Christmas trees are out already!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • It's bad enough that some Christmas stuff is already on the shelves and the stores are decorating for it.

Can we have Halloween first?

I think it is wwaaayyyyy too soon to put out trees that have to be watered.
  • I remember last year, going to Wal-Mart early in the morning, the day afer Christmas, and they already had Valentine's Day stuff out!

• How awful!
  • Yeah I was shocked to see Christmas stuff out already too. Although I must say I've been thinking about what to do for Thanksgiving for a few weeks now...

but I'm an obsessive planner.
  • My DH works at a 'major home improvement chain' , and they've had their Christmas ornaments & outdoor decorations up since Columbus Day!

It's WAY too early IMHO
  • Part of me says you can never celebrate the birth of Christ too early ~ another part of me says that "obviously" Christmas has lost it's meaning to a lot of folks.

HOMEBOUND ~ my son had Phil 4:13 on the back of his varsity lettermen's jacket!
  • Quote: Part of me says you can never celebrate the birth of Christ too early ~ another part of me says that "obviously" Christmas has lost it's meaning to a lot of folks.
    Amen to that Gary!
  • Gary, do I need to apologize to you?
    Quote: Part of me says you can never celebrate the birth of Christ too early
    I was in no way referring to the "reason for the season". ITA with you about celebrating the birth of Christ.

I was referring to all the decorations as well as the fact that buying a tree this early is begging for a fire.

Again, I'm sorry if I insulted you or anyone else who believes. Oh, and yes I believe.
  • I Was Not Insulted In Any Way What So Ever Mare! I Was Just Saying What I Felt About The Christmas Decorations Being Out Before Halloween ~ I Remember When We Used To Feel Insulted Because They Were Out Before Thanksgiving!

Xxxooo ~ Gary
  • I guess I have worked in retail too long. Ten years! But I am used to seeing Christmas decorations arriving in the stores around August. Heck there is only 58 more shopping days until Christmas!!! I have already bought my lights for my house this year.
  • Well, I did see a truck loaded with trees pass me on the 401 last week. Yick!
  • It definitely does feel weird to see decorations when there's absolutely no snow on the ground! As much as I love Christmastime, it doesn't need to be 3 months long.
  • I used to work in a bakery that made holiday cookies for large grocery outlets. We made halloween cookies in July!!

Never understood that! Decorations and ornaments and such ok....edible food such as cookies? Crazy.
  • I have a jump on the holiday season. As I had mentioned in another thread, I never took my Christmas tree down. I just have to scoot it back in front of the bay window and plug it in and I'm all set. I plan to start my shopping next week.
    I would never consider buying a real tree this earlly because of the fire hazard.
  • I saw a tree up in someone's living room on Saturday!!!!!!! All plugged in and with fairy lights twinkling away!