remember me?

• hello everyone! and hello all new people!

yes, i disappeared once again. i have a good reason this time though. i got a job! i'm working as a para professional in the special ed program at the early childhood center here in town. its exhausting but its the greatest (though most heart breaking) job in the world!! we have multi disability pre-k and k age kids in our class. i have fallen in love with nearly every one of them and want to take them home with me. what fun that would be.

on the weight front i have been maintaining a 6 pound range...for the last 4 or 5 months. so while its not losing at least its not gaining.

i also got a new car!! its a 2007 toyota corolla LE. i love it. things are finally starting to look up for us. i'm finally starting to be able to manage my time a little better and decided it was time to start trying to be a part of the forum once again...even if its only ever so often.
  • Welcome back Shelly. Glad to hear things are going well for you.
  • Yes, remember you ~ welcome back. Glad things are going better for you lately.
  • back Shelly

Of course I remember you!

Glad to hear things are looking up in your life and I know you'll do great on your re-focusing!

And CONGRATS on maintaining all this time...that is an amazing accomplishment!!!

Linda
  • Welcome back Shelly! I was AWOL until recently so I can't say I remember you, but I do look forward to seeing more posts from you!!
  • I remember you too!! Welcome.. sounds like things are going great Maintaining is half the battle..

-Aimee
  • I remember you as well! back Shelly!
  • thanks everyone! i've decided that while i'm glad i've been maintaining i'm tired of ONLY maintaining and its time to once again give it another go. my internet connection is really bad and will hardly load the 3fc site anymore so i'm gonna try to participate from work.
  • back, Shelly! Congratulations on the new job, and the new car.

My granddaughter (my avatar), who is in kindergarten this year, is a special needs kid, and I know how incredible she is so I can relate to your feelings.
  • Sheila- i can't believe how big your granddaughter is getting and she's as adorable as can be! the teacher i'm working with is who my son had last year for his special ed labs. she's great! i think that because i am so comfortable with her and these kids (some of the ones in here are also in my daughters headstart class and i volunteered at the headstart last year quite a bit) is part of the reason i am loving my job so much.
  • How did I miss there!! Course I remember you!! Welcome back!!
  • Welcome back Shelly! Congrats on the maintaining - that in itself is a HUGE accomplishment! Happy to hear things are going well for you...Loving your job is one of the most important things in life!