5-10 Pounds to lose by Turkey Day Challenge!

You're on Page 23 of 24
Go to
  • Okay about to leave for the in-laws, just wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

Jasmine: I am all for start a new thread for Christmas and just for having our own support group as well.

Martiniforme: Be careful with all that chinese your body is used to all the healthy food now and bad things can happy when you eat greasy food if you are not used to it. Get my drift...

Hun.e.be: I totally understand about the support. I have had a couple of friends start and then never finish. That is actually why I came to 3fatchicks and have found great people to talk and support me. Just remember we are all hear for you!
  • Well, 40 minutes and I'll be outa here for 4 days!

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

I'll be back on Monday and will be sure to post my final weigh-in.

See ya'll later.

• Chub Challenging Chicks
    A Bunch Of Losers (might come off as negative, not sure)
    Chicks Of A Feather Challenge Together

My brain is dead :S Long day at work.
    I like Jasmine's idea. We'll probably have people that join, and don't really stick to it, but based on this challenge, I am positive that the few of us that stuck to this challenge thread will stick together for future challenges

--
    Today was interesting. I've been looking at all the various different Western Chinese dishes I can partake in, and I am packing my food scale, my measuring cups, and my measuring spoons. I'll be staying away from the spring rolls. Those things are addictive! I think I'll be able to do it as long as I plan well and hard. She just isn't taking no for an answer! Thanks dolly for the advice :S Hahaha, my body has been revolting against deep fried foods as long as I can remember! It's like a double edges sword, or something lol.

BBL
  • Woo! I was stuck at this infernal 273.somethingorother. I have lost 1.2 lbs! YAY!
    Not my weigh in day, but whatev! Who knows, maybe tomorrow will show another pound. Doubtful, but I can wish, right?? Hah. That means only 3 lbs off from my goal loss. That's still good!
  • Hi Ladies,

I just can't seem to keep up with everyone! So many things going on in my life and it looks like everyone else's life too!
    Jasmine so sorry you had such a rough day on the bus with your potatoes, stroller and little one. Sounds like quite the challenge. I think you're pretty brave to grocery shop and take the kids and stroller on the bus!
    MartiniI'm pretty impressed at your responses to everyone and find you so encouraging. Thanks for all your imput... and you too Jasmine..
    Melissa You've got my support! Congrats on your weight loss!
    Tisha and dolliepie and everyone else: Have an awesome Thanksgiving!!!

I am really not good on how to use this computer board thing. I don't know how to "make" an icon or even figure out how to copy and paste, etc. I know Jasmine you tried to explain but I'm dense when it comes to things like that and basically have to do the hands on thing. So I would love to be a part of the christmas thing and all but I don't know how to do computer things well. Grrrrr. Frustrating. :P I hope to join the rest of you for the next challenge even though I have only lost a few pounds on this one. I'm having an amazingly hard time sticking to a diet but I know the exercise is helping me out. I'm a bit frustrated and bummed about my lack of weight loss. Take for instance the other day I worked out and walked (which I have been doing quite a bit of both) and only had part of a burger and some devilish onion rings. Yes, I know that wasn't healthy or low cal at all but thats all I had all day and the next day when I got on the scale I had gained a pound. I passed up pizza and everything because I wanted to break the weight that I have been at for like two weeks! No such luck. I was so depressed then I find out that my son takes off without telling us where he is going and goes off to God knows where. We were so worried and I was so sick and he finally tells us where he's at but he was having one of those teenage moments where they have to find themselves, etc. He is home now but all that stress and the family drama... I should just call this as the world spins scene 5847390298.... you get what I'm saying... Oh well, so I eat finally stuff that isnt that good for me but there in my face and then I lose a pound and argh... who knows whats going on. I just need to get back on my lowfat, no sugar, low carb, lean meat eating 5 meals a day thing and drink tons more water. I am going to work on that starting Fri. I will not stuff tomorrow and will jump back on my serious hard core "diet" on Fri.

Really though, I hope that all of you have a very lovely, happy filled day with lots of good food and fun times.

