5-10 Pounds to lose by Turkey Day Challenge!

You're on Page 12 of 24
Go to
  • Quote: Hi all. Im not doing too good with the weight loss. Ive been eating way too much. Im really bumbed out because my knees and legs have really been hurting since I began running on the treadmill. Im trying to take a couple days break from using the treadmill. I dont know if its my running shoes or what but I cant afford new ones right now.
    Hi SarahMahfoud! I suffer from a similar problem. I have issues with my knees, and especially my right hip. I try to go with a low-impact workout. Sometimes getting any exercise in, whether intense or not, is the best thing we can do. Some of the low impact workouts I enjoy is just walking in general, swimming, and using an elyptical machine. The problem with running on a treadmill is that the impact when your feet hit the tread, you can really feel it in your knees if you have knee problems.

Good luck, and if you want anymore ideas, let me know!
  • Today was MUCH more fabulous than yesterday. I did not have a SINGLE slip-up! This is a very big victory for me. It seemed like everytime I opened my pantry, all this junk food would be staring me right in the face, it felt almost taunting. Well, I fixed that! I went through all the cupboards and the pantry, and removed all the foods that will only hurt me and my goal. I put them all in a cupboard above the fridge (where I can't reach them without a step ladder), and just having them out of sight was a major help.

As promised, I will post my grocery list, but not now. I'm tired hehe. I did really well, while DF still dropped the bad stuff in the cart. But with that "crap" out of my sight, I should be okay!

I'll check back, I can't seem to stay off this forum! Hope you all had as good a day as I did!

~Mande
  • Hi everybody!!!

Today has been craaazy! But, I had a super duper time at scrap city! Grabbed me a FF coffee/mocha on the way over and set up my stuff. Lunch wasn't until 1:00pm so I was so hungry I had to eat some of the leftover Halloween candy they left out. (Two chocolates, not too bad) and a couple of gross tasting prezels that were trying to taste like the candy corn they were bagged with. LOL Thank goodness I'm not a candy corn lover. Luckily the food was layed out buffet style and we could add our own dressing. YAY! So I had about 1/3 of the lasagna and salad with minimal dressing and allowed myself two crutons? Sounds crazy I know. It does to me too. AAAAnd When I got home, I made hamburgers for dinner, only the meat that my son picked up from the grocery store (Dear STINKING Alberson's.. and they really do stink in their meat dept) was bad so we ended up having to go replace it and on and on an on and I just got things cleaned up. I had a few french fries as this is my "wild and free day" but they really tasted gross. I drank DIET soda..... which is something I can see myself getting used to now and then. I also tried the pumpkin chocolate loaf I made. Get this, I used only 1/5 of the oil that the recipe called for and substituted the other with applesauce and it was so moist. But.. .I didn't like it. Gross! Pumpkin spice and chocolate don't mix well. I'd rather eat just regular pumpkin bread. I also had some fritos... and breakfast was a fast protien with carrots. LOL I wanted to start the day out right. No exercise today unfortunately. I didn't get to the mall to walk in time. No weight loss either.... Tomorrow will be a better day.
    BUT!!! The wonderful thing about to day besides Scrapping and Olive Garden and Coffe and etc. was the fact that the ladies from CM had a massager lady come in and we all got a massage for 10-15 minutes. OH WOW it was great. My Mum paid to have mine done and I decided that it was totally worth the 8 bucks she spent on me. LOL '
    Oh dear this post is too long.... so sorry.
    Martin, I'm so proud of you! Great job on your diet and on your weight loss!

SarahDon't get too discouraged. Like martin said, maybe a different exercise would be better for you? Maybe instead of running you could try walking on the treadmill. Do they have a walk level on them? Sometimes just doing something good for yourself during the day is enough encouragement to keep on keeping on. Hope tomorrow works out better for you and your joints don't hurt so much.
  • Sorry Ladies but I don't know how to copy and paste so I just wanted to let you know Jasmine that I'm glad the ticket was knocked down and you will be able to make payments. We are in a bind here financially too right now because of my cancer from last year and all the bills. We are hoping to sell the house and get out of debt, yada yada yada but the housing market is like a mortuary right now. I know I didn't spell that right. Hehe. Good for you for getting back on track with you calorie intake!!

Melissa Good for you in choosing something lighter (I guess, I don't know the calories in Chung fu cuisine... ) I am learningn to retrain my taste buds and it's amazing the things that I want and don't want and I feel like my dieting has just started. This little network of suport is so awesome!!! Thanks for all the encouragment and comments, etc.
  • sugarbaby269: Sounds like you had a great day! I love getting massages every now and then as a treat to myself. I have a friend that is currently going to school (3rd yr), and I let her use me as her practice dummy hehe.

No loss today, but no gain either! Yesterday was a day of no slip-ups, so that was my victory for the day.

Today's meals, I managed to get a load of protein in Check'r out!

Today's Plan
    Breakfast
    1 cup Oatmeal
    1 Lg Banana
    Snack
    100g Yogurt
    1 Kiwi
    Lunch
    1 cup Cheddar & Broccoli Soup
    1 oz Cheddar
    1 slice W/W Bread
    1 tbsp ICBINB
    Snack
    2 Fat Free Rice Cakes
    3 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
    Dinner
    1 md Chicken Breast
    2 tbsp Honey Dijon Marinade
    1 Baked Potato
    2 tbsp Sour Cream
    1 cup Broccoli
    1 cup 2% Milk
    Dessert
    1 Mini Fat Free Read Dairy Milk Shake Pop
    Snack
    2 cups Light Buttered Popcorn

Water
    1500 mL (bottle x3)

Exercise
    Walking! I'm going to brave the cold. Tomorrow is a gym day. I'm going to try for about 30-45 minutes today, but I might retire to finish my walking inside today as it's really cold and snowy.

Totals
    Cals
    Fat
    Carbs
    Protein
  • Hun.e.B:

Quote:
    Jasmine you are doing so great!! Way to go on that walking, that is simply incredible. I would venture to guess that the scale is only reflecting the nachos. I dont know about you, but for me it takes a good day or 2 for salt to show its ugly head on the scale. Couple good days of water and its gone again. Do you take measurements too?
    Thanx sweetie! Well I know it was because I was bad for that few days there. Remember sat nite was out to eat at dennys with steak and shrimp and salad and potato and butter and sour cream and croutone, then sunday was enchiladas and I had two when my tummy told me I could stop at one but they were soooo good! Then monday instead of my reg lunch i had an enchilada! dinner was chicken legs and tuesday was halloween with two cupcakes and two servings of lasagna, arrgghhhhh!!! So I know why it has been slow, it has been my own fault. haha Good thing I got in 565 minutes of walking this week! I did get back on plan wed and was good these last few days so all in all I am down today now 1.5 pounds since last sunday. So yeah I am still doing okay. I know I would of been better if I had limited myself more but at least I am still losing and it was a nice lil break!

I have not taken any measurements yet but I will ask my hubby to help me find the tape tonite!

Quote:
    Had a weird night with food last night. My family was craving Taco Bell, so I told myself "alright self, if you are gonna have an off night have something better than Taco Bell!" So I got myself some lo mein from the chinese place. And for whatever reason it just didnt taste that good to me. Normally I could eat the whole container, and dont get me wrong I still had about half of it but I mostly just picked out the veggies and chicken. Weird. Luckily dh finished it off last night so i dont have it tempting me this morning! I have a day chalk full of homework ahead of me! Have a fantastic Saturday challengers!

~melissa
    Well that is good you only ate the half! I would be mad that it didnt taste good though. Homework? Yuck! Good luck!!

martiniforme:

Quote:
    Way to go on defeating T.B.! The veggies and chicken are way better than a fried burrito. I have to admit I love when the veggies and chicken are just drenched, but they are still way better than a fried burrito and all that processed cheese!
    Just be careful with all the sodium in soy sauce!

martiniforme:

Quote:
    Hehehe, we've tried to squeeze in a couple of times. He just sits there with the faucet sticking in his back, he's such a sweetheart!

BTW, way to go on cutting the ticket down more than half of the amount
    !

He sounds great! Thanx about the ticket. That is alot more feasible!!

Hun.e.B:

Quote:
    Jasmine...where in MT are you planning to move?
    His family lives in Bozeman and Gallatin Gateway.

