computer, of course) off.

See you tomorrow!
Old 01-26-2007, 06:29 AM   #70  

Morning:

Well, now it's 3 F. I haven't checked Ottawa's weather, but Frouf might be even colder. Yesterday the car just died when DH was in the grocery store. He then walked home (about a mile) carrying bags of groceries in 15 F weather. He didn't even think about taxis!

I'll go out to Pilates this morning, being driven by one of the other women. Maybe it will be up to 6 F by then There will no dog walked this morning; they have a backyard!

It seems that one can count on January, for certain.

I've taken fruit into the office by the way. That should help with the cookie temptation. At least I'll be embarrassed to eat cookies if there is an alternative.

I'm going to get my afghan and curl up with coffee and the newspaper for a while.

BBL

Rhonda
Old 01-26-2007, 09:51 AM   #71  

Wow, Rhonda, you should be snuggled up in a warm blankie instead of up at 5:30 in the morning! Bless your heart.

I'm at work until noon or so, then have a bunch of errands to do. I guess I'd better get busy. Everybody have a good day!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:01 AM   #72  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Quote:
Well, now it's 3 F. I haven't checked Ottawa's weather, but Frouf might be even colder.
Brrrrrr - definitely colder here! Like -24C with the wind chill which translates to BELOW ZERO F - very below, like minus 15F - is that for real? No wandering outside at all today that's for sure! Dh has his gig tonight and I just might consider staying warm and cozy at home! (besides I should exercise again right?)

Rhonda - sounds like you are comfy and warm! Stay indoors if you can!

Kathy - that coleslaw sounds yummy - I think I shall hunt down the coleslaw stuff and see what I can mix up!

Sandra - have fun this weekend!

Niki - how is your ds doing? I hope he is feeling a bit better and can take this all in stride - eventually! I think it's a great idea to line up more playdates with other kids so maybe he won't feel it as much when his pal moves away.

Scale was a bit more cooperative this morning - the trick is to stay on the downward trend and not be foolling around with the same pound as I have been this week - geez! Maybe the exercise last night helped? (and avoiding the kitchen afterwards even tho I went to bed a bit hungry!).

I did not bring my lunch today - which is very rare! So I shall wander downstairs and pick up a salad or something - maybe chicken caesar - no dressing and use the ff ranch I have here at work? Have some boneless/skinless chicken breasts for dinner - have asked dh to slice them and marinate them in lemon/garlic marinade - so yummy I can't wait for dinner!

Frouf
Old 01-26-2007, 11:22 AM   #73  

Hi All:

Well, Frouf, it was -30 C here last night with the wind chill. Right now, it's 10.7 F (or about -12 C). No matter the details; it's just too cold.

I'm back from an hour of Pilates and feel really good. I can feel the motivation to move creeping back.

And, now I'm moving away from the to the kitchen to rustle up some grub.

Rhonda
Old 01-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #74  

Height: 5' 10"

BRRR -- this morning I looked at the thermometor, I thought it said 38, but then I realized it was 3.8! Not sure what it is now, should only get to 10 or so. Thankfully in the Boston area, this type of cold only lasts a few days. We should be back in the 20s next week.

I have a food challenge today - we are doing a beer swap and pot luck lunch with my team. No, we won't be drinking the beer here! I brought a salad that is core, hopefully there are some other core like things I can eat. Worse case I'll just eat my salad.

I have to do some cooking this weekend - my frozen lunch supply is gone. Hmm, coleslaw is a definate - I make a warm dressing that is very yummy. I'll also make some soup for lunches next week. Seems like the right time of year for soup, or maybe a core stew.....I need to look through some recipes. I still have stuff to make a salmon casserol, I should make that as well.

Off to read, bbl.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:46 AM   #75  

Good morning ladies, it is brutal here, the temperature today is 11F with a wind chill of -5f to -10f with wind gust up 25 miles. It is suppose to go up into the 30's next week, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Kathy that slaw sounds delicious I am going to have to make some. I also loves Greys Anatomy, wow I couldn't believe the proposals.

Rhonda stay warm!

Froufy ds seems to coping with the situation ok, when the time comes I am sure he will be upset again. I did line up a playdate for him on Thursday and I am going to call another mom today. Tomorrow is his best friends birthday and he and 3 other little boys are going to sleep over, so he is really excited about that.

Gotta go see if I can defrost my car, my windshield is a sheet of ice. Talk about ice,last night my ds wanted the Grease soundtrack from my minivan so I venture out in the dark with my clogs on(foolish) just to go to the car. Well all along the side of the van was a sheet of ice that I did not see, so me wearing my clogs(smart) went flying and thank goodness landed on my knees. Now if anybody was watching they would of been hysterical because I could not get up, my clogs kept slipping on the ice, so I had to crawl out off the ice. Needless to say I will not be wearing my clogs anymore till spring. My dh also has a camera in front of our house that is positioned to film the driveway area, he starts laughing when I tell him and he says he is going to see if it is on the tape. Men, you gotta love em.
Closed Thread