Wednesday weigh-in

• ok ladies,
    I dropped 2 lbs this week...anything is better than a gain.
  • I'm down 5.8 since last Wednesday (just started lifestyle change - weight coming off quickly for now)
  • I forgot to check what my weight was last Wednesday (I'm a daily weigher and I log each morning's weight), but I'm guessing it was 139 as I've been hovering there for a couple of weeks. This morning I'm down to 138, so that is a 1 pound loss for the week!
  • My daily "unofficial" scale is up and down by a pound and a half or two pounds every day, but trending downward. I'm going to resist the urge to step on the friend's official scale until the scheduled weigh-in next week. Will let you know and update ticker then.
  • yay for us!!!!
    For the daily weighers...A client of mine (who has lost 90+ pounds) has lost her last 35 pounds working with a body building trainer. What they suggested was a daily weigh-in and at the end of the week to take an average the weights to get your weight for the week. By doing this the ups and downs are accounted for.
    I've thought about doing this because my weight fluctuates a lot during the course of a week...and I'm an obsessive weigher anyway
    I started my cycle yesterday, so I'm hoping the scale is even better next week.
    Thanks for joining me ladies....I needed this boost.
    big hugs
    Tracy
  • Monday I was 145.8, yesterday it was 145.4, and this morning was 143.6. YAY! Looks like my weekend bloat is going away. Either way, I'm changing that ticker to reflect it.

That's a good idea about averaging. I am a dedicated daily weigher because I REFUSE to regain any weight. It was too hard to lose.
  • I'm going to have to look into this averaging thing. I've been tracking my weight daily since joining in January, so it will be interesting to see the weekly averages. Something to do when I get home.
  • The averaging is a great idea - I'll definitely add that to the data I keep on my weight.

My DH tried to talk me out of daily weigh-in's but I calmly (ok, not so calmly - I might have gotten shrieky) explained to him that while my weight may still go down each week, my age goes UP - and every day counts in my race to pregnancy. Going a whole week to see how I'm progressing would feel like so much wasted time to me. While if I know a few days are looking bad, I can adjust - either mentally, or in my food and exercise.
  • Weekly Average weight
    Okay, with the averaging thing....I went home, looked back at all my weight records back to January, threw it all on an Excel spreadsheet and then took 7 day averages. During all this time, my average almost consistently went down. Only 10 times in the past 39 weeks did the average for the week go up, and those 10 times, the average only went up a slight amount--never more than 2 pounds (highest was 1.7 pounds), and usually closer to less than half a pound. I guess I'm doing something right! It really puts it into perspective!