Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-16-2004, 09:55 PM   #1  
Abby's Mommy

Default What is Curves??

Hello All! I havnt posted on this thread before....Im usually at the 100# Club or WW threads. Any hoo, Ive seen the commercials, and Ive read some of your posts here about Curves, but its isnt really clear to me. Is Curves just a gym, or do they have a nutritional plan? I was curious sice so many of you have had such a good experience there. Thanks for any info! Amy Jo
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:45 AM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Curves is an all women gym... It is like circuit training with hydrolic machines done in 30 second intervals with "recovery stations" in between each machine...30 seconds on a machine, 30 seconds jogging in place or whatever you feel like on the recovery station...for a 30 minute workout. It is a great place, I love going there! They do have nutrional supplements and protein shakes and even a diet plan you can follow if you choose...it is all outlined in the member guide... Right now my Curves is running a "Curves 6 week Challenge" which my sister is doing... She has lost 5 lbs in just about 1.5 weeks... I hope this helps! Have a great day!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:53 PM   #3  
Abby's Mommy

Thanks for the info Jenn, I really appreciate it! I think I'll stop and check it out the next time im in town. Thanks again! Amy Jo
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:18 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Not a problem Amy! When you go in, it may be to your advantage to ask if they have any enrollment specials coming up... Often times when a new gym opens they waive the enrollment fee for a month so if you sign up there and transfer your membership to the one nearest you, you can save $149.00...Also some of the gyms just run specials every so often, like half off the enrollment fee or a food drive where if you bring a bag of non-parishable food they will waive the fee altogether! (This is what I did, being 22 with just an admin job it helps if you can save $149!)

Best of luck to you!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 01:56 AM   #5  
Vegan in Training

I'm going to Curves tomorrow and would like to know what to expect pricewise. What is the start-up fee and how are the month-to-month memberships?
Mina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 01:23 PM   #6  

I go to curves and mine does not have a diet plan. They told us if we wanted to go to the diet class we'd have to go to another location. I really like it there although I'm starting to feel like I'm outgrowing the workouts.

Also I had an injury at curves andI felt the people working at my location didn't really help you with your workouts and just sat in the front by the door.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote