Thanksgiving Survival Strategies--please help!

• Hi--

Are you planning to eat Core all week including on Turkey Day? I foolishly used 14 WPAs on Sunday (Day 1 of my week) by eating a pb and j. sandwich (among other things). I did exercise a lot so got 4 activity points.

Tonight I'm working out again--to offset some tortilla chips I ate in the afternoon. Too many starchy carbs, not enough protein, not enough water, is my unofficial diagnosis of my recent bad eating pattern.

So how are people handling this week?

I made the conscious decision to maintain current weight (134.2) thru end of November. I had wanted to stay completely Core and lose 3 pounds but I don't think that's realistic. In lieu of putting pressure on myself, I'm picking "staying at this weight" as the right goal for now.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and safe travels if you'll be on the road.
  • Elana,
    I haven't been doing too hot lately, but here's my philosophy...
    I'm increasing exercise this week to help with the goodies.
    I'm trying to eat only things I really love. I don't know about you, but I feel like I have to try a little bit of everything. Since we do 2-3 Thanksgiving meals, it has become imperative that I only choose to eat the things I really want to have. Now my favorite is dumplings, and I will probably have them. But it means that things I don't like as much, such as mashed potatoes, bread, etc. can stay behind. Even dessert.
    I don't know if that helps, but that's how I go about it.
  • we're having thanksgiving with rhonda and doyle. i'm going to do the best i can and i'll also go to ww friday.

i know i haven't set very strong boundaries for myself, but i'm going to do what i can.