3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling and Core Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-recipes-162/)
-   -   CORE Desserts (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-recipes/49333-core-desserts.html)

aghiowa 11-14-2004 07:46 PM

CORE Desserts

Here's where we can put desserts, fruit dishes, anything yummy!

aghiowa 11-14-2004 07:53 PM

This is my absolute favorite way to eat pumpkin and/or squash. Great for dessert, breakfast, whatever. Is basically pumpkin pie without the crust - try it for Thanksgiving!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pumpkin/Squash Custard

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 9 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cups pumpkin or squash -- cooked and pureed
2/3 cup Splenda (use a little more if you're using squash)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 whole eggs
9 ounces fat free evaporated milk

Mix pumpkin/squash, Splenda, and spices.

Add eggs and beat lightly.

Carefully stir in milk thoroughly.

Bake at 350 for 50 minutes in a greased casserole dish.

Vickie 11-30-2004 12:03 PM

I can not acknowledge the creator of this recipe since it was forwarded to me without identification. It was quite yummy and I can recommend it highly.

Lemon Meringue Cups

1 Small box sugar free lemon Jello
1 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar free/fat free lemon yogurt (count points)
3 packets of Splenda (I used 8 and thought it was still tart!)
1 Teaspoon lemon extract (I didn't use this and thought it was very lemony)

Dissolve Jello in the boiling water and let sit until it gets to room temperature. Before the Jello sets, stir in the Splenda and lemon extract. Fold in the yogurt and spoon into 4, 1/2 cup indidivudal servings. Cover and refrigerate. Tastes like the middle of a lemon meringue pie. Top with Fat Free Cool Whip.

You can make this with any flavor Jello and yogurt/extracts.

katymay 11-30-2004 07:14 PM

16 oz. ff cottage cheese
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 large box of sf ff chocolate pudding
Mix milk and cottage cheese then add pudding dry mix.
Measure 1/2 cup out and add 1/2 cup ff cool whip.
All core and one point for ff cool whip.
Hope you like this. I eat it for breakfast sometimes.

aghiowa 12-30-2004 04:10 PM

Fruit-Crusted Strawberry-Kiwi Banana Cream Pie

Core Recipe
Servings | 6
Preparation Time | 10 min
Cooking Time | 0 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy

The filling for this attractive pie is made thick with evaporated skim milk instead of regular skim milk. Present it to your guests whole and then serve it with a pretty pie slicer.

Ingredients

1 oz fat-free sugar-free instant banana pudding and pie filling mix
2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1 cups strawberries, thinly sliced
2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced

Instructions

Prepare pudding according to package directions but use fat-free evaporated milk instead of regular skim milk.

Cover bottom of a 9-inch glass pie plate with a layer of sliced strawberries.

Pour pudding on top of strawberries. Smooth pudding surface with a wooden spoon and garnish with remaining strawberries and with kiwi slices. Refrigerate pie for at least 2 hours. Slice into 6 pieces and serve

aghiowa 12-30-2004 04:10 PM

Banana Baked Oatmeal

2 cups oatmeal dry
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup skim milk
½ cup Egg Beaters
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cups Splenda
2 medium bananas, mashed
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients, then mix in wet ingredients.
Pour into a sprayed 8” square pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min.
Cut into 6 pieces.

aghiowa 12-30-2004 04:11 PM

I made this up last night because I was really wanting something sweet after dinner and plain fruit just wasn't cutting it. This really did it...the extra splenda really helps to kill the tangyness of the yogurt.

1/2c ff/sf plain yogurt
1/2 teas almond extract
2 packets splenda

aghiowa 12-30-2004 04:12 PM

If you like the flavor of Italian Rum Cake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normally I would take Stella Dora Biscotti!

You would dip one end in milk and place in a baking dish. If you want you can do this, and count the points.

BUT if you are looking for CORE snacks!

Take sf/ff choc. fudge pudding and add 1/4 tsp of rum extract. Blend and let firm.

fill dessert cup and top with ff/ whip or cool whip.

It take just like the filling in a rum cake.

If you are going for the big dessert?

Spread the pudding mixture over the biscotti and then mix a box of vanilla sf/ff and pour that on top of the choc. pudding. Let stand.

Before serving, spread ff/cool whip over the top and sprinkle with slivered almonds.

