Old 08-11-2010, 03:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Chili-spiked Sweet Potato Fries

I found this recipe on www.thekitchn.com and made it tonight. REALLY good!!!

Chili-Spiked Sweet Potato Fries

1 sweet potato per person, preferably ones that are shaped long and skinny
1 Tablespoon olive oil
kosher salt
chili powder

Preheat the oven to 400°. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick coating or line it with aluminum foil.

Slice the sweet potatoes approximately 1/8-inch thick. Thinner than this and you end up with brittle chips (also good!), and thicker fries tend to get mushy. We used a mandolin, but a sharp knife works just as well.

Pat the coins dry with a clean kitchen towel and then toss them with the olive oil in a small bowl. Arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet and sprinkle them with salt and chili powder.

Bake for 10 minutes and then flip the fries over. Sprinkle the other side with salt and chili, and continue baking for 5 - 10 minutes until the centers are tender and the edges are slightly crispy. Let the fries cool for 5 minutes on the tray to let them firm up a bit.

Serve while still warm with ketchup or other favorite dipping sauce.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I didn't use ketchup...I used this sauce (recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen).

Spicy Dipping Sauce with Sriracha Sauce for Sweet Potato Fries or Roasted Vegetables
(Makes just over 1/2 cup dipping sauce, enough for a big cookie sheet of sweet potato fries. Recipe created by Kalyn with inspiration from Spicy Mexican Slaw.

1/4 cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
1/4 cup mayo (I used regular mayo, but next time I would probably use light mayo)
Sriracha sauce to taste (about 1/2 - 1 tsp.)
2 T fresh-squeezed lime juice

Whisk together sour cream and mayo, stirring until there are no lumps. Then add Sriracha sauce, starting with a small amount, stirring to combine, and tasting until it is as spicy as you'd like it. I used about 1/2 tsp. but if you like spicy foods you'll probably want a bit more.

When the sauce is as spicy as you'd like, add the fresh-squeezed lime juice and whisk in until the mixture is smooth. Serve dipping sauce with sweet potatoes fries. I think this would also be good with other roasted vegetables, especially Roasted Cauliflower or Roasted Broccoli.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote