I Gotta Look Good In A Swimsuit Goal

• I am travelling to Nuevo Vallarta on November 19th!! My travel partners are all size 8 and under!!! I am a size 14.... I am currently 192 pounds, and I would like to be 180 by the time I leave!! That's 12 pounds in 33 days!? Do you think that's possible!?

• I hear that a weight loss of 2 pound or less per week is healthy. 33 days divided by 7 days equals 4 weeks and 5 days. That's about 9 lbs., which is pretty significant.

However, I think the way your clothes fit you is the better indicator. Exercising and lifting weights can trim your body and you may not necessarily lose lots of weight. However, muscle weighs more than fat and takes up less room....thus the looser clothing.

Eat healthy foods in healthy portions, exercise and lift weights. Take each day one at a time. You'll feel great. A person who feels good about herself has a aura of beauty around her!

Have a great time in Nuevo Vallarta and let us all know how your vacation went!
  • Thank you for your advice songbird! I appreciate it!! Taking it one day at a time is definitely the way to go...although for me, each day seems harder and harder!! I try to pre-plan my meals and it all goes to heck! haha! But I was proud of myself yesterday, I went out on a date, and didn't even have a sip of alcohol (one of my achiles heals!!)
  • went to weigh in at LAWL yesterday, ringing in at a big 189.2, but it's getting there, so I'm very happy with it. I even fit into a pair of jeans today that I haven't been able to wear for years!!
  • Good for you on both the scale victory and the NSVs! I've lost 12 pounds in the last 5 weeks, so it's possible!