Someone ambitious can figure out the points. I don't think it will be too to bad...most ingredients are fat free and sugar free. If you can score a low fat biscotti, you are all set!

aghiowa 12-30-2004 04:13 PM

Oatmeal Core Muffins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These recipes are all over the internet, hope they are new for you.
I included the points if your are FLEX

Baked Oatmeal @ 2 points each serving or Core

2 cup uncooked oatmeal = 8 points
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp table salt
1 cup fat-free skim milk = 2 points
1/2 cup Egg Beaters = 2 points
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce = 1 point
1/4 cup Splenda ( I added more- 1/2C)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon ( I add more(at least 1T)or use apple pie spice)
Add banana or berries if you like,
my fellow WW girls add canned peaches!!

Preheat oven to 350* Combine wet ingredients and add dry ingredients.
Bake in sprayed 8" square pan for 35-45 minutes or in muffin tins for 20 minutes.
Keeps well in refrig. or freezer. It's good cold or warm.

aghiowa 12-30-2004 04:13 PM

To take the 'bite' out of fat free plain yogurt add 1 tabl. of powdered dry non fat milk per cup of yogurt.

Vanilla Yogurt

1 cup plain f/f yogurt
1 tabl. dry non fat milk powder
1/4 tsp. vanilla
Splenda to taste

Use for any fruit salad dressing.

Flavor your plain f/f yogurt with dry jello flavors, straw, lime, lemon etc. Use a little at a time to get the consistencey that you want.

Or use s/f Crystal Light or s/f Kool Aid.

Ann

aghiowa 12-30-2004 04:14 PM

Monkey Shake!!

I just made this and it really helps my sweet tooth!!!
*2 cups fat free milk
*1 ripe banana
*1 package (4-serving) JELL-O chocolate flavor sf ff instant pudding & pie
filling
*2 cups crushed ice

Mix all together into a blender on high speed for 15 seconds. Makes 4 servings.