SarahMahfoud:

Quote:
    Hi all. Im not doing too good with the weight loss. Ive been eating way too much. Im really bumbed out because my knees and legs have really been hurting since I began running on the treadmill. Im trying to take a couple days break from using the treadmill. I dont know if its my running shoes or what but I cant afford new ones right now.
    Awww I am sorry to hear that! Running can be strenuous on the body. I would recommend walking. It is alot lower impact and still I have had great success with it!!

martiniforme:

Quote:
    Today was MUCH more fabulous than yesterday. I did not have a SINGLE slip-up! This is a very big victory for me. It seemed like everytime I opened my pantry, all this junk food would be staring me right in the face, it felt almost taunting. Well, I fixed that! I went through all the cupboards and the pantry, and removed all the foods that will only hurt me and my goal. I put them all in a cupboard above the fridge (where I can't reach them without a step ladder), and just having them out of sight was a major help.
    That is a great idea! I am the same way too. Once in a while I will have snacks around for the kids and him for a treat but if I don't see it I won't be tempted! My weakness is chips though so i try not to have them around at all. Once a month I get the kids a bag but they like the cheese puffs for the liler kids and the older two like the hot cheetos. Yuck! No thanx! The puffs I actually wouldnt mind but it just aint worth it for me. I adore doritos, sour cream and onion, bar b q, etc. If the kids have a birthday or someone else does I enjoy the day and indulge, but I won't have them every month!

It has really helped me having healthier snacks around. Pretzels, low fat popcorn, fruit, yogurt, etc. I even went and got some sugar free jello I might make tonite!

sugarbaby269:

Quote:
    Today has been craaazy! But, I had a super duper time at scrap city! Grabbed me a FF coffee/mocha on the way over and set up my stuff. Lunch wasn't until 1:00pm so I was so hungry I had to eat some of the leftover Halloween candy they left out. (Two chocolates, not too bad) and a couple of gross tasting prezels that were trying to taste like the candy corn they were bagged with. LOL Thank goodness I'm not a candy corn lover. Luckily the food was layed out buffet style and we could add our own dressing. YAY! So I had about 1/3 of the lasagna and salad with minimal dressing and allowed myself two crutons? Sounds crazy I know. It does to me too. AAAAnd When I got home, I made hamburgers for dinner, only the meat that my son picked up from the grocery store (Dear STINKING Alberson's.. and they really do stink in their meat dept) was bad so we ended up having to go replace it and on and on an on and I just got things cleaned up. I had a few french fries as this is my "wild and free day" but they really tasted gross. I drank DIET soda..... which is something I can see myself getting used to now and then. I also tried the pumpkin chocolate loaf I made. Get this, I used only 1/5 of the oil that the recipe called for and substituted the other with applesauce and it was so moist. But.. .I didn't like it. Gross! Pumpkin spice and chocolate don't mix well. I'd rather eat just regular pumpkin bread. I also had some fritos... and breakfast was a fast protien with carrots. LOL I wanted to start the day out right. No exercise today unfortunately. I didn't get to the mall to walk in time. No weight loss either.... Tomorrow will be a better day.
    BUT!!! The wonderful thing about to day besides Scrapping and Olive Garden and Coffe and etc. was the fact that the ladies from CM had a massager lady come in and we all got a massage for 10-15 minutes. OH WOW it was great. My Mum paid to have mine done and I decided that it was totally worth the 8 bucks she spent on me. LOL '
    Oh dear this post is too long.... so sorry.
    Long post are great! Have you seen mine lately? I know what ya mean about the french fries. I told myself that i am going to try to get fresher ones if I am going to splurge. Usually the ones at like a charbroiled place are a bit better than say mcdonalds or carls jr, so I have decided if I only have one day a week to splurge that I should make it worth while at a place that serves great burgers and fries! Not those nasty fast food chains!

The massage sounds heavenly!

Quote:
    Sorry Ladies but I don't know how to copy and paste so I just wanted to let you know Jasmine that I'm glad the ticket was knocked down and you will be able to make payments. We are in a bind here financially too right now because of my cancer from last year and all the bills. We are hoping to sell the house and get out of debt, yada yada yada but the housing market is like a mortuary right now. I know I didn't spell that right. Hehe. Good for you for getting back on track with you calorie intake!!
    Thanx about the ticket! I am relieved too!!

To copy / paste:

with your mouse see where it says your name? Scroll over that with your mouse, use the left click on your mouse button to highlight it, once you do that, rightclick it should say a bunch of stuff including "copy" select "copy", then in your message, use your right click again and there should be a "paste " option. Use that. It should work!

