-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 pound ground turkey or extra lean ground beef
1 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup ketchup with a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce added
1 whole egg
2 tablespoons fat-free Italian salad dressing
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper

Combine all ingredients. Form into 6 patties and barbecue on grill or cook on the stove top in a skillet.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:18 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

This looks good, Angela. I just got my WW magazine yesterday and it has a terrific looking recipe for Core turkey burgers, which I'll be trying soon. It add FF ricotta to make them moist and give them a cheesey flavor.

Also, I did my experiment with the couscous in the meatloaf and it worked really good. No big pieces of oatmeal that I disliked so much. I still have to placeyith the recipe a little bit because I think I used too much couscous. I'll definitely try it again. Jim doesn't eat meatloaf....don't ask! Loves burgers, loves ground sirloin...won't touch meatloaf. He says you can hide stuff in it! Anyway, he looked at it and said, "It looks like meatloaf!" So it held its shape and tasted pretty good. The recipe I had didn't call for green pepper and celery. I'm going to add them next time and I'll share the recipe then if it works.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:17 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, do you regularly "hide stuff" in the food you cook for Jim?

My little DD is the same way. Will eat hamburgers all day long, but make it in a meatloaf form and put tomato sauce/ketchup/BBQ whatever topping on it, and she says no way!
Old 04-10-2005, 01:49 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

God, No! But when we first got married he wouldn't eat anything that was casserole like either because you can hide stuff in it. I've gotten him off of that through years of gaining his trust and "showing" him that he likes everything in it. Sometimes, even now, with new recipes, I have to make it for myself and he tastes it. Then if he wants some he can but if he doesn't, he'll get something else! Very funny from a soon to be 55 year old! Before me, no chili, no pizza casserole, no taco casserole. He doesn't eat any kind of mayo salads, no baked beans, etc. When we barbeque or go to barbecues, he fills up on meet and chips. It's amazing that he'll eat the Core stuff I make.

I just had leftover meatloaf cold for lunch and it was scrumptious!
Old 04-10-2005, 04:22 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

My previous husband would not eat anything that remotely resembled a casserole. No, no, NO! I learned that the hard way. I think it's because his mom was a nurse and worked second shift, so his dad did the cooking and only made casseroles when he was growing up.

My DH now would eat doorknobs and grass if I put it in a casserole dish and covered it with cheese.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:27 PM   #6  

Vickie, that's great that the couscous worked so well for you. Hey, a use for couscous! Just kidding. I like it all right, but I'd rather have barley any day.

So how much did you put in?

Angela
Old 04-10-2005, 06:43 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

1/3 cup in 1 pound ground sirloin. Also called for 2 eggs and 1/2 cup skim. I will use 1/4 each of onions, celery, and pepper next time too. Also will use more garlic. It stuck together great!
Closed Thread