I really like this!!!
~~~Melissa~~~

aghiowa 12-30-2004 04:15 PM

Breakfast Smoothie

1 c. plain, FF yogurt
1 c. frozen strawberries
1 frozen banana
1 can crushed pineapple, chilled

Put everything in a blender or smoothie maker. I added a little SF vanilla syrup. This makes a lot.

aghiowa 12-30-2004 04:16 PM

On the Core Support Board someone asked for my homemade chunky appleasauce recipe. I don't really have a "recipe" because my Mom was making homemade applesauce since I was a kid.

I use about 3 pounds Macintosh, Empire, or Jonathon apples peeled and cored. I usually don't cut them any smaller than how they come out cored. I place them in about a 3 quart pot with a cover and add about 3 tablespoons of cinnamon (this is to taste - sometimes I add alot more) and about a half cup splenda (sometimes the apples need more but I wait until it's done to add more). I also add about a 1/4 cup of water and then place under a small fire for about 15 minutes, covered. Then I stir it all up really good and turn the fire up a bit. This is the part where there is no recipe. You kinda have to watch them a bit. Sometimes apples cook faster, sometimes slower. Sometimes you have to add more splenda or water. Sometimes a 1/4 cup of water is too much by the end but you have to put it in the beginning or the apples will burn. It all depends how much juice the apples have. You'll see when you stir that the apples are starting to get mushy because they break up by themselves. I never use a masher because they cook enough for me. If there are any real big pieces left then I break them up with the spoon. When cooled, I put them in those little tupperware snack cups in the refrigerator. Then whenever I want fruit, I have a serving. We eat them with dinner (great with pork!) or sometimes I put a whole cup warmed up in my oatmeal. I recommend this highly. QVC has an apple peeler that is fabulous and cheap that I use all the time because it's quick too. Happy sauce!

aghiowa 12-30-2004 04:17 PM

I got this recipe at my WW meeting. Tried and it is delicious.

1-2-3 Pumpkin Pudding
1 can (15 oz) Libby pumpkin (not the pie mix)
2 boxes sugar-free, fat-free Jell-o instant vanilla pudding
3 cups skim milk
nutmeg, cinnamon, or pumpkin pie spice to taste.

Whip, mix, or user a blender to combine all ingredients. Either put entire batch in one bowl and chill or set up individual bowls and chill before serving.

Core (count 1 milk)

1/2 cup serving = 1 point on Flex Plan

Servings = approximately 8 to 10

Enjoy!

23daisys 01-10-2005 08:52 PM

This is an idea I found off another board and I tried it and it is yummy and filling.

Fat free sugar free pistachio pudding(prepared with fat free milk)
mixed with crushed pineapple.

YUM!

Vickie 01-12-2005 11:28 AM

Core Lemon Cheese Cake - Posted by Sara and Gert Knute

1 box sugar free lemon Jello
1 cup hot water
16 ounces FF cottage cheese
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
2 pkg. splenda or to your likeness. (I used 1/4 cup!)

Blend jello with water, then cheese, then rest of ingredients, (mix everything in food processor or with hand mixer). Pour into 9" pie pan and refrigerate. Put stewed peaches over the pie. FF Cool whip can also be added but will need to count points.

aghiowa 01-13-2005 07:23 PM

"milkshake" (ff milk mixed with some ff/sf pudding mix and splenda)

aghiowa 02-01-2005 09:57 PM

Apple Berry Mock-Cobbler
2 apples, cored and diced (leave skin on)
1 or 1 1/2 c. frozen blackberries or berry melange (no sugar added)
3/4 c. steel cut oats
1/2 c. water
2 tsp. sunflower oil (or other Core healthy oil)
cooking spray

Spray a 9x9 or 9x11 baking dish. Place apples in dish. Add frozen berries. Sprinkle oats evenly over fruit. Drizzle with oil. Add water. Cover and bake at 400 for 20 min. Uncover and stir well to moisten the oats and blend all juices. Re-cover and continue baking until desired texture. The oats will form a yummy thick mixture with the juices from the fruit.

Serve with FF Cool Whip or use that frother!

aghiowa 02-27-2005 08:09 AM

I made this rhubarb dessert too that tasted delicious from the spoon! I ran it through the recipe builder on the WW site and it only comes out to 1 point per serving if you divide the pie into 4 pieces! For any of you rhubarb lovers out there, here's the recipe if you want to try it! I found this recipe on lesleycooks.tripod.com.

Rhubarb Rumble
Points per serving: 1
Serves: 4

2 cups rhubarb
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 box SF strawberry jello
1 box FF/SF vanilla pudding
1/2 cup Fiber One cereal

Dice rhubarb and microwave in microwave safe bowl until soft and pureed, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir 1 box SF strawberry jello into rhubarb until completely dissolved and then chill. In separate bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups skim milk with 1 box FF/SF vanilla pudding. Use wire whip for 2 minutes and blend completely. Fold rhubarb mixture into pudding mixture and stir thoroughly. Slightly crush 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal and pour over bottom of pie plate to make a makeshift crust. Pour rhubarb/pudding mixture over the cereal and chill thoroughly. Add some Cool Whip if desired when served.

Deborah

brunellobabe 03-06-2005 05:55 PM

cannoli-less cannoli

When I want something creamy and sweet...

fat free ricotta
splenda
flavor of your choosing: extracts, pumpkin pie spice, etc.
yum!

aghiowa 03-07-2005 03:16 PM

Baked Apple and Pear Slices

POINTS® Value | 3
Servings | 2
Preparation Time | 12 min
Cooking Time | 45 min

