Old 07-18-2010, 05:41 PM   #1  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Default Easy Roasted Yellow Squash with Onions

I'm making this tonight. From http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2009/08...ow-squash.html

about 2 small to medium yellow summer squash per person
1/2 small onion per person
freshly ground black pepper
salt

Preheat oven to 425F.

Lightly spray a baking sheet with canola or olive oil. Trim the ends of the squash, cut off the slender necks, and slice the necks in half, lengthwise. Then slice each squash into lengthwise slices, about 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick. Lay the slices on the cooking sheet in a single layer.

Trim the ends of the onion and peel it. Cut it in half down through the top and place each half cut-side down on a cutting board. Slice into thin wedges. Separate the layers of the onions and sprinkle them over the squash.

I'm modifying the recipe slightly by using a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil on the squash and onions instead of spray. And will use garlic salt and pepper.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

FatFreeVegan is my all time favorite recipe site. Let us know how this is, it sounds yummy. I just tossed some baby eggplants on the grill.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #3  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

It has great recipes! Ohh those eggplants sound sooo good. Just got done eating dinner, and the squash was DELICIOUS!! I highly recommend.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote