Trying hard and need support

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everybody,

I agree with sunny girl - we should meet here to support each other. I'm 24 and I am 180 pounds. I've lost 20 pounds over the last 2 years, and I've kept it off and that's been great, but I'm still not THERE. According to the guidelines, I need to lose at least another 20. Anybody in the same boat and want to support each other?

I love to exercise, but it's so hard to find the time. I'm going to university and working at the same time, and I end up eating out a lot, and it's not healthy food.

Watch for my postings here almost every day as I commit to giving this my best shot. I've done it before, and I can do it again. The chocolate bars aren't going anywhere, so I can live without them for the next little while.

Share your stories here too. I think journals help SOOO much, and I'd love to share ideas and motivation. Talk to you soon,

K
  • hi kell
    Hi Kell how are you? I am also 24, and the past year and a half I lost 25 pounds. (I'm 5'7" and currently 173) i want and need to get to at least 150, 140 if I can make it that far. It seems like I have a long way to go, and I'm getting impatient. I've been stuck at this plateau for a month or so now. I would be so happy if I could buy a size 10 (i'm a 14 now) okay well i'll stop rambling, hope to hear from you soon.
    --Jeannine
  • great weekend!
    Hi everybody! Thanks for your reply Jeannine. I'm 5'8", and currently 180 lbs., and I'm also trying to make 150lbs. We can do this all together.

I just went to the gym, where I focused on cardio It felt great! I've been told that cardio will burn fat, and speed up my metabolism. I did a bit of weights just for good measure too!!I was on the bike for 30minutes!!!

This is our thanksgiving weekend in Canada,so I'm bracing myself for pumpkin pie and yummy food. But, I have a date with that exercise bike again on Monday.

Keep replying and I will too, and we'll make it for sure

Kelley
  • Hi eveyone
    Hi,

I don't know if I should post or reply to Kelly's, so if anyone knows the proper procedure please inform me.

I want to lose 20 pounds by Christmas,,is this possible? and can anyone give me any program suggestions? At this moment I'm not doing anything. I've worried about my weight so much, that I hate the thought of starting a program. But I feel if I could get started and see some results, I would stick with it.

I think the journal is a good idea. But I've never kept one.
    So can you guys give me some suggestions. Is the Atkins diet a good idea? I love carbo's, they are my weakness. I don't eat many veggies or meat.

Deborah
  • Program for us Deborah
    Hey Deborah!
    Eating healthy I think is the best way, with a balanced diet, low fat, lots of water and exercise. I found increasing my protein and decreasing my carbs helped, and I felt more full after a meal. It also gave me lots of energy to exercise.

We can totally lose this weight. I think 20 pounds by Christmas is a little drastic, but you go girl - as long as you're healthy about it. My goal is 10 pounds by Christmas. I think we can do it.

You know, if you want a buddy, email me again at [email protected]. I'm trying to cut down on email, which is why I asked you to post here. But now, I think this is a big priority for me, and I'm comfortable with it if you are.

Talk to you soon!
    Kelley
  • I'm tired already...
    I got up yesterday morning and went jogging/walking at 5:30!! I was gone for about 30 minutes and did 10 mins of warmup before I left. I had wanted to do that again this morning, but had a small case of insomnia and have been up since 3:00. So I was a little to tired. I'm going to take a thirty minute walk in the park on my lunch break instead.. I'm going to try to do 30 mins. of activity every day this week and then maybe in 1 to 2 weeks work up to 45 mins. I'm going to dig out my weight bench this weekend and start incoporating some strength training into my program. I managed 30 crunches yesterday. Should I do them everyday or take a break in between?

Eating will be the tough one. I managed to get by with eating just a Jr. bacon cheeseburger and a small bowl of chili, all day yesterday. I know that's not healthy. To day so far I've had a very thin PB&J sandwich. It's only 9;30 and I'm starving. It seems like one day I won't be hungry all day long and then the next I'll be eating everything in sight. Another thing is that I'm an emotional eater and yesterday I was in a very good mood. But today there's a man on my mind and I'm a little depressed about the situation, so I'm craving a steak and some potatoes..

Writing this reply has helped though on the emotional level. I'm trying to drink lots of water and hopefully that will help the cravings. Thanks for listening everyone. I think if ya'll will put up iwth me till New Years I can attain my goal this time..

Deborah
  • hi!
    Hi all! Shauna here! I'm 22 y.o., 5'9.5", 173 lbs., and trying to get down to 150 lbs. I know I can do it! I got down to 156 last winter. I had started at 181 lbs. in July 2000 and by Christmas I was at 156. I've slowly gained it back, but I believe that it's due to lack of exercise since I graduated college, started working (software engineer) and got married. I've gotta get back to drinking water, eating healthy, and exercising. I love to walk, but finding the time is what's dragging me down. I guess I've just gotta do it, right?

Anyway, I'm here to help support y'all if you'll help support me! Keep posting!

Shauna
  • Hi!

I'm new here and I need some support. I just joined Weight Watchers and it's going ok, but I'm having a really hard time with the exercise. I'm at 198 now and I want to get down to 148. I'd also like to lose 20 by Xmas, but I don't know if it's possible.

It's great to see everyone supporting each other! Does anyone have any suggestions for cheap/free exercise that's not too strenuous to start? I'm really out of shape. The weather's been bad, or I'd be walking.