Like sweet snacks? Then you’ll love these baked fruit slices made from sugary-sweet pears and crisp apples.

Ingredients
2 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
2 medium pear(s), Bosc, halved, cored
2 medium apple(s), Gala, Red Delicious or Granny Smith, halved, cored
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 cup McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA (R) No Calorie Sweetener, or 2 tbsp
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Using a very sharp knife, or slicing blade of a food processor, slice pears and apples into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
3. Mix together cinnamon and Splenda in a small bowl. Place fruit slices in a single layer on baking sheets and sprinkle with cinnamon mixture. Bake, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking, until crisp and lightly browned, about 30 to 45 minutes. Yields 1 sliced pear and apple per serving.

aghiowa 03-07-2005 03:17 PM

Spiced Baked Apples with Vanilla Sauce

POINTS® Value | 2
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 15 min
Cooking Time | 20 min

Dig your spoon into these sweet, juicy treats. Nothing beats them on a cold, blustery day.

Ingredients
4 medium apple(s), cored (use Granny Smith for tart flavor; use Gala for sweet flavor)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
12 tsp McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA (R) No Calorie Sweetener
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 oz fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
3/4 cup fat-free skim milk
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a vegetable peeler, peel a 1/2-inch horizontal strip around apples to help release juices during baking. Place apples in a 9 X 9-inch baking dish.
2. Combine cinnamon, ginger and Splenda in a small bowl. Place 1 tablespoon of cinnamon mixture in cored-out center of each apple, then sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture. Combine water and lemon juice in a cup. Pour liquid around apples.
3. Bake until apples are soft when pierced with a knife, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. Pour pudding mix into a medium bowl. Whisk in milk to make a fairly thin sauce. Place one apple on a plate and drizzle with sauce. Yields 1 apple and about a scant 1/2 cup of sauce per serving.

Vickie 03-09-2005 06:17 AM

New Age Candy Apple

Ok Guys, here's a recipe to appeal to the sweet (I mean REALLY sweet) tooths that many of you have. My Niece found this and made it for me. I thought it would be gross but it was delicious. Here's a great way to get a fruit in and satisfy your craving for junk!

1 Medium Granny Smith Apple, peeled and cored
1/4 teaspoon SF Cherry Flavored Jello
2 Tablespoons Diet Cherry Soda
2 Tablespoons FF Cool Whip

Slice apple crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices; Place a layer of apples in a small microwavable bowl; sprinkle with gelatin. Stack another layer if necessary, but make sure you get Jello over the top of each layer. I actually think we used more than 1/4 teaspoon of Jello. Niece is not big on precise measuring but 1/4 teaspoon is what the recipe said. Pour cola over slices.

Cover loosely with waxed paper. Microwave at high power for 2 minutes or until liquid is boiling. Allow to stand, covered for 5 minutes.

This recipe works great with any crisp apple. A Jonathan apple will give a tart flavor, a Corland apple will give a sweet, tart flavor and a Red Delicious apple will give a sweet flavor. Choose your favorite apple and enjoy.

This recipe was tested in an 1100 watt microwave oven

Vickie 03-13-2005 08:37 AM

Polenta Pudding with Blueberry Topping

1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup Splenda, divided
2 cups fat free milk
6 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
3/4 teaspoon lemon rind (we didn't use this)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine the blueberries and 1/4 cup Splenda in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover with wax paper; microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated and sugar dissolves, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes.

Combine 1/4 cup Splenda, milk, cornmeal, and lemon rind in a 2-quart glass measure; stir with a whisk.

Microwave at HIGH 7 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring every 2 minutes.
Stir in vanilla and salt. Serve with blueberry topping.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup pudding and about 3 tablespoons topping)

aghiowa 03-13-2005 11:17 AM

Cream of Wheat Pudding

Description:
"quick and easy, something sweet"

Serving Ideas : Can be served hot or cold, as a breakfast or dessert.

Serving Size : 1

1 cup skim milk
3 tablespoons cream of wheat -- 3 minute kind
1 whole egg
1 splash vanilla
1 tablespoon sugar substitute -- Splenda

Spray saucepan with cooking spray; add milk and heat till just about boiling.

Be careful, as it will burn and stick to the bottom of the pan.

Add cream of wheat and stir with a whisk for about 2 min.

In a separate small bowl, combine egg, vanilla and Splenda.

Add egg mixture to the cream of wheat and cook 1 min longer or till thickened to your liking, and long enough for the egg to cook.

aghiowa 03-18-2005 01:55 PM

Baked Coffee Custards

Description:
"Silky custard with a mild coffee flavor offers just the right finish
to a special meal."

NOTES : You can cover and chill the custards up to 4 hours before serving.

Serving Size : 4

4 whole eggs -- beaten
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1/4 cup Splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
