Exercise Update

• Just thought I'd give an update on my exercise plan. I've worked out for years but have not done much cardio for the past few years because I was able to maintain in the high 120s and just lift weights about 2 times per week (I do walk about 1 mile per day though as I live in NYC). I stopped working out all together about 1 and 1/2 years ago while pregnant. I started up again slowly in September. The cardio machines were absolutely agonizing! I kept to a very low setting and pushed through it. Lately I've noticed how much faster I am walking (the way I used to walk a few years ago) and the cardio machines are - would you believe???? - becoming fun. My current plan is burning what the cardio machines track at 300 calories (though a sticky thread above warns that these numbers are not to be trusted and I fully agree, but they do give some sort of measure). This means I can use any machine I want for however long, until I burn the 300 calories. Yesterday I was busy watching these poor heroin addict twins on Dr. Phil so I just didn't want to get off the machines or I'd miss it. I stayed for a full hour and enjoyed the experience! What a change when you get in shape. Torture becomes "feeling good". By the way, I'm also lifting weights 3 times per week and I really look so much better and more toned. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it (the plan, that is..)!
  • Congratulations on a job well done so far! It's amazing how much an exercise routine can become part of your life.