What is going on with the cancer? Are you in the clear now?
    Yeah the housing market is scary. Thanx about the calories I am really proud I only slipped for a few days.

martiniforme:

Quote:
    No loss today, but no gain either! Yesterday was a day of no slip-ups, so that was my victory for the day.

Today's meals, I managed to get a load of protein in Check'r out!
    Yopu have been losing though so no gain is great!
    I looked at it it looks great! Have you tried low fat sour cream yet? I also found that imperial butter ahs a 1/3 less fat butter as well! I see your fat grams was 82, what is the % though? It is looking pretty good thoiugh!

Don't you feel better now you are eating cleaner?

I'll brbr with how I am doing!
  • Okay so Sat. turned out pretty good. I have been really craving bean and cheese burritos though and I know when I get like that I will binge if I don't get what I want so I decided to work them in to fitday instead of doing another chicken veggie rice day.

Okay so we have been running low on fruit that is why just one piece yesterday and the day before. But I got more on sat plus I am going to the big store monday! I had:

1 apple
    32 oz of coffee
    5tbs of creamer
    1 slimfast low carb shake
    2 slices of whole wheat bread
    1 tbs of smuckers all natural peanut butter
    1 oz of mozarella cheese
    2 small soft taco size flour tortillas
    1 cup of rosarita beans
    1/3 a cup of home made guacamole sauce with tomatoes
    1/3 a cup of plain rice

So I ended up at

1515 cals
    32% fat
    49% carbs
    18% protein

Pretty good!! Today is my red meat and potatos day. Hooray! I also had a small victory. When I was out in town the other day i smelled the hamburgers and I wanted one so bad! But i told myself that is fine, but you already ate out at taco bell this week! SO you can have it, you just have to wait til next week! Then I told myself why not make them on sunday for our red meat nite! That way I can be in control of how fatty the meat is! I think it is rediculous that most hamb meat is 22 grams of fat per serving! I get the one that is 4% fat per serving! Makes alot of difference!!

1.8 apples
    .90 orange
    .50 a grapefruit
    .90 banana
    4oz of 4% fat ground beef
    1 oroweat potato bun
    1 slimfast low carb shake
    32 oz of coffee
    5 tbs of creamer
    1 slice of american cheese
    1 cup of mashed potatoes(made with low fat butter and milk)
    ,50 cup of carrots
    .50 cup of brocolli
    2 slices of whole wheat bread
    1 tbs of smuckers peanut butter

= 1615 cals
    26% fat
    53% carbs
    21% protein

Not bad at all!!! I may or may not add in some pretzels or popcorn later. I am taking the kids to the liquor store to get a treat and if I want I might get that. We'll see.
  • SO I wanted to recommend to anyone that is doing shakes to try the slimfast low carb one. It has only 1 gram of sugar, old slimfast had 33 grams! , the new optima which I do like has 17 grams , which is better, but ya cant beat 1 gram of sugar! It also has only 6 carbs, protein is also 20 grams instead of 10 like the old shake.

I also wanted to recommend the smuckers all natural peanut butter.

It has only peanuts and salt in it. No trans fat. It also has only 1 gram of sugar in it. I tried it yesterday for the first time and you do have to stir it up and keep it in the fridge and it taste a lil bit different cause it has less sugar, but I likesd it! Reg p.b. has I believe 3 grams of sugar.

Does anyone else just love potato buns for burgers? I do! I ate them years ago at Cocos and I get the oroweat ones and they are always so soft and fluffy, I just love them! Almost like having a gourmet burger!
  • I forgot to report my stats! I was finally down .75 pounds this am which means I am down 1.50 pounds from last sunday! Hooray! I am not going to be disappointed this week and last was 1.5 each instead of 2.5 like I wanted. I am still losing and that is better than not losing at all! I plan on losing 2.5 pounds by next sunday though!

I also walked 565 minutes this week! 7 days / 565 = an average of 80 minutes a day! Whoohooo! That is why even though I got off to a bad start I still lost! yeah!!
  • Quote: I see your fat grams was 82, what is the % though? It is looking pretty good thoiugh!

Don't you feel better now you are eating cleaner?
    Fat: 37%
    Carbs: 40%
    Protein: 23%

And yes, I feel a TON better these days! I'm even sleeping better!

Today I almost caved. I was doing the dishes after dinner, and I sat there for the entire 45 minutes arguing with myself in my head about why I should eat a choclate bar, and then why I shouldn't. I decided after I was done those dishes that it was time to leave the kitchen. I almost caved earlier, and had to make Shaun take a chocolate bar away from me.

