Mock Macaroni

• 1 large head Califlower, I cut into large peieces...
    Steam until crisp tender. Drain and slice into bite size pieces. Put into 9x9 baking dish.

In bowl mix together: 2/3 to 1 cup non fat milk (I used non fat half and half.)(
    2 eggs
    1 T. dried onions
    1/2 cup grated cheese
    salt, pepper

Mix well and pour over Califlower. Add more cheese on top. cover and bake...I used the microwave about 8 - 10 minutes...Let set abit and serve...Yum Yum...

Serves 6
  • Thanks, Lubajo, for posting this right away. I think I'm going to make this to go with our supper tonight. I'm really, really craving some comfort food right now, and this looks like it'll fit the bill nicely. I'll let you know how we like it. Thanks again!
  • Yum! I made this last night, and it was very tasty. I didn't think it tasted similar to good old fashioned macaroni & cheese, but still, it was very good and I'll definitely be making it often.
  • If you bake this in the oven how long should you leave it and on what temp.? I am thinking of making it tonight.
  • I think a half hour at 350º would do it - then maybe a couple of minutes more under the broiler to brown the cheese.
  • Yummy!
    I made this about an hour ago and just finished eating. WONDERFUL! Thanks for the recipe!

I did omit the onion as I didn't have any, still great.
  • I've been going CRAZY craving mac & cheese! Hopefully this will help squash that for a while. Thanks!!!
  • Sounds good and easy, best of all it's healthy.
  • Yum I gotta make this!
  • Thanks for dredging this out of the archives! I'm no longer following SBD, but some habits die hard.