I think I just shot my metabolism...

• Why do I think this? I changed my breffix this morning because I was hungrier than usual, it's 12:45 PM and I'm still not hungry for lunch. I ate at 7 AM. Usually for breffix, I'll have 1 apple and 1 cup of skim milk. I'm not very hungry in the morning because I eat 10 mins or so after I come back from my walk and I heard that exercise dampens hunger (immediately after). I'm good and hungry 11:30 - 11:45 for lunch. Then I eat when I get home (around 3:30 - 4:00). I tend to eat the most when I get home. Something about the evening time and being relaxed I guess does it to me. Anyhoo. This morning, I was feeling a little ravenous and I decided to have 2 eggs with 2 slices of whole wheat whole grain bread. That's all - no milk (was running late).

Since I haven't eaten since 7 AM and I'm really not feeling any hunger pangs right now (12:45 PM), does that mean I've ruined my metabolism? Or am I totally off base here?
  • I would say not, I usually find if I have a higher protein breakfast (in this case eggs is higher protein for my breakfasts) I stay fuller longer. The metabolism is on thing I don't fully understand - but I would say with confidence that one meal can't ruin it.

-Aimee
  • I just read this article earlier in the week. Combine that info with the fact that you also probably had more fiber in the bread than in the apple you usually eat, my guess would be your tummy is saying "thank you"

http://www.happynews.com/news/122920...t-control-.htm
  • Aimee is absolutely right it takes years of dedicated body abuse to ruin a metabolism. It just means you're not hungry. You had a wonderful combination of good carbs and protein and it's keeping you full, just like it's supposed to.
    That's the theory behind a myriad of plans that suggest you eat a good solid mini-meal every 3-4 hours. No hunger pangs mean no mindless pigouts.
  • One meal out of whack does not a metabolisim change. Oh but if it were only that easy. I find that on certain days I'm just not as hungry as other days, no rhyme, no reason. Just wish I'd have a few more of them.
  • That article was a blessing, Christina - thank you! It was exactly what I had!

Thanks for all your responses, I'm feeling better now. Still haven't eaten but I'm starting to get a little peckish so maybe around 2:15 - 2:30 I'll grab lunch.
  • Hmmm.. you know, I had one day where I was not hungry at all, I had a cup of hot chocolate, and a nutrition bar. But thats all I ate until 8:30pm, however this was during TOM where I find I can't eat as much anyways. Your body will always let you know what you need.

-Aimee
  • Aimee - how weird! I'm on TOM today and I hardly ate yesterday! Although, that's weird for me. I usually go on an eating rampage the day or two before TOM. Argh.

Anyhoo, that's good to know that my body's not the only one being weird.