Walking/running on snowy icy roads

• This may be a dumb question so forgive me. Is there any sort of covers you can put on your shoes that have little spikes on the bottom so I don't slip while walking/running on snowy icy roads? The roads are going to be bad for the next 3 or 4 months.
  • I've seen those things before, but never used them. I did a search on amazon.com and found 2 different kinds. One is called yaktrax and the other was get a grip. You'll probably find others out there too.
  • i just saw them this weekend in my roadrunner sports catalog. www.Roadrunnersports.com

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/SUR003/
  • Lee Valley has some as well.
  • I bought STABILicers from the New Balance Store here. I'm sure you can find them online.

I like that you can put them on any of your shoes/boots instead of having to buy one pair with permanent spikes.

SlimNStrong
  • I have yaktrax which work well. They're not made for deep snow, but I love them for that packed snow/ice. I don't often walk outside a lot in the winter, esp since it's so cold and dark here, but I use these when I do, and sometimes even just for going to and from the car and home/work.