3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling and Core Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-recipes-162/)
-   -   CORE Desserts (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-recipes/49333-core-desserts.html)

ontarget 01-17-2007 11:25 PM

:listen: it took me all afternoon. :lol:

pishpesh 04-28-2007 07:47 AM

Riff on Core Oatmeal Cake

i recently made one of the oatmeal cakes, with a little enhancement that worked really well.

prepare one recipe of core oatmeal cake as follows:
core oatmeal cake

Baked Oatmeal Cake

Heat oven to 350.

2 cups oatmeal dry
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup skim milk
2 eggs or Eggbeater equivalent
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup sugar twin brown sugar (couldn't find yet so used plain Splenda
2 mashed bananas
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

Mike dry ingredients then mix in wet ingredients.

i actually used one cup oat bran and one cup oatmeal (because i didn't have enough oatmeal). i have also made this with 1/2 mashed avocado when i didn't have bananas - it gives the moistness and doesn't come through in taste.

now for the riff -
cover the bottom of an 8"x8" cake pan with frozen berries. sprinkle splenda over the berries, then sprinkle 1/2 cup of steel cut oats. pour the cake batter into the pan. top with an additional sprinking of steel cut oats if desired.

bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 until a knife comes out clean.

The berries and oats on the bottom form a lovely sweet under crust. the steel cut oats on top add a crunchy topping which is lovely.

ontarget 05-15-2007 08:37 PM

soundds good, pishpesh. i'll print this out.

hey, chickies. here's a core recipe i got off bcb yesterday. i made it and curtis and i love it!!!!

CORE CROCKPOT CARROT CAKE
(they say serves 12 but i cut ours into 8 pieces so we could each have 1 per day to get in our 2 servings oo.)

2 eggs
1/2 c brown sugar twin (i used 1/2 c splenda brown sugar=480 calories, 0 fat, 0 fiber--or 10 pts)
1/3 c olive oil
1 & 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 c grated carrots
1 can (14 oz) crushed pineapple--drained
1 teaspoon vanilla

beat together eggs, sugar substitute and oil. combine oats, soda, salt, and cinnamon; add to sweetner mixture and beat well. stir in carrots, pineapple, and vanilla.

place in sprayed crock pot.
cover and bake on high for 2 & 1/2 to 4 hours. (i baked mine about 3 hours and it was done.)

this is awesome and worth the pts. i hope some of you try it. thank you to the poster at bcb for sharing this.

blessedwithsarah 05-16-2007 09:28 AM

Not sure where I originally found this, but I've made some tweeks and its really good for breakfast or a snack.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Snack bread Core

3 cups oatmeal
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
2tsp. Ground Ginger
½ tsp. Ground Cloves
4 tbsp. cornmeal
1 cup Splenda (to taste)
4 tablespoons hot tap water
1-cup pumpkin pureed
1/2-cup Eggbeaters or 2 egg
2-teaspoon vanilla extract
*1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1-cup skim milk
Preheat oven to 350F. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Pour into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish sprayed with Pam. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until inserted toothpick is clean. Very Moist!

Extra add-ins – count points Raisins or any dried fruit.

ontarget 06-02-2007 07:37 PM

paula, i've made the pumpkin snack cake several times now. we love it. i did worry that i wouldn't lose cuz of eating it, but i did.

okay, here's what i made this pm.

core cookies!!!!

1/2 cup cream of wheat
1/4 cup ff milk
1/2 cup granular splenda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup (maybe a little more) core homemade granola (this gave the cookies crunch.

i stirred all together and baked on sprayed sheet @ 375* for 12 minutes. curtis liked them. the grands liked them. i loved them. it made about 8 or so cookies.

i don't know if you noticed or not but this recipe is made from a core pancake recipe with just the granola and extra splenda added. i got that recipe off the net.

ontarget 06-07-2007 10:13 PM

i posted a question over at bcb and at dottis asking for core frosting recipes. here's what i got: (they look good)

Whipped ricotta flavored with extracts and Splenda makes a good frosting.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this one but you would need to count the point for the FF cool whip. I have not tried this myself.

Easy Fridge Frosting

1 pkg of ff/sf pudding of choice
1 cup of skim milk
1/2 container of ff cool whip

Mix accordingly and use to frost cake.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a couple of ideas:

I like a little cinnamon and sweetner (DV) in yogurt. Greek yogurt would make it thicker, but regular yogurt works just fine too. I always added it when serving, as I suspect it might make the desserts soggy.

