I found the birthday thread! Home of the Loozing Floozies #01!!

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
View Poll Results: What do you wish you could do tonight?
Curl up with a good book in front of a warm fire.
36.36%
Curl up with your sweetie in front of a warm fire
18.18%
Watch a good movie (with a friend or alone) with some hot chocolate and popcorn.
18.18%
Go out on a hot date with your sweetie (or a friend for girls' night out)
27.27%
Catch up on housework/schoolwork.
9.09%
Other--feel free to elaborate
9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Welcome to McSkinney's Loozing Floozies' forum!

We're so glad you've taken the time to browse through our threads, won't you come and join our discussion?

We've been in the doldrums lately (and we're blaming the weather!!!), but we KNOW things are going to get better! Luckily we have our Floozie friends to give us and when we need them!!
  • Ladies (newbies and not-so-newbies),

Check the birthday thread, please, and if you're not listed, pm me so I can update it!!

Thanks,
    Cheryl
  • My birthday is October 7th and what I wish I could be doing tonight is sitting down at the new sewing machine that I got for my birthday THAT I STILL HAVEN'T SEWN A SINGLE STITCH WITH! Instead I'm heading out the door to spend the evening with Aunt Hazel at the nursing home, but tonight should be the last time I have to do that. She is going home tomorrow! I'll spend the day tomorrow getting her settled in at home and hopefully Sunday I can take a "me" day and do some sewing!
  • My birthday is April 27 and I would love to curl up with a good book right now. But I am still feeling crappy, so reading is just giving me a headache.
  • My birthday is on november 23 , I will be turning 16 , its also on thanksgving day!

Ok so i have a picture of me on sept. 30th my sisters wedding day and a pic of me on oct 17th I think around there homecoming ... tell me if you notice a weight loss diffrence I think I do , I think y face and my arms and some of my chest is smaller.
    wedding

Homecoming

sorry about streching the page feel free to resize it anyone as I have no iea how to do that . also I think I have ******ed smiles in those but its almost the same pose.
  • My birthday is March 17th--St. Patty's Day.
    Vogue--you look wonderful!
  • Vouge, you are one cute chick-a-dee! I can see a difference too in the pics. You and your sister sure look alot alike. Both of you are very pretty. I love the little lighted trellis, was that for the wedding or do you leave it up year around?

Gotta go! Will be back later!
  • it was for the wedding but we decieded it was fun to have so we kept it up all year round now haha
  • Vogue-You are beautiful.

My bro had the best birthday present anyone could possibly have this past Friday. His grandson was born on his birthday! This is after having 3 granddaughters.
  • Congrats shelly.
  • I was a bad girl last night! I ate chocolate morsels that were in the freezer. Probably half a cup's worth! Good thing I was able to run today. BTW, I am very lonely over there!!!!!!
  • Vogue - It was so nice of you to post your pics. You are a pretty girl!!
    Shelley - I will start posting on the exercise thread. I keep trying to get a schedule going for the gym but always end up being called for work.
  • Vogue ~ You are a lovely young woman! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Shelley ~ Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Tim's aunt came home on Saturday and is doing GREAT! She stayed last night by herself and said it seemed so good to have it quiet and not to have to worry about anyone else in the house. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the worst is over and that it's only going to keep getting better!

I've been doing better with my eating. I'm still not 100% OP, but I did check the scale this morning and I'm down 1 pound, so at least the scales are moving in the right direction again!
  • Great job Suzy Q on the weight loss!!!! I hope aunt Hazel is able to stay at home this time. My mom keeps telling me it stinks getting old.

Allison, I keep forgetting to tell you that I admire your self control with dieting and wine intake. You are a very busy person at it would be very easy for you to use the excuse of no time, so I'll drive through a fast food place.

Shelley, congrats on the new little great nephew!!! Hmmmm......I wonder how Shelley will be as a grandmother one of these days???? If your like me, you are in no rush at all to have that title! LOL! Some of the people I went to school with are grandparents and it just blows my mind. I guess I don't realize how old I actually am! LOL!

Dee??? Oh, Dee???? Come out where ever you are oh Princess.

Janice, I'm with you on exercise, I have good intentions, but that is usually as far as it gets. Are you feeling better?

Deb, did you recover from the cold/flu? Hope your feeling better today. I bet the tricker treaters loved their special treat from you!

Vouge, I can't get over how much you and your sis look alike. What is the age difference?

Cheryl, where is our little Moderator? Are you doing ok????

Off to work I go! Will check in later!
  • Quote:
    Allison, I keep forgetting to tell you that I admire your self control with dieting and wine intake. You are a very busy person at it would be very easy for you to use the excuse of no time, so I'll drive through a fast food place.
    Gayle--what self control???? I've been drinking wine every day (at least 2 glasses per day) since the beginning of the month! Yeah, I did lose weight, but I really don't know how!! LOL. But you're right, I don't have time, but I live in a weird city--there are NO DRIVE THRU fast food places!!! Drive thru banks, yes, but not fast food. So fast food is slow because you have to go in and stand in line and wait and then take it back home. We still do fast food--weekend lunches mainly (Burger King for lunch Saturday--but I did do the non-breaded chicken sandwich).

I'm actually feeling a bit "fat" today. I went to my annual Mother/Daughter Tea for my charity group and ate more than I should have (3 tiny tea sandwiches plus 1 1/4 larger ones, and dessert was 5 (FIVE!!!!) different decadent morsels! I polished off the brownie and lemon bar and ate half of two of the others. The fifth was nothing special so I didn't even taste it, but DD had several different choices on her plate, so I got tastes of those!!! Then I went home and made homemade turkey chili. I served it with raw veggies with dip and ate only a small bowl of chili. The scale was up 2.5 pounds this morning!!! I'm sure it is only temporary--I didn't drink nearly enough water yesterday.