ricotta cheese

• Anyone have any suggestions for low calorie recipes that use ricotta cheese (other than pancakes)? I have a whole container of it (made a recipe that called for 1.5 tbsps) that I need to use up.
  • I add it to a salad...especially ceasar salad, for some extra calcium and protien. Its also good on baked potatoes or in mashed potatoes. For breakfast i put it in fritatas (baked omlet). All kinds of good ways to use up ricotta.
  • I use it to make macaroni and cheese.

Can you freeze ricotta?
  • Ricotta creme: 1/2 cup of Ricotta, 1/2 tsp of vanilla, 2 packets of splenda. (Or how many you like.) Stir and eat as is. This is a South Beach recipe. I enjoy this for a snack. It's filling and very rich...very good and creamy like cheese cake.
  • I use ricotta mixed with parmesan and drained spinach to stuff boneless chicken breasts,I just pound them thin, mix the cheeses, spinach, with some salt pepper and garlic, spread the cheese on the breast, roll them up and bake for 30 min at 350, its so good hardly seems healthy, yet it is!!
  • Mix the ricotta with canned salmon (after picing out the bones and skin of course) stuff into those giant pasta shells, and put a little bit of parmesan on top of each and bake.
  • You could make a veggie lasagna with it, using wholewheat lasagana and soy mince. I love adding broccoli, spinach, carrots, mushrooms...really anything I have to hand to bulk up the sauce, which I make with passata. A layer of ricotta cheese is gorgeous in a lasagna.
  • Thanks everyone for the suggestions! This is the fastest I've managed to use up a container of ricotta cheese.
  • I used to eat it with cut up fruit until I realized how much more protein low fat cottage cheese had for the calories....

Mel