Scuba Diver

• I'm officially a scuba diver! I did my last ocean dive today and got my certification - I've been wanting to do this for SOOOOOOO long, but kept putting it off, partly because of money, partly because I was kinda scared of it, and partly because I couldn't handle the thought of a bunch of people seeing me in a skin-tight wetsuit! But I did it, and I'm so glad I did - it rocks, and I can't wait till Christmas in Mexico so I can go in some warm water (rather than the freezing water hear, with double wetsuits, boots, hoods, gloves..... and I still couldn't feel my toes when I got out today).
  • Congrats - that's neato. I can only imagine how cold the water must be up there!
  • That's awesome! congratulations
  • wooo hoo! All the scuba divers I know (including my dad) are incredibly passionate about it!! Must be SO much fun. Congratulations!!
  • how fun! yes,mexico water will certainly feel good after fall/winter in BC!
  • Oh my goodness.......how cool! Go you!
  • Congratulations!

There's a place around here that teaches how to scuba dive, and Im determined to learn. Once I get the money for lessons, equipment, etc... there will be an envelope for that soon.
  • Neato! That's a really awesome credential to have. Congrats, and have fun!!
  • fae - you should definitely go for it - it's so much fun! And, cliche as it sounds, it really does open up a whole new world to explore.
  • uhuuu !! congrats !!

You are brave !! I´ve been scuba diving for about 4 years now, and always run away from the cold water, there is this place in Brazil, called Arraial do Cabo, considered the second best place to scuba dive in the country, after Fernando de Noronha, but the water is a bit cold by brazilian standards, so in one of my dives over there the water hit 10 degrees celcius (about 50F), and I ended it up staying 3 meters above the pack, where it was warmer (60F) ...

Ohhh, I can´t wait to scuba dive again this holiday ... I´m going to Brazil, and will hopefully find the time to do it... maybe we can trade our impressions afterwards !

Have tons of fun in Mexico !!!
  • Congrats! that is so fun
  • My husband got certified this summer and I'm getting resort certified next week in Mexico. Sounds like a blast! My husband spears fish in our river, but he's looking forward to the warm water and more colorful fish. I'm going to get certified when I'm done having babies.