C25K challenge starting December

You're on Page 5 of 10
Go to
  • that sounds like a good plan!
  • First Day
    Well, today was my start day, and I have to say it felt pretty good. Don't get me wrong, I was huffin and puffin at the end, but I made it! I think I will probably need to do each week for 2 weeks to build up my endurance.

However, my treadmill started acting up at the end of my workout. I hope it just needs a day's rest and a good night's sleep to cure its ailments! This would not be a good time for it to break down since I don't have the money to get it fixed right now! We'll see I guess.

Everyone have a great day!

Carrie
  • Ok i did W1D1 on sat and sunday so i will do W1D2 today and tomorrow! Then W1D3 on wed and thursday.

o yah, i do all those for thirty minutes. i love this! i love the fresh air
  • I did it.

well sort of. Today i got out of the house and actually did w1D1. I think after doing that first day I'm probably going to have to more then 1 week of each type. I don't care though, I'm just really glad that I started on the day that I said I would, something that dosen't really happen to me very much.
  • did W1D2 this morning, actually got up at 645am when it was still dark and no one was around! was nice to run around the lake near my halls when it's deadly silent though, saw the swans waking up! Did better than on W1D1, so that's good, but I need to find some scales to weigh myself on, nothing beats the pure exictement I feel when I realise all of this has actually made a difference!!!
  • Quote: Did better than on W1D1, so that's good, but I need to find some scales to weigh myself on, nothing beats the pure exictement I feel when I realise all of this has actually made a difference!!!
    This IS a difference: "Did better than on W1D1"
  • Hello all! I just saw a link to this thread within another thread elsewhere on the board. I started the C25K on the 13th. I did W1D1. Then on the 15th, I did W1D2. So, tonight I do W1D3. I'm loving it so far. I could already tell a little difference in my breathing on the second day. But, my calves were burning something fierce when I'd get to the jogging part. I did push through it and got through the entire thing. On the off days from the C25K I do power-walking on the treadmill. On the days that I do the C25K (since it's a shorter workout than I'm used to), I work on my arms with the weights at my gym. Anyway - I'm just really glad that this thread is here! YAY!
  • i'm addicted to running again! that europhine is kicking in

i finished W1D3 today and i ran two of them twice! Also, i did all of them for 30 minutes instead of 20! I knew i was addicted today when i put bandaids on my ummm sensitive areas and layered up to go running in 20 degree weather. I was freezing at first but it was the easiest and most relaxing of all my runs so far!

I can't wait until i'm back up to six mile days (that was me two years ago and many pounds lighter)

YAY FOR RUNNING!

BUT i'm kind of worried because we are supposed to get icy snow tonight... should i exercise on the treadmill? the treadmill= for my calves
  • thats true maria, thanks for showing me that! i should remember that exercise isnt just about losing weight but about being fit!! my flatmates think i'm crazy but i'm actually looking forward to doing W1D3 tomorrow..
    how are you doing?
  • Hey guys,
    did W5D1 for the second time today. I should also mention that I haven't done C25K since Sunday - got lazy. BAD IDEA!!! 3 days off makes for a painful workout. But at least I learned my lesson, I'm not doing that again.
    Regardless, I made it through and I think I might do another repeat of W5D1 before moving on. It is a pretty big jump on D2 and D3.

Keep working hard folks!!!
  • Does anyone else get the pain in their lower calves and shins when they get to the running part???? Is this just me adjusting to running or is it my shoes????
  • Julz - good chance it is your shoes, how old are they? are they running shoes?

Your best bet is to go to a running store (not a big box sports store) and get them to figure out your foot type and watch how you run. They will be able to give you advice on the best running shoe for you. I had terrible pain in my shins and calves when I first started and since I got good running shoes the pain has completely gone away.
  • That pain is shin splints. It can be caused by shoes (so yeah, you should be running in proper running shoes that are correct for your feet), but also it's something almost every new or returning runner gets initially even in good shoes.

If your shoes are good, ice your shins and google "shin splint exercises".
  • I agree, chances are it's the shoes. I went to the running room and they were great! I must have tried on 30 pairs of running shoes till we got it right! You can also try doing some Yoga on your rest days. I find that really helps!
  • Ok, i just did week 3 workout 3 and I'm totally NOT READY for week 4. I think i'm going to add a week 3.5...lol somewhere inbetween !