Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 10:06 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good plan Kathy....now go home at 4:20

Vickie, good luck with the clean slate.

I woke up ready to start this new year. The crockpot recipe was the first thing I saw on my screen this morning so I think I'll have crockpot roast beef for dinner...seems a good choice considering the state of my kitchen today!

It's back to the "real world" of work for me. I'm too young for this. I need to be outside playing

Rhonda
Old 01-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #32  

Height: 5' 10"

Hello all. I postd the crockpot beef receipe this morning -- it was wonderful. The worcester and A-1 really added a nice flavor. DH loved it, he actually finished the left overs for lunch today. I have my balsamic chicken marinating and I'll be making the new barley side dish tonight as well. I promise to post all of these recipes tomorrow when I'm at work. Right now AOL and dail up are driving me crazy -- my new years resolution is to get a new PC (mine is 5+ years old and acting odd) and broadband connection.

Sandra - I spent hours yesterday catching up on my photos as well. I had not done them since 2004. It was alot of fun to see the changes in Sarah over the past 2 years.

Linda, I'm in Easton, where did you live in MA? Small world isn't it! My sister is now 56 and in the next few years they will be retiring, selling their house, adding on to my nieces house and spending most of the year traveling in their motor home. They certainly love it -- not sure if I would.

Kathy, how is your visit with Shaun? I hope he is doing well and glad to be though the basic training. What is his next stop? I'll keep your brother in my prayers that Baby Eli stays with them. They are special parents by just taking in foster kids. Keep us up to date on what happens.

I too have re-read my ww material and I'lm going to join you all on the sweet heart challenge. 10 pds by VD will be wonderful, if I can do it. I'll add the tracker tomorrow as well. I tried a couple times today and did not get very far.

Angela, your girls must be having a ball with the tents. Sarah got a super fort for Christmas last year - allows her to make all shapes and size tents. She still plays with it alot.

Rhonda, enjoy the roast. As I said, it did come out wonderful. Hope you like it.

Take care all -- I'm off to clean my house.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:59 PM   #33  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm home from WW, lunch, and errands and I'm pooped. I'm going to go have my fruit salad and some water and maybe a nap. We stayed up too late and got up too early. I'll try to come back later to catch up.

I gained and I will gain no more. My intention is to have a loss each week throughout 2007. It can be as little as .2 but it must be a loss. I know that I might not be perfect at this but I intend to put my whole effort into it. I am out of excuses and sick of me!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #34  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

So I am starving here and everyone is talking about food - how yummy! I am hungry like every 2 hours and trying to stay in control.

Yes I got up this morning at what seemed like the crack of dawn (7 am) and tiptoed around the house as EVERYONE ELSE is still asleep - yes kids still home this week and dh of course too. I called him at 10 am and he was still in bed - the lazy good for nothing - told him he had to get up and take control of that house and those kids - ya he said - you're just jealous cuz you're at work! harumphhhhf.

At least it's a pretty slow day but I still have tons of stuff to catch up on - took me the whole morning to get thru my emails and messages.

Kathy - hope the drive home is quicker too - school has not started here either so the cars were actually 'moving' instead of just sitting on the highway.

Vickie - how was the froufie roast? How was your WW meeting?

...and Paula - we await all those great recipes you are testing for us

The bottom of my foot feels better - either so-called sliver is gone or completely embedded in my foot so I no longer feel it - until my foot turns green and falls off!

I do hope to treadmill tonight - but very tired. My real goal would be to wake up early and walk before going to work - but I would need to be a more disciplined frouf to make that work.

Okay so now I need to go find this sweetheart challenge everyone is talking about!

Frouf
Old 01-02-2007, 08:14 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. it's been a full day here. i did get online a few minutes before i went shopping but didn't make it here. i missed ya'll. curtis is doing much much better at staying op than i'd thought he would. he's impressing me. he even again today. that makes 2 days in a row. i need to , too, cuz i didn't get to w a.

kathy, sounds like you have a good plan. i agree with rhonda that you need to go home at 4:20. don't stay at work any later. (this is mama horton speaking.)

vickie, i love your resolve. i will probably have a gain at wi this week, too, but will not have any more in 07. you've inspired me to do better.

linda, that roast sounds good. i'll have to check out the recipe. thanks for posting it for us.

rhonda, i like to use a slow cooker. when are you getting your new oven?

frouf, i found the sweetheart challenge over at ww general. maybe we need to post one here. okay, all this talk of walking--i'm going to

have a good evening, chickies.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

I did leave at 4:20 (okay, it was really 4:40 but who cares?), went to Walgreens, Kroger, Tom Thumb and got gas. I made it home by 6:30 and then made Erin's chili for when she gets home from work late tonight. Judd already ate LO turkey chili from last night so we're good there. I'm not hungry.

Tomorrow is Shaun's 29th birthday; he and Erin will go out for lunch and I think I'll see if everyone wants to go out for dinner. I'm switching to Flex (or calorie counting) for a little while because I really am feeling deprived. There are certain cravings, like maple and brown sugar oatmeal, that I just don't want to use my 5 WPAs on. Since I'm actually in maintenance according to my WW goal, I could use 9 WPAs per day ... still though, I think I'll just cool it. These last few pounds are much more stubborn than the first 30 or so.

Off to the kitchen again ... have a great evening!
Old 01-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

kathy, sounds like you have a good plan. ya'll enjoy yourselves tomorrow night. happy birthday to shaun.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #38  

Kathy: WE CARE Give them their 10 hours (and that's 2.5 hours too many!) and go home...this is Mama Love talking, and Mama Horton and I together are a force!

Vickie...I like the sound of that...some loss every week. I bought the People Magazine "half their size" edition today. If they can, we can!

I wasn't hungry until around 5PM then I noticed that my normally cheerful mood was getting just a little ragged. I thought it was because I was doing things I didn't want to do, but my mood vastly improved when I had some fruit and yogurt.

Sandra, I like my slow cooker too and a new stove might have to wait a month. We won't starve, I'm sure of that and I might get a break with some easier meals. I tend to really like to make meals complicated at times

You might remember that I mentioned that some Canadian grocery stores have been expanding their merchandise to include furniture, etc. in order to "compete" with WalMart. I read in today's paper that it's not working for them and they are backing off that strategy. OK by me, I like my grocery stores to sell groceries.

I put all the holiday decorations away today and began gathering up lots of stuff for Goodwill and for storage. As I've mentioned too many times, this house is really small... so I've decided to just put some stuff in commercial storage, anticipating moving in a few years into a bigger house. Others downsize in retirement but I'm going to go where there's more land and bigger houses and upsize. I'll have more room for chickies and other friends to come and visit so that's a real bonus

Rhonda
Old 01-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #39  
Melissa

Hi everyone! My name is Melissa, and I think I used to post here a few eons ago.
I hope that you are all off to a great start to 2007. We can do it!!
I'll be back soon, I promise!
Old 01-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #40  

Rhonda, just chuck it all and move back home! You know what you can get for the same money here.

I also took down snowmen pictures and figurines and plushes ... the tree is still up and so are the Misfit characters in the big opening over the front door. I think that's all though. We'll get it down this weekend.

Shaun just came downstairs sounding like a frog. I asked what was up, and he said stress. Hmmm ... so I gave him some echinacea cough drops and Alka-Seltzer cold medicine. Hopefully he'll take them. He said he and Erin might go to Tyler to visit my parents tomorrow. That would be so great because if they did, I could work Saturday. We still need to see my brother, SIL and Baby Eli to give them their Christmas gifts.

This time of year is so much fun because every time I turn around, I see something else that can be donated and gotten out of my house. At this rate, I'll be completely decluttered by spring. My mom and SIL are having a yard sale at mom's and I'm definitely going. I will probably still have a truckload of things to take.

Time for bed; I'm hoping to leave by 5:30 to get to work at 6:00 tomorrow, so I must get to sleep by 9. I'd better hurry!!
Old 01-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #41  

Melissa, you goof!
Old 01-02-2007, 10:26 PM   #42  

Who's Melissa?

Old 01-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #43  
focused and aiming

podna? is that youuuuuuuuuuu? seems i remember having a podna..........

melissa, it's wonderful to see you. i am glad you're finished with your course. i'm stingy and want you here.

kathy, are you leaving at 3:20?

rhonda, i don't use a stove much in the summer cuz it heats the house. i do a lot of electric skillet/toaster oven/griddle cooking. a lot of that i do on the back deck.

we're in from hot tubbing. it was so light out tonight we could see the mountains across the valley.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:37 AM   #44  

Good Morning All:

Another day, another chance to do even better!

I'm off to Pilates soon. There's been only one class over the holidays and we are all going to be very sore after this one, I'm sure.

Kathy, I'd love to chuck it all and move back. There's just that small matter of needing to work another two years. I applied for a teaching job in Ft. Worth and the fools didn't hire me. There are jobs in Denton but most people aren't hiring at the salary level I can command here. Most places are advertising for people at the beginning, not the end, of a career.

That means you all have two years to get to Toronto and have a visit here! It's a great city.

I'm off, back later! Have a great OP day.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #45  
Melissa

Thanks for missing me everyone. I guess I'm going to pick up from here, there's no way I can go back and catch up on everything.

I finally broke down and bought some barley. Now I need you all to tell me what to do with it!

Have a great day everyone! I'm trying to be a core-girl today!
Closed Thread