Back again - discouraged but determined....

• Hello again; Shawnee here. I've had lots of problems staying on diet this year; personal turmoil with a parent on Alzheimer's. I not only failed to lose weight I GAINED weight. Very naughty.
    I'm determined to get back in gear; I am confusing this diet with the dreaded Atkins diet. I know Atkins is not good for you - I didn't feel well on it. However, for some reason I found it easier to follow. I have the SBD book, but I keep looking to count carbs. On phase l you are allowed green beans - how much? I can't digest cabbage or lettuce - and I'm smart enough to know peas are a no-no.
    Help a gal with hints on phase 1, pleassseeee!!!:
  • I'll start a Phase I thread shortly for questions like yours. In the meantime, forget counting carbs and don't limit quantities of good veggies like green beans.
    Once again
  • Welcome Shawnee!
  • Thanks for the "beans'' info. When I go on a diet I tend to eat more as I feel deprived. Green beans are a fave of mine, vegg. wise - as is celery.
    Once again, thanks for info thanks K. City for welcome!!
  • I forgot how to make weight charts: I can get there and pick one but I'm stuck after that. My entries look naked; Hawlp!!