Which Jello Pudding would you choose--Fat Free or Sugar Free?

• I've had both, and they taste the same. The fat free is 100 cals, while the sugar free is 60 cals and 2 g fat.

So which is better--no fat or no sugar?
  • pudding
    I love the fat free ready made cups, portion control, plus I dont like artificial sweeteners.
  • The instant Jell-o pudding is sugar free AND fat free (as long as you make it with skim milk), so that's what I use. I just mix it up right in a big measuring cup so I can measure how much I am pouring into each serving container, then pour into 4 small containers for 4 half-cup servings. No sugar, no fat--no guilt!
  • I like the fat-free better, just because the sugar-free kind leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth, usually. I'm pretty tolerant of sugar alcohols, but this just kinda burned afterwards (maybe it's just me...) I had the butterscotch kind (it was very good, but like I said, it left a weird feeling in my mouth).
  • I don't like the taste of the sugar free, either.
  • I personally don't find those little cups to be satisfying enough for me to spend 100 calories. I'd rather have a non-fat yogurt, it's pudding -ish and has A LOT more nutritional value.
  • I go with whichever has the lowest calories. Let's face it, you're not getting much nutrition out of pudding, it's all empty calories anyway, so you might as well go with the version that has the fewest of them (unless you don't like the way it tastes).
  • Oh, and if you're interested in making your own instant pudding (which I think tastes much better than the little cups), I've found the Jell-o brand to be MUCH tastier than the Royal brand (plus many of the Royal brand flavors have more calories).

I don't think most puddings have any sugar alcohols, just artificial sweeteners. Sugar alcohols make me quite ill
  • I like the sugar free. I tried to cut most of the sugar out of my diet so they little cups are a great treat when I am having a chocolate craving.
  • SF here also. Like others have saidk, these are basically just empty calories. So if you're going to eat the empty calories, is it not best to have as few of them as possible for the same "cost"?

Assuming they taste the same to you, of course. They both taste fine to me.
  • Are you all talking about the prepared pudding cups? When I make instant pudding myself, I don't think it's all empty calories since I know I'm making it with my nutritious skim milk. I'm only adding 35 empty calories to each serving (the amount in just the dry mix)--the rest is milk.
  • I recently tried the pudding cups but didn't like them. It's strange, when I finished the cup, it was as if I hadn't eaten anything at all. The flavor was just so flat. It was like an artificially flavored blob. I expected to satisfy a chocolate craving, but I may as well have drunk a glass of water for all it did.
  • Call me a nut ... others have ... but I'd really rather have yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit. There's nutrition in that stuff, yup!
  • I kind of like Kozy Shack no sugar added chocolate pudding myself, though I think it might be an acquired taste. It's not like Jell-o style pudding in taste. I think it's 90 calories and a bit of fat.