Hugs~
  • Aww thanks sugar
    I think part of the reason your not losing the weight may be because your body is getting confused. You were eating pretty healthy, and quite a few times a day, so it didn't have to worry about hanging on to the extra weight. But when you only eat once a day, your body goes in to hibernation, and stores all the calories you consume because it doesn't know exactly when it'll have another meal.
    The key I recently found was that I had to eat 5-6 times a day, and always around the same time, and that's when my body finally got it, I think.
    I eat at:
    7am
    10am
    12pm
    3pm
    6pm
    8pm (this meal is always ultra light, like usually I eat Jell-O, because sleeping on a heavy stomach isn't so good)
    Also, after dinner I try to get in a bit of exercise. Even if it's just doing dishes, sweeping, and doing laundry, it still burns some calories and helps my stomach settle a bit. With the weight fluctuation and the family drama, I can only imagine this is not an easy time for you at all! It wasn't all that long ago that I was a teenager, but I never really was in a rebellious stage, so I'm not really sure what else you can do other than just hang in there

If you want, I can make you an avatar I love Photoshop and digital art, it's one of my all time fav hobbies! I can even make an animation! If you have a picture that you want jazzed up for your little avitar, just e-mail it to me ([email protected]).
    I can tell you already have your signature tracker I will just send you very precise step-by-step instructions on how to update your avitar, and add different things to your signature. I used to be really clumsy on the computer, but over time I grew comfortable with it.

I know it's hard in the face of adversity, but instead of looking at things in a negative, I try to see what today will bring tomorrow, and what I'll learn (doesn't always work, but we try!).

Instead of a lowfat/nosugar/lowcarb/lean meat diet, why not start out with baby steps like me. I started out just counting calories, and seeing what my daily intake was. Then I started moving my meals to a structure and certain frequency of eating. Then after that I turned to lean meats. Now I'm trying to cut out processed foods. I still eat foods with sugar, and I still get atleast 50% carbs. The way I see it is, if I cut all of this stuff out of my diet to lose, then when I reintroduce it in to my diet, it might be too much after not having had it for over a year or more. This way, my body goes down, and I still eat a little bit of everything. The one thing I'm strict about is empty calories. I try to never eat empty calories.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow!
  • What a sweetheart you are Mande!
    I would love for you to help me make an avitar thingy majig. So encouraging... *sigh* I almost had a tear come to my eye... My greatest fear with this diet is the fact that I have had Lymphoma. I wonder sometimes if my glands are messed up from that. I haven't had chemo in over a year but I'm just messed up. Then on top of that the ED from when I was in highschool have messed up my system too. I still can't grasp the concept that I can eat food and lose weight. That's why I have never truly been on an official "diet" before. I always get into the mode of thinking that I have to not eat. Now don't get me wrong. I don't go starving myself for days on end, etc. I just think no food = weight loss. I am afraid to eat just low cal. I am afraid that I will gain even more weight if I eat that much or if I eat the carbs. Sooo... I think.. no sugar, low carb, etc. I do bloat very fast whenever I eat carbs such as pasta or breads or sugars. I guess with all the undecisiveness of my diet plan I leave myself up for failure. I have never dieting before. I have either starved (in years gone by) or ate whatever I wanted and now have turned into a blimp... hehe. So... yes, I do want to be healthy but I don't want to gain another pound. I am freaked cause the scale isn't moving so I resort to not eating at all. Then I get discouraged and go back to the old habits of "comforting myself with food that tastes good.. blah blah." I don't binge. At least I haven't in ages and I don't purge. I just have really bad choices and I have in times past just ate without thinking what I was putting into my mouth.
    I agree with you. I need to take baby steps. Maybe I should focus on the continued exercise. I am glad to say that I have been really faithful with that. I really need to work on adding water to my diet. I have been trying but I have this wierd concept that I do it all right or I don't do anything.. Crzy, huh? Soo... I need to make better habits. So maybe I need to focus on making sure I start having breakfast. Watch my coffee intake (has sugar with it) and up the water, continue with exercise and try to eat regularily. I was telling DH that we really need a schedule. If I make one then maybe it would help. Just we are trying to sell our house and we have to up and go when people come through ... blah blah.. LOL
    I need more info and that's what I'm going to do. Look into more low carb but low fat foods with calories that aren't empty. Do more whole foods if I can. That way I have more nutrients coming in.
    As for my son, he is such a wonderful guy. He isn't rebellious at all just that he has the pressure of being so perfect as he is the son of a leader in our church... and I the wife. Pressure Pressure Pressure
    He wants to be so perfect but struggles with himself and the expectations that he has on himself and from those around him. He had to "get away" to think things through to see if he could live up to this. He was such a turkey as he didn't realize the worry he left behind. He didn't run from us aswe are a very close family but he is "at that age" and thinks he is alone with his feelings. I am just so relieved that he is home safe and sound...
    OMW.. this post is too long ....
    I just want to thank you for helping me put things into perspective MandeYou are young and smart... LOL and getting healthier by the day. So... I don't know if I covered everything but I will post and see. I will email you in the next couple of days and let you know it's me by putting sugarbaby in the subject. Thank doll!
  • That's really great that your son is involved in your church Also, I didn't know your DH was a leading member of your church! I think that's great!
    And of course I will make you an avitar! I have some great ideas for a Christmas one

