Cheesy Potatoes

• Cheesy Potatoes from LA Chef

Ingredients:

4 oz light Velveeta® cheese, cubed
    1 cup evaporated skim milk
    1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup, reduced-fat, reduced-sodium
    1 cup light sour cream
    Garlic powder, to taste
    Black pepper, to taste
    ¼ cup light butter, melted
    1 bag (2 lb) frozen hash browned potatoes
    1 cup sliced onions
    1 tbsp light butter

Preparation:

Melt 1 tbsp light butter in a skillet over medium-high flame. Add onions and sauté until a deep golden brown.
    Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonfat cooking spray. Combine all ingredients (except onions) in a bowl and stir to combine. Pour into baking dish and top with onions.
    Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour, uncovered.

Makes: 8 servings
    Serving size: 1/8 recipe
    LA Exchange: 1 Starch, ½ Dairy, 1 Fat
  • YIKES! Your where I want to be and am not. I gave lawl alot of money,lost 7lbs.and stalled,then they pretty much gave up on me. I'm happy for you, I would have liked it to work for me as well. I didn't like the bars,and they kept telling me I had to eat them...(more money etc.) After I dropped out,just stopped going actually..I threw away about 4boxes. Huge loss of money,not weight. I have no idea really why it didn't work for me I followed the instructions very closely. Sad for me,but Glad for you.
  • Hi Choices.

I hope you'll give the plan another shot. There are lots of people who have had success without using the bars and without visiting a center. My center actually closed in January, so I've been "on my own". Not really though...the people here on 3FC are a great source of support and inspiration. Whatever you choose to do, I wish you all the best.
  • I cannot find Light velveeta cheese anywhere! Anyone know anything that could be used as a substitute?
  • I honestly never got around to trying this recipe, but I think I'm going to make this for New Years. I'm guessing 4oz. of any light processed cheese would do.
  • make this all the time. I use the cubed (southern style) hash browns