Thanks!

Jennie
  • cheap workouts
    Hi,,

What I like to do when the weather is bad, is just turn on the radio and dance. It's free, you can move at your own pace, and when your having fun 30 or 45 minutes pass by rather quickly.

That's what I had planned to do last night, but was so tired that I just crashed on the couch and fell asleep. I'm not a big fan of workout videos, maybe I just haven't found the right one for me yet, but I hate to do them. But I love to dance, and in the mountains of Virginia, where I live there is a dance called flat footing that you do to bluegrass music. I've been trying to learn it and it really gets your heart rate up.

Deborah
  • Hi all, thought I'd throw my introductions in as well. I'm ** glug ** very close to being 26, talk about total midlife crisis I've been following the weight watchers plan since March and have lost a total of 55 pounds. This morning's weight in was 151, I have give or take 10 more pounds to reach my goal weight and then I'll see how it goes from there. I can definatly say these last 15 have been the hardest, I cruised right along through the first 50 and thought this was not such a big deal. . then I hit the 50lbs loss mark and thought I couldn't lose anymore. Its slowly started coming off again and I'll be thrilled if I can hit goal by Christmas.

Nice to meet all of you
  • hi
    hi wenwella, your name sounds familiar, we've probably met on another thread. i haven't checked in for awhile, and my diet has been so-so. But I am so impressed, Wenwella, with the weight that you have lost already. Dropping over 50 pounds and keeping it off is not an easy accomplishment, and I applaud you. Did you say you were on ww? I've seen so much success with people who are on that program, its really amazing. I think I am still at 170 (was 200 goal 150) and stuck at this weight for awhile now. It really sucks, I wish it would happen faster. oh well. Well thanks for the inspiration and talk to ya later!
    --Jeannine
  • Cravings!!!
    Help, I'm craving KFC and it won't go away..I had to work a health fair the other night and stopped in at KFC on the way to grab supper and now I'm craving it constantly and I can't stop....

Has anyone out there got a good alternative recipe for fixing chicken breasts that will appease the beast inside of my stomach?

I'm trying to watch what I eat more carefully, without mapping out a "diet". I'm not good with rules and restrictions. I'm having a time with my blood sugar at the moment and I wonder what I could eat to keep it more level. I'm not diabetic, but if I miss a meal sometimes, I tend to pass out. Which is really embarrassing, not to mention,dangerous.. I wonder if eating more protein will help. If I could my diet would consist of rice, pasta, and potatoes and that's my problem.

I haven't had time to workout this weekend but I've been very active, so hopefully that will even out. I'm going to try to do a real workout everyday this week, and get out the weigth bench and work on that a little. I love to weight train and my body responds quickly, so I really need to get back into that to boost me up.

I'm sorry I've talked your ears off. Thank you all for listening, it really helps to know I've got someone to talk to..

If anyone needs anyone to talk to they can e-mail me at [email protected]

Deborah
  • i pigged out
    Hi ladies,

Well, I pigged out all weekend. I kept thinking, " I shouldn't be eating this" but then I'd eat it anyway. On Friday night we had pizza from Pizza Hut, and it was about 11:00 or so when we ate it. Then, on Saturday, I made a blackberry pie for my hubby. We had leftover pizza for lunch and then we had hamburgers and fries for dinner (from home, not fastfood). Yesterday morning I made pumpkin cookies and decided to bring a bunch of them to work so the people here could enjoy them, but we had a big dinner and homemade bread with it. I could just feel my jeans getting tighter and tighter. I'm tired of it. I'm back up to 175 now, and I can't stand it. I've gotta quit eating all that junk and start eating right, drinking more water, and exercising. I've planned to do some type of exercise when I get home. I believe that I'm going to do an exercise video since the weather is pretty crappy right now in Southwest Ohio. I'm drinking water now. I want to get some hot tea, but I know I need the water. My body is telling me water, but temptation is saying hot tea. I'm going to stick with the water.

As for the craving for KFC, I'm not quite sure what to say because I've never had a craving for that so I don't know how to satisfy that. Just keep drinking water and hopefully it'll go away. Sorry I don't know anymore than that.

Well, I'm at work, so I better get busy with stuff here. Have a great day!

Shauna
  • Hi all, I had a good weekend on program. Granted I worked nights all weekend and I always do well cause temptation is at a minimum. which is a good thing.

Jaedee, thanks for the welcome. . .motivation is the only thing I have going for me most days, without it this wouldn't be possible. The ww plan is very easy to follow, luckily I had a friend on the actual program who gave me the information and I haven't actually had to join. . . . I don't think I could have done the whole going to meetings things ect. . I'm just not into that.

Believe me though, its so easy to keep the movitation when you are seeing results. . the eating motivation is easy, the exercise is where I have a problem, and I truely believe its the combination of the two that is the key. Keep up the good work, you'll break the plateau. . .something that works for me sometimes when I plateau is look at what I'm eating and change it around a little bit, don't know what kind of diet you are doing, but I'll decrease my carbs and increase my protein for a few days, which usually kickstarts things again.
  • i finally did it
    I finally did it! Last night I went home and actually exercised. I did TaeBo and then later on I did some crunches, arms & leg work. I am so proud of myself. I've already had a quart of water this morning and I'm currently working on my second one. I am going to go home and do TaeBo again tonight. I can't wait!

Shauna