Recipe of the Day: Jalapeno Potato Salad

• Can't remember if I posted this one before or not. It sounds very interesting, and good for those of you who like food with zip.

Jalapeno Potato Salad

Recipe By : Taste of Home magazine
    Serving Size : 5

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    6 medium red potatoes -- peeled and cubed
    2 celery ribs -- chopped
    2 hard cooked eggs -- chopped
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    2 small jalapeno peppers -- seeded and chopped
    1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
    3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
    3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
    1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/4 teaspoon pepper

Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool to room temperature.

In a large serving bowl, combine potatoes, celery, eggs, onion, and jalapenos.

In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, hot pepper sauce, cumin and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Description:
    "Puts a zippy spin on potato salad - perfect for a picnic"
  • angela, this looks fabulous. i just printed it. thank you for sharing.
  • Angela,

I recently got Mastercook and this looks like a Mastercook recipe. Is there any way you could post the Mastercook version? Or send it to me?
  • The recipe actually came from Taste of Home magazine, but I put all my recipes into MasterCook. Your eye was good.

I have version 6.0, so it's kind of old. I'll see if I can export it in a Mastercook format and attach it to a message. Hang on...

Hmm, looks like 3FC won't let me attach anything but certain file types. Right now I have it exported in .mx2 format, which I think versions 5 and 6 of MasterCook can read. I can e-mail it to you if you want. I bet newer versions of MasterCook can still read it. PM (private message) me your e-mail address if that's what you want...

Angela