When I sit there and ask myself why do I want the chocolate so bad, and why do I like it, I can't really come up with an answer. I can't think of what precisely it is about chocolate I like. The taste is good, but alot of tastes are better (and healthier). It doesn't fill me up. The best I could come up with was, "Because I want to." It was pretty sad. I'm a little disappointed, but I managed to stay away. Now I'm tired and cranky because of the seemingly endless battle I had today with the chocolate, and I hate that.

Tomorrow is a new day, and is a gym day. Right now because I feel so worn down my mind keeps trying to come up with reasons why I shouldn't go. But I know deep down that I should, and I will.

Goodnight all.

~Mande

P.S. Where is everyone this weekend?
  • Quote: I also walked 565 minutes this week! 7 days / 565 = an average of 80 minutes a day! Whoohooo! That is why even though I got off to a bad start I still lost! yeah!!
    Great time! 80 minutes a day, that's pretty great!!
  • Quote:
    Fat: 37%
    Carbs: 40%
    Protein: 23%
    Okay I know you need to do one step at a time but I did want to let ya know that you may want to try to get your fat % to 30%. Your carbs to 50% and protein at 20% I hesitate even saying this cause I don't want you to think I am bossy or trying to tell ya what to do with your body etc. But I wanted to say it cause I am sure you are just trying to do your best to see what works for ya just like I am trying to do for me. We do need fats in our systems we can't cut all them out. I know it is best to try to get them from better sources whenever we can. i.e. no trans fats or sat. fats. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is great for that and so is avocado and some nuts. They are the healthy fats that actually protect uis. yes they are still fattening so we must be cautious but they don't damage like the other fats. I have chosen the 30% for me. Some days it is high up in the 30's and some days low in the teens, but usually it evens out to about 30% a week average. Lately I have been thinking of trying to keep it low teens to no more than 25%. We'll see how that works out for me.

From the womens health calculator:

Quote:
    Opinions vary greatly about the percentages of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins that should make up your diet.

Women need to consume healthy fats every day. Fats are an important source of essential fatty acids, vitamin E. It is important to consume sufficient Omega 3 oils such as fish and flax, and to reduce consumption of saturated fat found in red meats, and trans fat or hydrogenated oils found in processed foods.

One serving is equal to one teaspoon. Women need up to 7 servings of healthy fats per day, which are already found in much of the food we eat.

Sources for healthy fats include fish, flax, seeds, nuts, vegetable oils like olive oil, peanut oil, and safflower oil.
    martiniforme:

Quote:
    And yes, I feel a TON better these days! I'm even sleeping better!
    That is great!!

Quote:
    Today I almost caved. I was doing the dishes after dinner, and I sat there for the entire 45 minutes arguing with myself in my head about why I should eat a choclate bar, and then why I shouldn't. I decided after I was done those dishes that it was time to leave the kitchen. I almost caved earlier, and had to make Shaun take a chocolate bar away from me.

When I sit there and ask myself why do I want the chocolate so bad, and why do I like it, I can't really come up with an answer. I can't think of what precisely it is about chocolate I like. The taste is good, but alot of tastes are better (and healthier). It doesn't fill me up. The best I could come up with was, "Because I want to." It was pretty sad. I'm a little disappointed, but I managed to stay away. Now I'm tired and cranky because of the seemingly endless battle I had today with the chocolate, and I hate that.

Tomorrow is a new day, and is a gym day. Right now because I feel so worn down my mind keeps trying to come up with reasons why I shouldn't go. But I know deep down that I should, and I will.

Goodnight all.

~Mande

P.S. Where is everyone this weekend?
    Well I wonder if something you are eating is still triggering you. Sometimes when you ahve a little bit of sugar it makes your body want more. That is great that you withstood the temptation!!! Hooray!

Well I went looking for stuff for you and now I am even more confused than before and I am so ready to just quit eating altogether! Some of you know that both my parents are dead at 52 and 65 due to problems with diabetes. SO the scare of that is one of my biggest motivators.

