3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/102660-what-you-having-dinner-tonight.html)

septembersgoal 01-21-2007 06:12 PM

What are you having for dinner tonight?

I'm having "Taco Junk" which I've never tried before. I know there are several recipes out there (we might have one on our board, I don't know) and I'm not sure where I got this one!

Taco Junk
1 lb ground turkey or beef
1 small can chopped or diced green chilies
1 can Mexican stewed tomatoes
1 can corn, drained
2 cans (15 oz) pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
1 packet dry taco seasoning
1 packet dry ranch seasoning
1 medium onion
1 can mushrooms (optional)

• Brown the meat with the onion and drain the fat.
• Add the other ingredients and simmer from 20 minutes to one hour.
• This can be served as a stew, over rice, in taco shells, etc.

I'm not using mushrooms and instead of green chiles did a can of Rotel. Also, only 1/2 a pack of ranch seasoning because I only had one and want to make some ff ranch dip this week!
I think we'll be eating it over brown rice...I'll let you know how it goes. :hun:

susie_sunshine 01-21-2007 06:22 PM

that actually sounds really good!

We're having pasta and tomato sauce with tons of hunks of veggies and a little ground turkey..

Katpo 01-21-2007 06:31 PM

That sounds good, Melissa! I'm going to write it down to save.

septembersgoal 01-21-2007 06:32 PM

Well what are you having, Kathy? :D That soup sounds delish...I'm sure it doesn't compare, but Progresso has a tomato basil soup (which I haven't tried, but DH liked it). They also have a "Hearty Tomato" soup which is really, really good.

Here's another version of the Taco Junk:

Taco Junk
• 1 pound ground turkey or lean ground beef
* 1 onion -- chopped
* 1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix -- (small) – not core but 0 pts per serving
* 1 pkg Taco seanoning Mix – not core but zero point per serving
* 1 can white kidney beans -- (16 ounce)
* 1 can pinto beans -- (16 ounce)
* 1 can corn -- (16 ounce)
* 1 can stewed tomatoes (mexican) -- (16 ounce)
* 1 can stewed tomatoes -- (16 ounce)
DIRECTIONS

* In dutch oven over medium heat, brown meat and chopped onions
* Drain excess fat, add remaining ingredients, simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors. .
* If you like it a thinner soup, add water to desired consistency
2 per 1 cup serving

Katpo 01-21-2007 06:52 PM

We haven't decided, but since Judd ate lunch so late he probably won't eat anything else. I've been making our lunches for tomorrow so I'm not really hungry after smelling food for a while. Maybe we'll eat some cereal or something like that.

Tejas 01-21-2007 06:56 PM

Can't buy Rotel up here in Canada either. BUT! I have some. I should get some for Frouf and get her addicted too! I see that Susie is in Manitoba...Susie, Rotel is amazing..tomatoes, chili peppers, etc..very spicy and wonderful.

We had meatloaf with chipotle peppers, so I was thinking Mexican also.

Rhonda

Wildfyre 01-21-2007 07:12 PM

My momma made "Stuff"

1 lb ground turkey
1 small diced onion
1 large can ranch-style beans
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can Ro-Tel
1 small jaw of mushrooms

You just brown the meat with the onions, then throw everything else in. Everyone else eats it with chips and cheese and sour cream, but I'm eating it in some whole-wheat pitas with lots of veggies and fresh salsa I made.

septembersgoal 01-21-2007 09:09 PM

It was really good! DH raved about it. It was okay over the rice but excellent in a tortilla.

Tejas 01-21-2007 09:12 PM

oooh, "stuff" sounds good too. Gonna make some! Those "mommas" were really creative.

Night all,
Rhonda

Froufy 01-21-2007 10:08 PM

Love the 'stuff' recipe - my kind of recipe - I would LOVE to try some Rotel! I have heard only good things about it and it sounds like a very versatile ingredient for many dishes!

I actually didn't have much dinner come to think of it - more like grazing:
1 piece of LO roast chicken
1 slice flax bread w/tofu spread

Made some tilapia for dh - dusted w/cornmeal mixed with herb/spices and garlic - I had a tiny piece to taste - dh loved it!

Frouf