Old 11-04-2004, 02:49 PM   #1  
i luv my dog!

Default Overnight Slaw

Credit for this recipe goes to Anchor Weight. This was posted in a daily thread and I didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle!!

He lists this as a Phase I recipe! I thought it was Phase 2! It really kills the sweet tooth.

OVERNIGHT SLAW

1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar substitute (I used the granular splenda)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon garlic salt (I used garlic powder)
1 small head cabbage shredded
3 ribs celery chopped
1/2 green bell pepper chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1/4 cup sliced radishes

In a large bowl whisk together the sugar substitute, lemon juice vinegar celery salt and garlic salt. Add the cabbage, green pepper and chives and toss lightly. Cover and refridgerate overnight. Add the radishes immediately before serving.

Makes 4 servings

Per serving - 106 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 4 g protein, 25 carbohydrates, 5 g dietary fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium.

I used the cheater cole slaw that comes already sliced up and you buy it in the grocery store in a bag. I just put it in a bowl and poured the juice/sugar/vinegar mixture over the top. Let it set overnight. It was super! I used 1/2 of a cup of splenda but next time will try the 1/4 cup because it was very sweet. It really took care of the sweet tooth!
Old 11-04-2004, 04:58 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks so much for posting this in Recipes. I had tracking it down on my To Do List!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:00 PM   #3  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, I was watching Paula Dean on the Food Network today.....and she was making a Summertime Coleslaw. My mouth was truely watering at the site of the dish....since I love love love coleslaw. So happy you posted this. Thanks a bunch! :0

~Tracy
Country Charm is offline   Reply With Quote