1 tablespoon hot water

In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Dissolve coffee crystals in hot water. Add coffee mixture to egg mixture. Beat until combined but not foamy.

Place four 6-ounce custard cups in a 2-quart square baking dish on an oven rack. Pour egg mixture into custard cups. Pour boiling water into the baking dish around custard cups to a depth of 1 inch. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25-35 min or till a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean.

Remove custard cups from water. To serve warm, cool slightly on a wire rack. To serve chilled, cool completely in custard cups; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

To unmold custards, loosen edges with a knife, slipping its point in between the custard and cup to let in air. Invert a dessert plate over each custard; turn custard cup and plate over togther.

aghiowa 04-14-2005 08:51 AM

Rice Pudding

4 tbsp brown rice
2 1/2 cups ff milk ( you could use ff evaporated milk)
2 tbsp splenda
1 tsp cinnamon

Bake at 300c for 2-3 hours. Stir frequently only in the first hour.

I made this yesterday to make sure it would be ok with brown rice. My picky DH didn't notice the splenda or the brown rice. it didn't make as much as when I used white rice I may try 4 tbsp next time

Vickie 04-24-2005 08:49 AM

This came from the 3FC WW recipe site. I'll be making it soon as an alternative to my chocolate banana smoothie. I'll be using Swiss Miss SF/FF hot chocolate mix instead of the extract and cocoa.

Chocolate Covered Cherrie Smoothie
Yield 1 serving / 3 pts

1 cup skim milk
2/3 c frozen black cherries
1 tsp chocolate extract
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Whirl all in a blender. Enjoy!

Vickie 04-24-2005 09:58 AM

Here's another old 3FC WW recipe for Crustless Strawberry Pie!

24 ounces strawberries
1 2.1 oz package sugar-free cook and serve vanilla pudding
1 4 oz package sugar free strawberry flavored gelatin
2 cups water
fat free or light cool whip for garnish

1. Rinse and hull strawberries. Distribute evenly in a 10 inch pie pan.
2. In a medium saucepan combine pudding mix, jello, and water. Stir well and bring to a full boil. Pour mixture over strawberries and refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Top with whip cream and ENJOY!

aghiowa 04-26-2005 09:14 PM

Almost like Uncooked Homemade Core Banana Pudding

2 small boxes of sf/ff banana creme or vanilla pudding
4 cups skim milk
1 cup (crushed) Kashi Heart to Heart cereal
2 bananas

Mix first two ingredients as directed on pudding boxes. In a trifle bowl (regular bowl would work too), pour 1/2 of pudding, sprinkle crushed cereal, slice bananas on top of crushed cereal, pour remaining pudding on top. YUMMY!

In my bowl tonight, I added and stirred in a dollup of ff cool whip for 1 pt. SO GOOD!!! My leader said that she considers the Kashi Heart to Heart cereal as core because it has 5 g (or less) of sugar, and high fiber. I thought this was an awesome way to add some fiber to the pudding and at the same time taste like vanilla wafers.

Vickie 05-06-2005 09:24 AM

I haven't tried this one yet but I will be. It was sent to me by my Niece. I wonder if fresh strawberries could be used?

Creamy Strawberry Dessert

One 3 oz. pkg. sugar-free strawberry jello
One cup boiling water
One 10 oz. pkg. frozen unsweetened strawberries
Eight oz. unsweetened fat-free yogurt (I'd be tempted to use strawberry)
2-3 tbs. Splenda (depending on how sweet you want it)

Spray a 4 cup mold with non-stick cooking spray.

In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add the strawberries and stir until the strawberries thaw. Chill for 30 minutes or until thickened. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. Mix Splenda into yogurt and then fold yogurt into frothy mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared mold and chill for 1 1/2 hrs. or until firm.

CIN 05-15-2005 05:00 PM

Watergate Salad ( Core Recipe)

1 package sf ff pistachio pudding
1 can drained crushed pineapples
1 32 oz container Plain Nonfat yogurt

Mix well...............beautiful green dessert/salad.............welcomed by all!

Even counts toward a milk & a fruit!

Vickie 05-25-2005 05:13 PM

Ok...this is NOT a Core dessert but I'm sharing it because I made it for my birthday this year instead of a regular birthday cake. While not Core, it was a huge improvement over the points that I would have expended on cake (multiple pieces of cake!). This recipe is fabulous and even non-Weight Watchers love it. It stays in the refrigerator for up to a week. I make mine in a pyrex glass dish that has a snap on plastic cover.

Chocolate Eclair Icebox Dessert

22 1/2 sheets low-fat honey graham crackers (about 1 [14-ounce] box), divided
3 cups skim milk
2 (3.4-ounce) packages nonfat vanilla instant pudding mix
1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese
1 (8-ounce) tub frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping -- thawed
1/4 cup skim milk
2 Tbsp. stick margarine, softened
2 Tbsp. honey
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar

Arrange 7 1/2 graham cracker sheets in the bottom of a 13 × 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine 3 cups milk, pudding mix, and cream cheese in a large bowl, and beat at low speed of a mixer 1 minute or until thick. Fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the pudding mixture over graham crackers, and top with 7 1/2 graham cracker sheets. Repeat the procedure with the remaining half of pudding mixture and 7 1/2 graham cracker sheets. I press the top layer of crackers down into the pudding a little bit. Later when you are frosting the top, it will help the crackers not come up with the frosting. Combine 1/4 cup milk, softened margarine, honey, and unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl, and beat well with a mixer. Gradually add powdered sugar to milk mixture, and beat well. Spread chocolate glaze over graham crackers. Cover dessert and tent with foil; chill 4 hours. Serves 18

kaplods 05-26-2005 01:12 AM

Sno Cones!

I bought an electric shaved ice machine a couple years ago, and I loved making sno cones, but making sugar free syrup took a bit of fiddling. (One tub of crystal light or other drink mix and 2 cups of water works well).
Tonight I tried Rival sugar free sno cone syrup that I got at Walmart (still not as cheap as making your own, but really good, and now I can reuse the
bottle for my own mixes).

Vickie 05-28-2005 03:00 PM

Apple Almond Souffle

3 medium baking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into bite size pieces
1/4 cup water
3 Tablespoons Splenda
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
5 egg whites
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional and need to count points for Core)

In a 2 quart saucepan, combine the apples and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the apples are tender. Stir in the Splenda and almond extract. Remove from the heat and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Please a hot pad under the pot in the refrigerator.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. With a rubber spatula, gently fold into the cooled apple mixture. Spoon the mixture into a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the soufffle is puffed and browned. Sprinkle with the almonds before serving, if using. Serve warm. Makes 4 servings.

ontarget 06-01-2005 09:13 PM

i found this today on another website. it looks yummy!!

Cinnamon Peaches

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

5 pounds peaches -- pitted and peeled, sliced
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg -- ground
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon -- ground
1/8 teaspoon allspice -- ground
3 tablespoons DaVinci syrup of your choice (optional)
1/2 cup splenda

Place all ingredients into crockpot and cook on low 4-6 hours. Yummy warm
or cold. The peaches will hold their shape a bit so you get large pieces.

The syrups are not necessary, you can use vanilla or almond extract, about
a teaspoon or nothing at all. I like raspberry syrup with it.

You may need to increase or decrease the Splenda according to how sweet
the peaches already are.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 75 Calories; trace Fat (1.8%
calories from fat); 1g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; trace Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Fruit; 0 Fat.

Serving Ideas : I love to serve this warm with Cool Whip Free over it.

NOTES : This makes 10 servings that are at least 1/2 cup each (depending again on the size of the peaches and how much waste you have) and
if you are counting points, it is one point per serving.

ontarget 06-04-2005 03:52 PM

WARNING!!!!!! THIS IS NOT CORE BUT IS ONLY 2 PTS PER SERVING.

frozen peanut butter cups

8 oz. ff cool whip
1/2 cup peanut butter (i used extra crunchy)
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup

line muffin pans with liners. with spoon, mix cool whip and pb untill well combined. spoon even portions into muffin liners. top each with a swirl of chocolate syrup. freeze 6-8 hours until frozen. once solid, remove the pan and place into freezer bag or container.

servings--12
points per serving--2 pts

you can also use mini size foil cups and make 24 at 1 pt each. they don't re-freeze real hard and the chocolate never freezes. these kind of melt in your mouth.

when i eat these, i'd wag my tail if i were a puppy.

Vickie 06-11-2005 10:20 AM

This is from Barbos Diet Kitchen. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like it will help with a sweet tooth!

Pistachio Pineapple Lush

Core Version (artificially sweetened)
Yields 4 servings, 2 points

1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1/4 cup cold fat-free milk
1 box 4-serving (1 oz) Sugar Free & Fat Free Jell-O Instant Pistachio Pudding & Pie Filling
1 can (8-oz) crushed pineapple in juice

In medium bowl, mix milk and yogurt. Add pudding mix and pineapple and stir briskly for 2 minutes. Chill for at least 15 minutes.

Per serving, 105 calories, 0g fat, .5g fiber

ontarget 06-14-2005 09:01 PM

here's another of cybergranny's recipes:

WENDY'S FROSTY

1 cup skim milk
2 Tbsp ff cool whip
2 Tbsp sf/ff chocolate pudding mix
1/2 tsp vanilla
7-8 ice cubes
mix all together in blender

2 points

If you like strawberry shakes, try substituting the chocolate mix with cheesecake and use frozen unsweetened strawberries in the place of the ice.

Or pistachio pudding mix, with frozen unsweetened pineapple and 1 tsp of coconut extract (sort of like a pina colada)

ontarget 06-14-2005 09:20 PM

Core Fat Free Shake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

2 cups fat free milk
2 teaspoons sugar free fat free instant chocolate
pudding mix

Pour milk into a blender, or a deep measuring cup. Add the pudding mix and
blend. I use my Braun stick hand mixer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 184 Calories; 1g Fat (5.1% calories
from fat); 17g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 9mg
Cholesterol; 252mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Non-Fat Milk.

NOTES : 3.7 points