Herbed Ricotta with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

• I had ricotta and cherry tomatoes and tried this last week. It was pretty yummy. Served on its own or with veggies for scooping, it's Phase I. We had it with toasted pita wedges, making it Phase II.

HERBED RICOTTA with
    ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES
    An easy summer appetizer
    Hands-on time: 15 minutes
    Time to table: 60 minutes
    Serves 4

* 1 pound cherry tomatoes, preferably some red, some yellow
    * 1 tablespoon olive oil
    * 3 garlic cloves, smashed
    * 1 bay leaf, torn in half
    * Salt & pepper

* 1 cup homemade ricotta (or commercial ricotta)
    * 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
    * 1 teaspoon fresh thyme

* Additional chopped herbs
    * Good bread for schmearing, sliced and toasted

Set oven to 325F. In a bowl, stir together tomatoes, oil, garlic, bay leaf and salt and pepper, until tomatoes are evenly coated with oil. (For a low-fat version, omit the tablespoon of oil but mist the tomatoes with olive oil.) Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and into the oven (there’s no need to wait for it to finish preheating). Stirring once or twice, roast tomatoes for 45 minutes or until they are just starting to pop but still firm. Discard bay leaf and garlic.

Meanwhile, combine ricotta and herbs until smooth and mound on a serving dish. Top with hot tomatoes, garnish with additional fresh herbs, serve while warm and enjoy!

NUTRITION ESTIMATE Per Serving (not including bread): 159 Cal (64% from Fat); 12g Tot Fat; 6g Sat Fat; 7g Carb; 1g Fiber; 52mg Sodium; 31mg Cholesterol; Weight Watchers 4 points
  • Sounds delicious! I will have to try it. Thanks for sharing!