How many different diets have you tried?

• I just wondered what everyone else has tried...

I have tried
    South Beach
    Metabolic Research
    Atkins
    Grapefruit Diet
    Eat every-other-day Diet
    No Processed Foods Diet
    Sugar Busters Diet
    Slim Fast Diet
    Eat Only When You're Truly Hungry Diet (Also called the Weigh-Down Diet, written by a christian woman who believes that God made our bodies in their perfectness and if we let them, our bodies will work perfectly for us.)
    Plus a hand-ful of other diets...

Finally discovered what works for me: My Own Self Devised Plan Diet.

How bout the rest of you? What different diets have you tried? And what finally is working for you?
  • Hi Beach Patrol!!

I've tried:

Atkins
    Slimfast
    Cabbage Soup
    I've tried taking diet suppliments and appetite suppressants

And finally I've joined Weight Watchers and it's working for me!!!
  • I've tried the following:

Atkins
    South Beach
    The Zone
    starvation (under 600 calories a day)
    Slim-Fast
    intuitive eating
    Weight Watchers
    counting calories
    cabbage soup diet
    following USDA food pyramid guidelines
    Mediterranean diet

The only thing that has EVER worked for me is counting calories or WW points. For some reason, I do really well with WW points. As soon as I stop tracking what's going into my mouth, though, I gain the weight back. So this time I just accepted the fact that I will ALWAYS have to watch what's going into my mouth and work out like a demon (luckily I've really started to like working out).
  • The only thing I've ever done is counting calories and fat grams. My mom worked for a weight doctor when I was growing up, and that's what they had their patients doing (along with appetite suppressants) so that's all I've ever known. I've taken the appetite suppressants on two occasions and they worked both times, but the weight didn't stay off for long after I stopped taking them.

So, calorie and fat gram counting is what's working for me now.

• Hmmm.....Let's see.......

Smoking (really stupid......when I was a young adult)
    Starvation (but not for very long)
    Slim Fast
    Low Fat/High Fiber diet
    Atkins
    Sugar Busters
    Counting Calories (not very good at this)

Lost weight on every diet but............not for long!

What's worked? For me, portion control and walking.

I'm much wiser now!
  • I have tried:
    Slimfast
    Dexatrim
    Phen/Fen- lost 90 lbs. regained 87 when I quit taking these.
    Low Fat
    Low Calorie
    Weight Watchers-lost 31 lbs. regained when I gave up measuring things.
    Cabbage soup diet
    Atkins- My current plan and the only one that I have ever successfully reached my goal on. Plus, maintaining now for 3 1/2 months. I should add that I tweaked it to include extra whole grains and fruits to keep me satisfied with the way I eat.
  • Calorie counting
    Chocolate bar meal replacements
    Slim fast
    Skipping breakfast and lunch (worked for a while but then I got hungry!)
    Slim fast again, worked this time and gave me a kick into calorie counting and healthy eating
    more calorie counting
    Oh Rosemary Connely's hip and thigh diet, I think I may have done the F plan with my mother, but I can't remember!

My mum did the Complan diet off and on, I remember she seemed so glamourous taking these special bars and soups to work. No wonder my relationship with food isn't a healthy one!
  • Slimfast (Lost and gained for about 2 years on this)
    Starving (Lost 40 regained it all and then some while pregnant)
    Green Tea pills (lost 30 and regained it soon after)
    Xenadrine (lost 15, gained 20)
    South Beach (lost 30 regained 40)
    Calorie counting (Lost and kept off 60some lbs so far )
  • I've tried:

Weight Watchers
    OA/HOW
    many variations of low-fat
    a few variations of low-carb
    no sugar
    3-day diet
    cabbage-soup diet
    health clubs
    diet pellets
    Slim*Fast
    calorie counting
    food combining

Currently, I've been leaning towards a Mediterranean diet with healthy carbs, and it's working!
  • *sigh* a few, but nowhere near all....

counting calories (currently, and did it previously)
    weight watchers (core and points)
    GI Diet
    Starvation
    Slim Fast
    Calorie Cycling/Starvation (4-6-8 "plan")

and a couple silly kinda ones invented by highschool girls, in highschool....
  • My first diet:
    1 meal a day and Jogged 30 minutes after I ate. Lost 30 pounds then regained it all plus some after I saw how bad I looked.

Pregnancy! really I lost 25 pounds in the first 20 weeks and barely made it back to my starting weight, after I had the baby I was 40 pounds less than when I started. but I gained it all back

Slimfast (2 weeks)
    Atkins (1 week)

Now calorie cycling, It is working so far. I don't think I can ever go back to the foods I was eating, not on a regular basis anyway.
  • *slim fast
    *ephedra and working double shifts {simultaneously}
    *slim fast again
    *modified TOPS group plan
    *TOPS again
    *Slim fast {yea, again}
    *Pregnancy {another one who loses while pg but gains it and a few extra back}
    *Working 15 hour shifts & eating once a day because that's all I had time for
    *walking 10 miles a day in 100 degree heat and eating every other day or when I remembered to {PPD}
    *calorie counting

and now, I'm basically working my own plan and it seems to be doing me some good. Not alot going on with the scale, in fact it went WAY up when I first went off the calorie counting but it's going back down slowly and I'm seeing alot of NSVs in the areas of stamina, muscle, and overall health and condition
  • I've only tried making it up for myself. I never found a "commercial" diet I thought I'd be able to stick to, so I never tried them. It was only when I started making healthy changes one by one that I realised that I didn't need to.
  • -Slimfast
    -Atkins
    -Sorta WW (someone gave me the points book)
    -South Beach

I also did a couple other "plans" for health reasons,
    -Yeast Connection
    -Wild Rose Detox
    -something simular to Yeast Connection - no sugar/processed foods/caffiene/dairy

Whats working for me? Eat Right For Your Blood Type, and the main reason I'm doing it is health reasons again.

-Aimee