The Great Featherweight One Week Challenge - Oct 30- Nov 4

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Well? A new week!
    When you had a look back at last week, what did you discover? No surprises for me. I eat to much and don't do enough cardio. Guess my plan for this week is pretty simple.
  • I did good this past week and did really well on the weekend , which is great for me...

Today... gym : legs
    Maybe some cardio if I have strength in my legs after the workout...
    Then work... from 11:30 to 5pm...
  • I'm very new to Featherweights but I'm IN! my challenge this week is to go to the gym Monday-Thursday. Cardio for atleast 60 minutes everyday and weights Monday and Wednesday. 20 minute abs video on Friday.
  • Well, I didn't have any good changes in the past week, but I didn't have any bad ones either. I, too, have just been eating too much for my output. My diet software keeps a running tab of how much under or over my daily calorie allotment I come in each day, taking into account such things as exercise and my weight goal. I've been exceeding my calories by small amounts on a regular basis, which is turning into a bigger and bigger total. So, I'm restarting my diet today and I swear to you, ladies, that I will not exceed my daily calorie allotment until I reach goal!

My other project is to increase the amount of time I spend doing exercise. I've been pretty good about working out 5-6 times per week, but I want to do at least something everyday, and I want to increase the amount of time I spend on cardio.

So them's my goals!
  • I am excited about this coming week. I lost 2 pounds last week, which is motivating me to take on the world today.

Last week's weight loss proved that I can still eat correctly and lose weight even though I went to my college homecoming where pizza and beer was the mainstay for the weekend. I helps that I am not a huge pizza fan.

I have also notice a difference in my attitude toward food. I stop eating when I am full now, regardless of how good the meal tastes. Sweets are my weakness and I am not eating as many of those. I used to snack all day on chocolates and have desert both lunch and dinner every day. Deserts are now a special event eaten less than once a week. I have converted the office to snacking on nuts during the day instead of chocolate, which helps with my lack of will power.

Here is to another good week for everyone!
  • I did pretty good last week. As usual, my downfalls were cheese and alcohol!

I DID notice that I tend to be up in weight the day after my diet is heavy in fiber, and then see a reduction the day after. I'd never realized before, but I do tend to bloat a bit, I guess.

This week's goals - Morning exercise every day! I can push myself harder then than when I work out later.
  • Morning Featherweights!
    I couldn't understand why I regressed last week after weeks of eating correctly and exercising. Then I figured out that part of the reason was the change in weather. It was taking my body longer to adjust to the cooler temperature. Stress was also affecting me. And I was just too cold to move and wanted warm comfort food to relieve my stress and warm up my body.

Well, after I saw my hard work going down the drain and my pants getting tighter, I decided to get control of the situation. I'm happy to say that I made it through 4 days of perfect eating. (This includes the weekend!) In fact, this morning I did aerobics first thing, which certainly warmed me up, and now I will go to the gym to do the weight machines. (They have the air conditioner on in there, but a sweater should solve my freezing problem.) This weekly challenge is a motivator, too. It helps to know we are all in this together.

OK gals. let's have a good week and let's stay out of the Halloween candy.

Happy Halloween!
    Dena
  • im still here
    Im pleased that i lost a couple pounds last month. My biggest thing to smile about though is that I found this site and the motivation that comes with it.
    I have a few questions for the group,

the fitday, I find that I am making my "new foods" nutrition data a lot and this is time consuming. For example, I had to plug in info for lean cuisine, chinese take out, etc. Has anyone paid the 20 bucks for the upgrade? If so is there more of selection of foods?

Again, I go above 1200 and I feel like I am being very naughty. I see on average everyone else takes more then that. What is max cals people have followed and still lost weight?

SUPERSTAR: You have huge goals! Goodluck. If I get my but on the TM and powerwalk for 20 minutes I will be at goal.

If only I could give up the pm wine!!!
  • I am back on the WW Core plan so I can get 4 pesky pounds off.

Challenge for the week:
    4 times at the gym--counting Sunday to Saturday
    Eat Core foods
    Focus on tracking my water
  • Drive by posting! The all day pain in my neck has turned into a full-blown migraine. Ugh!
    I wanted to tell Ilene that I ran more than half of the twenty minutes I was out before supper

healthywtloss4me ... that's one of the things that sort of steered me toward whole foods. So much easier to document in fitday. However, now that you have those foods in there, you'll neverhave to hunt for them again.

That was a lot of work typing that. I'm off for a dark quiet corner.
  • Susan -- Good for you for running with a migraine at that and ouch!!

healthywtloss4me -- You just have to experiment the amount calories that make you gain or lose weight, everyone seems to be different in that respect...

It's been a good day, had a great leg workout but food a little on the high side calorie wise... I can chalk it up to the leg workout building muscle no??
  • Oh no Ilene! I'm not made of stuff that good. I ran with a bit of a nagging neck. With the migraine I sat simpering in a hot sudzy tub

The good news is I feel great this morning! In my younger hormone filled days ... I used to have a wash-over day when I just felt spent. Nowadays, they come far less often, are not as severe and come and go quickly. There are certain perks to peri-menopause.

Today, I'm gonna get some hardcore cardio in! Seriously!

And I still need to get candy for the ghosties and ghoulies!
  • I was BAD yesterday. First, I was running around like crazy to the bank, lawyer, and everyone else under the sun (we are closing on a new house today), with the result that at 7:00 PM, all I'd eaten all day was a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of yogurt - so STARVING. THEN, I knew I wasn't GOOD, but I really didn't think I'd done that BAD until I plugged barbecue beef into fitday. . .good god.

So I clearly did not lose anything yesterday - the miracle is, I don't appear to have gained, either. Today is moving day, though - which of course means we will be ordering a ton of pizzas for everybody who helps us out - which means I have to WATCH MYSELF!!!
  • Are you staying in Kitchener SuBee? They have my favourite Home Depot!
  • We're moving from Kitchener to Waterloo - all of 8 kilometres, I think! But we're going from a "starter home" to a really nice older home in Old Westmount - hardwood floors, some of the original stained glass, deck, balcony, sun room - all kinds of fun stuff! I am so excited!!