I have heard that white bread, white flour, white rice etc is just as bad for you as table sugar. That instead we need to have 100% whole wheat and brown rice and brown this and that etc to infinity. So I have made alot of changes and have white bread sparingly. Now I went and looked for something and now I see it says that even the 100% whole wheat bread might be bad for me too! I am so mad!!! I have read if we eat too much protein it can affect our kidneys, too much fat well that is obvious, too little carbs and then we are on atkinds and you know how dangerous that can be. i am just so tired of all this crap. It just seems that no matter what we do it isn;t good enough! I am very frustrated.

wheat bread

Quote:
    Whole Wheat Bread is Very Glycemic
    Question: I thought it was good to eat whole grains. Some lower carb diets even encourage them. But you seem to be saying that eating whole grain bread is no better than sugar. Are you saying that nutritionists don’t know what they are talking about? Also, what about low carb breads? (The writer was responding to my article about complex carbohydrates which describes products made with flour, even whole grain flour, as digesting as rapidly, or even more rapidly, than some sugars.)

Answer: For people who respond well to low carb diets, it’s important to sort out the nutritional value of a food from its affect on blood sugar. For someone who is (take your pick as they mean similar things): sensitive to sugar, prediabetic, Type 2 diabetic, insulin resistant, or has metabolic syndrome, keeping blood glucose stable is an important priority for health.
    Sponsored Links

How to Lower Blood SugarDiabetes Breakthrough Really Works 99% Type 2 and 64% Type 1 SuccessMicroNutra.com

Official South Beach DietEat delicious foods & lose weight! Recipes, Meal Plans, shopping listswww.SouthBeachDiet.com

Manage Diabetes NaturallySugar Free Psyllium Fiber Products For Type 2 Diabetes. Order Online!www.Konsyl.com
    In that way, it’s not much different from any condition that is treated by diet – tradeoffs must be made. Someone who is allergic to wheat, for example, can still eat a balanced, healthy diet without causing their body harm. So can someone who strives for stable, normal levels of blood sugar.

It’s definitely true that whole wheat flour is much more nutritious than refined (“white”) flour. If you tolerate sugar well, definitely choose the 100% whole grain bread – it has more fiber and all kinds of nutrients. But whole wheat and white bread have essentially the same impact on blood sugar, which is to say you might as well be eating a big spoonful of sugar. Another way of saying this is that most bread has a high glycemic index. On the other hand, if you can find bread which is specifically designed to be low in carbohydrates, this can be a good choice for a low carb diet – these specialty breads usually substitute more fiber for the starchy part of the wheat.

Note that if you don’t grind the wheat grain into flour, you are much better off, as it takes the body much longer to digest it, so it doesn’t cause as large a spike in blood glucose. In other words, “whole” grains should ideally be truly “whole” when eaten.

Since different people’s bodies handle sugars more or less well, it’s important to zero in on your ideal carbohydrate level. Some people do fine as long as they stay away from rapidly-digested carbs altogether. Others can eat a little bit. For people who don’t monitor their blood glucose with a home monitor, carb cravings and weight gain are two of the markers of eating in a way that spikes their blood glucose too much. Others may feel “fuzzy headed” or tired, or have other negative symptoms.

There aren't any nutrients in grains that you can't find in many other foods. Many baked goods can be made from nut flours and flax seed meal, without the rise in blood sugar (and corresponding rise in insulin).
    I am really upset now!!!
  • Oh i was wondering where everyone is too! Guess its just you and me kid.
  • Jasmine:
    Quote:
    Okay I know you need to do one step at a time but I did want to let ya know that you may want to try to get your fat % to 30%. Your carbs to 50% and protein at 20% I hesitate even saying this cause I don't want you to think I am bossy or trying to tell ya what to do with your body etc.
    I don't think you're being bossy at all! I crave this information!! And it's really, really helpful. I try to take everything that I've learned and work it in, and it's getting a bit easier, and it doesn't take me as long to plan my day each day that I do it. I did a bit better for tomorrow 33% Fat, 42% Carb, and 25% Protein. After reading your dilemma about carbs, I may talk to my doc about keeping my carbs a bit lower.

Quote:
    Well I wonder if something you are eating is still triggering you. Sometimes when you ahve a little bit of sugar it makes your body want more. That is great that you withstood the temptation!!! Hooray!
    Funny you should mention that... I did fit a choclate bar in to my diet today because I hadn't had one in a few days. I think that might have been the mistake. That's when I started fighting with myself. I love myself, I hate when we fight lol.