--
    Well, ladies. It's that time. First off, Happy Thanksgiving to the ladies residing in the US!
    It's our final weigh in day.
    Well, here goes...
    My goal was to lose 10lbs. My actual loss was 7.8.
    Am I happy with the loss? You bet your bottom dollar!
    Do I know what caused me to not lose the full 10 or more? Yes, too much leniency, and not enough will power. Lately I have found my little niche in which I can comfortably slide between good food and bad food. Let's hope it holds out!
    Well ladies, we've suggested a few names. Today is the day we need to build a new challenge! I hope you're all ready!
    Just a though, so we aren't part of 10 different challenges...
    Why don't we make the next one challenge a weightloss/exercise challenge, with lots of support?
    Like..
    -Lose 5-10 lbs by Christmas Eve
    -Exercise 1000-1500 minutes by Christmas Eve

Thoughts?

And come ladies!! Wake up!! Everyone out of bed!! I want to know everyone's final numbers!!!
    Hope you all have a great day
  • Also...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I have a lot to be thankful for this year.
    My DF, who I know loves me with all his heart
    My new kitty, and my 2 other kitties
    My MIL who is always so very supportive, one of my best friends!
    My step-dad, who had surgery yesterday, my prayers are with him
    My mom, who I'm going to get to see tomorrow, and spend the weekend with while S-D is in the hospital
    My health, which is steadily improving
    Myself, because I am a strong and powerful individual, but very loving and compassionate
    You guys!! You guys keep me going at this every day, and I believe that you guys made the difference this time around in my weight loss journey! May you all be lucky and blessed, and I hope to know you all for a long time to come!

I am very thankful this year. Even though it's not Thanksgiving in Canada, I have a lot to be thankful EVERY DAY!
  • happy thanksgiving everyone!!! i was in a group with melissa(Mel where are you?) and she told me what a great group this is, im just sorry i caught you guys at the end of your challenge. It seems like everyone in my group left
    Please let me know when and if you guys get another one started, i know its kind a silly but i feel kind of alone without some support. Even if its not me losing the weight its great to see someone that is trying to achieve the same goal(weight loss) lose. Anyway im alittle down today so im watching lifetime but everyone have a great day, and have fun.
  • maifluker: Welcome!! You're right, this is a really strong group, and we're alway happy to have new members! Further up the post you'll see we've all decided to not only carry on to a Christmas Challenge, but to also create a small support network amongst ourselves. You are soo welcome to join us!!! All of our goals are different, whether they are losing weight, maintaining, or just learning to eat right, we all like to keep an open mind, we never judge, and we're as helpful as we can be
    What kinds of things usually make you happy/motivate you?
    Something you can consider is making a list of all the things that get your spirits up, and keep it on hand for when you're having a down moment/day. Pick something off that list, do it, and hopefully it will raise your spirits!
    Good luck, and there's alway someone lurking around here (usually me, because I'm obsessed with posting or something hahahaha).
  • Ladies I am short on time right now but I just wanted to run in and give you all a I am so proud of all of you and I also wanted to say happy turkey day to everyone!!

I was thinking about the group name. What does everyone think of

Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks ?

That way it is about health and we remind ourselves that at whatever size we are we are hot! And we challenge each other to be healthy which means eating right and exercising? I really like it!
  • miafluker:

Welcome! We are not going anywhere hun! We are going to be a group and stick together and support each other! You are more than welcome to join us!!
  • Hi Ladies and welcome miafluker!
    Ok, this challenge I have only lost 3 pounds. BUT at least I'm getting the mind frame to eat healthier and focus on what I ameating instead of mindlessly eating whatever whenever. My exercise has went from nil to an average of at least 69 minutes a day 5x a week. Next goal is to definately lose the weight but to increase water and try eating more often, fewer empty calories and count some calories...
    Jasminethe name you picked gave me a grin when I read it. I think it's a great pick!
    MandeCongrats on your weight loss! You're on the right track.
    Hugs to you all and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
    I'm thankful for the loving and caring family I have.
    For the delicious smelling ham that's cooking in my oven!!!!!
    For life (being in remission and sharing life with my loved ones.)
    For my Creator who loves me and watches over me.
    For a home, food, clothing and all the things I need.
    For laughter and giggles and silliness.
    That my husband has a job.
    For my country and the freedom of religion, speech, etc. (At least for the most part. )
    For this group of dear women who I'm growing so fond of and can't seem to stay away for a day...
    Hugs to you all and may you be blessed with the warmth of loved ones nearby and a full belly without too much damage.. .

Sugar~
  • Oh and Mande,
    How's your step dad? Hope he recovers soon.
    Will try to post goals on signature later.