The SF pancake syrup (I love Ms. Butterworth's the best) can be a good addition on some items. While it's not Core, it's very low point. I basted some fish with it and baked the fish. The whole family loved it.
------------------------------------------------------------------

i really appreciate the ladies giving me these ideas. i'm going to try the ricotta cheese one first. i have already made the one with the cool whip. it's good.

msdiane 02-01-2008 06:12 PM

This sounds delicious. How much of the ingredints did you use??
Large or small pudding? Milk? and did you drain the pinapple...sorry to be a pain but I would like to try this..diane

ontarget 02-01-2008 07:03 PM

Diane, are you talking about the carrot cake? If so, drain the pineapple.

Use the small pkg cool whip for the frosting. The amount of milk is listed in the recipe. I'm not sure if you're asking about the frosting or a different recipe.

I hope you like these desserts.

msdiane 02-03-2008 09:13 AM

Sorry for the confusion. All the recipe called for is yogurt, pistachio pudding mix and pinapple..It sounded so good..

twestra 04-12-2008 09:30 PM

Crustless Cheesecake

16 oz. fat free sour cream
1 sm. box Vanilla fat free, sugar free pudding
Fruit of Choice

Mix for 2 minutes
4 servings (5 pts. ea. for flex)

twestra 04-12-2008 09:36 PM

Mini Core Fruit tarts

The tart cups...

Non stick cooking spray
2 cups quick oats
2 cups water
1/4 cup sweetener of equivalent.

-Mix oats, water, and sweetener.
-Microwave for 1 min.
-Spray a 12 cup muffin pan.
-Divided batter up between the 12 cups
-have a bowl of water handy to dip fingers in [aides in not sticking]
-Spread the mixture up the sides, and bottom evenly
- Bake at 400 for 15 mins
- Remove and allow to cool.

Make Core Pudding (see below) with Raspberry extract instead of vanilla. (chocolate can still be used if you like chocolate raspberry mixture)

When cups are cooled fill 3/4 of the way with pudding. Top with frozen or fresh raspberries, or mixed berries.

You can also fill with a fresh fruit mixture or sf ff cheesecake pudding for mini cheesecakes.

Core Pudding [make it any flavor]

1 Tbls Corn Starch
[i know it is not Core, but it is 0.5 points divided by 4, I do not count it]
1/2 cup Granulated Splenda
1 egg
* If Chocolate pudding add 4 Tbls Unsweetened Cocoa as well as 2 Tbls splenda
1 Cup Instant milk powder
2 Cups Water
2 tsp vanilla extract, or other flavoring

Stir cornstarch, cocoa if used, milk powder and sugar together
in a saucepan. Add egg and combine throughly. Add a little of
the water, about 1/2 a cup, and mix throughly. Put over low heat,
mixing constantly. Slowly add the remaining water, and continuing to stir.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened
and bubbly. If pudding has lumps, beat a few moments
with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Cool or serve warm.
This pudding does thicken considerably after cooling.

I got this recipe from DWLZ

twestra 04-12-2008 09:41 PM

Blushing Apples

I haven't tried this yet but it sounds pretty good.

2- 4 oz. boxes sf strawberry Jello
1/4 tsp cinnamon
4 C water
4 medium apples

Combine dry Jello and cinnamon in saucepan.
Add water and bring to a boil.
Stir until Jello is completely dissolved.
Peel and core apples and add to Jello mixture in pan.
Reduce heat to med. and partially cover.
Simmer 10-15 min. until apples are tender, turning the apple every 5 min.
Remove apples and serve warm or cold.

twestra 04-30-2008 01:48 PM

No Bake Fiber One Cookies

No Bake Fiber One Cookies

½ cup peanut butter
½ cup chocolate chips (sometimes I substitute the chocolate caramel chips)
2 heaping cups Fiber One cereal (the kind that looks like twigs)

Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Make sure not to burn. I put them in for 30 seconds, stir, put them in another 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until melted.
Add peanut butter to melted chocolate and blend.
Add fiber one cereal to the mixture.
Place wax paper on cookie sheet. (These will have to go in the freezer on cookie sheet until frozen)
Put spoon fulls on pan to make 36 cookies. Once frozen, take off pan and place in ziplock baggie and put back in the freezer. If left out, they will get melty. They are delicious and only 1 point per cookie.

You can also ½ the batch to make 18 cookies. I usually try to keep these on hand in case I get a chocolate fix.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...J1K/weight.png

http://img801.mytextgraphics.com/spa...5308f0c682.gif

ontarget 04-30-2008 04:27 PM

Tracie, these are wonderful. I made and entered them in the Western Montana Fair and won first place. (And they were entered against non-WW chocolates.)

RolyPolyPolly 04-30-2008 04:44 PM

Just curious...

Wow! Tracie- They sound great. Can't wait to try them.

I'm curious about sugar-free choc. chips. Does anyone have any experience with them? I looked at my local store last night and they don't carry them. I was going to order some online, but wanted someone's opinion on them, first.

Thanks!