Quote:
    Well I went looking for stuff for you and now I am even more confused than before and I am so ready to just quit eating altogether! Some of you know that both my parents are dead at 52 and 65 due to problems with diabetes. SO the scare of that is one of my biggest motivators.

I have heard that white bread, white flour, white rice etc is just as bad for you as table sugar. That instead we need to have 100% whole wheat and brown rice and brown this and that etc to infinity. So I have made alot of changes and have white bread sparingly. Now I went and looked for something and now I see it says that even the 100% whole wheat bread might be bad for me too! I am so mad!!! I have read if we eat too much protein it can affect our kidneys, too much fat well that is obvious, too little carbs and then we are on atkinds and you know how dangerous that can be. i am just so tired of all this crap. It just seems that no matter what we do it isn;t good enough! I am very frustrated.

wheat bread

I am really upset now!!!
    I'm very hesitant about what I read online. It's all so conflicting, and generic. I like to talk to my doctor about this kind of stuff because she knows me, and she doesn't base her responses on the average yadda yadda yadda. I would talk to your doc about this, especially because he/she knows about your medical history, and that of your parents.

Quote:
    Oh i was wondering where everyone is too! Guess its just you and me kid.
    Apparently, hahaha. This was the hardest weekend food-wise I've ever had, so I spent a lot of time on here trying to occupy my thoughts

~Mande
  • Well I'm here finally. What a lousy evening I had. I have the worst family members... no I don't I just have very high anxiety inducing family members who are fat phobic gossipers and love to talk bad about my kids and my family. I'm so mad!!!!! To have the nerve to talk bad about me in front of my daughter and then start in on my son! DD didn't know what to do and was so upset. After all, she's only 10. Good grief! Sorry I'm venting but all this stupidity almost made me go for the donuts that my kids brought home after being with the "family". Did I say Adam's family? I didn't give in to the donut I'm happy to say. I drank water instead.

Mande cheers to you in not giving in to that candy bar! I was thinking like jasmine that maybe something was triggering it. I noticed when I eat a lot of carbs or sugar that I want more. I finally did what you did and asked myself why? No good reason. Now I try to ask myself what fulfillment will I have afterwards. I pretty much know it will lead to another craving and then another and then maybe a binge. I don't want to do that. I ask myself if I'm thirsty or hungry because sometimes I am and I just need to eat or drink some water. I have some diet jello on hand and I'm no sugar free fan of anything but lately I've been really developing a taste for sugar free jello and it's TASTY!! Even the diet rootbeer I had yesterday was good tasting. I think I'm finally seeing that I will be able to adjust to this diet world after all!! Anyway, maybe that would help a sugar craving. They do have sugar free chocolate but you have to watch the fat grams in those things. You could try that too.

jasmine
    Soo soo sorry to hear about your parents! I would be really motivated diet wise if my parents had had diabetes too. What a terrible disease to have. Speaking of disease, the cancer that I was diagnosed with having in spring of 05 was fallicular lymphoma. It's a non hogkinsons cancer and it's not curable but treatable for a an average of 10 years. I had an intense cocktail of chemo for about 5 months and went into remission where I'd just better stay, thank you very much! I feel so much better and I'm trying to get my body into shape from all the sterioids and garbage that it went through. PLus I'm fat on top of all of that. My doctor said that my metabolism should be kicking in now that it's been over a year and I can see that it is. Earlier this year I tried to exercise for at least 1hour a day and many times 2 hours but my body couldn't handle it and it took 31/2 months just to lose 4 pounds. I was so discouraged that I quit. But things are looking better now and I'm ready to have a life.

You know, my sister is a nurse and she always is scolding me for getting medical information off the net. I have found some great sites for my cancer as well as other sites too. I was looking into liver detoxing at one point. Jasmine I think you just need to take a balance in whatever you do and just keep adding better whole foods into your diet. White flours and sugars are known to be so unhealthy. I have heard sprouted wheat bread is the best. It's so hard to know what to do. Like mande said, maybe just talking it over with your doctor or a naturopath or dietician might help you. You never know... the next thing you know we'll all be grazing out in the back pasture cause nothing is good for us even the grass... This is where my faith in God kicks in and I just have to trust him to keep me until it's my time, ya know? We can only do so much to make ourselves healthy. I can sure understand your frustration though. But on a brighter note, you ought to be totally commended for all that exercising you've been doing! MY WORD! I need to get that much in. You must feel great all the way around!