Hey everyone!

• Hey everyone! I'm new to this site and I want to introduce myself. I'm 22 years old and I've been overweight since age 13 about, right after I began going through puberty. At that time I had just moved to a new place (thanks to a military parent) and was begining to change into a young woman. I began eating worse foods and not doing as much activity as I had when I was younger. It wasn't bad at first, but by age 15 or 16, I was probably 10-15 pounds overweight. Now I am about 160 and only 5'4" and very uncomfortable with my body. I was very active as a teenager, always very athletic but I also was eating horribly. I still don't eat very well, too much junk, not enough nutrient-rich foods, etc... I really like to run, although I don't do it very often, and I think over the past few years I have pinpointed what I'm doing wrong, and maybe that's a start.

I have been overweight for a while and I never thought it was that big of a problem. Sure, I've wished I was thinner many many times but I never thought it was a very pressing issue. But this summer, I went to the doctor and he mentioned something about losing a little bit of weight. That is the first time anyone has ever said something like that to me and it shocked me so much. It really hurt me a lot too but then I thought, well, maybe if I fix this now, it won't end up to be a big problem when I'm older.

I have grown very lazy and developed a bit of a social anxiety because I feel like people think I'm really fat. I don't like to go to a lot of social events-I honestly try to avoid them most of the time unless I'm in a comfortable place. But the reason I avoid them is because I think everyone will just be thinking that I'm fat and not care what I say or think. I think i've been depressed a lot of times too but have never seeked help for it. I just feel like I can fix it myself but I don't ever do anything really to fix anything! It's a crazy, vicious cycle that I know I need to stop right now or I'll just continue having problems until I'm a lonely, fat old woman.

lol okay, wow, I didn't know all that was in me. But I found this site somehow and I think I'm meant to reach out for support from people who are going through similar situations. So, thanks for everyone being out there and...HI!
  • Welcome! I'm new, too, but you'll feel so at home very quickly.

You can do this!
  • Be glad you're not 281 like I am.
    Good luck.