Friends around the World # 14 - We're in McKenzie Country in NZ.

You're on Page 13 of 25
Go to
  • Happy Halloween Everyone!!
    Last Minute Change In Schedule And Willy Is Taking Us Food Shopping In A Few. The Other Bus Came Out Of The Shop!! See You All Later!!!
  • Hi peeps,

Back from Chicago. The drive up was horrid - a misty, drenching rain that kicked up alot of "fog" on the road. Couldn't see 2 car lengths in front of you. So many people don't have the common sense (and obey the law) to put their lights on in the rain. I was gritting my teeth several times. But we got there in one piece. My mom was stunned when we walked up to the door at my sister's house and rang the doorbell and said "trick or treat". It's like her brain couldn't trust what her eyes were seeing. It was so cute. The party the next day was fabulous. Everyone had the very best time. The food was delicious and we had a party room to ourselves so we could all mingle and not be distracted or interrupt other diners. We all kept commenting on how nice it was to see everyone again. Sunday we spent some time with my cousins - one of which is recovering from breast cancer. It opened my eyes to what a person really goes through. (The worst thing you can say is oh dear - you'll be all right, tut tut). We had a good time with them. Spent some time with mom and sister and family and before you know it - back on the road for a dry but boring drive back home. We did it in less than 8 hours which was good.

Waved to you CeeJay as we passed by your exit off of Interstate Highway 55. Or was it I-57?

I satisfied my cravings for milk (the closer you are to dairyland, the better the milk is), also had a wonderful Italian Beef sandwich and a few pieces of good old Chicago pizza from my favorite place. I ate well but I have to admit I did log it all with WW points as best as possible and I did cut back on portions and chose carefully where I'd spend my points. It was not an all out food fest. And I chose a LF yogurt and an apple for breakfast at the hotel instead of the delicious looking sweet rolls or fresh waffles (they had a free breakfast bar at the hotel). I do hope the self control pays off at weigh in today.

Sorry to have yammered all about me this morning. I have to get rolling, will come back tonight to catch up with all of you and comment.

• It is frozen outside. The furnace is on. My skin is turning to dry crackles. Tonight is the big night that my kids have been twittering, going to be mittens, tights and sweaters along with the costumes... brrrr! I take the kids door to door and hubby hands out the chips. Only concern is the dog, this will be his first Halloween and I think he should be locked up in a bedroom upstairs till its over. The cats in another bedroom. Too much crazed energy for them to handle. Taking my vitamins, eating kiwi from New Zealand and vowing to stay out of the kids haul tonight:P

Shad-Hope the party was a success and you are grinning hugely for your wonderful planning!

Mel-Joyful shopping, watch out for the crazies!

Happy-Welcome back home, glad you made it safely!

Ceejay-I hope your boss materializes

Holly-are your sputtering now after all your puttering? Schedule a coffee break and some sitting time in there

Suzi-glad you managed to keep your cool around the little miss at the party. The little dears have been brainwashed by the Simpsons television show to be selfish little crumbs, whoops, can you tell I am frantic to protect my kids from the culture which is intent on corrupting them? Mom power!!

Madcat-your poor hands, I hope they appreciate your band-aids and effort! Way to go on being so crafty
  • Morning all,
    Let the festivities begin. Went to the airport last night and picked up my sister, her daughter (henceforth known as DNR) and her son (DNS) and respective partner and wife. I dropped the sister at DB1's place and left her to it and then went on home picking up a meal as I went and the nieces and nephews ended up at my place as DS2 was going out to play touch football that night and the others wanted food more than cheering on a 30 year old galloping up and down a paddock. Wonder why. Anyway we chatted and got to know each other all over again and listened to the tales of the travellers and had to have a preview of DNS shopping expedition for clothes and DNK (DNS's wife) shoe shopping frenzy. Don't know how many pairs she bought, but they needed another suitcase to get up here. That's shopping!!! Melbourne is a great place to shop. Today I have one lot going to Brisbane City and one lot going to the Gold Coast and I will catch up with the sister at some point.
    I finished the majority of the painting yesterday so the hall is looking fresh with it's coat of yellow and white. I can go to Townsville reasonably content that I can get the flooring done when I get back from there. There will still be a bit of work to do on one wall.

Last night was Halloween. We really don't celebrate it here. Of course the commercial sector is trying hard to ensure we follow our American cousins into the festival and is pushing the sweets, pumpkins, costumes etc here. So far most people seem to be resisting it. At least most of the older ones are. As far as I know, I only had one bunch of kids here. While it is probably a fun thing, there are a couple of problems with it as I see it and none to do with the ancient traditions. First the obesity problems we already have here with children by the score and secondly, although they may be out in the fresh air enjoying walking from house to house and it's probably the most exercise they've had this month, there is no adult looking out for them in most cases. I live in a reasonably safe neighbourhood, there's lots of kids but there is also a whole raft of crazies out there and too many of our children get used and abused as it is. End of

Happy, so pleased that you surprised your Mum. How she must love having her chicks at home with her again. And I know what you mean about the dairy getting better going north. In our case it gets better going south. The dairy in NZ is superb compared to what we get here in the sub-tropics. So is the beef. Did it in 8 hours - is your driving getting better or are you just getting to know the road?

Mel's gone off food shopping. Take care and don't upset those shoulders and bones or nerve endings anymore.

Meadow - good to see you again and I just love your signature - how true. I had better go look at my signature because I don't think the measurements are very accurate at the moment.

Tig - Holly - Painter - Raven - Teel - Linus Hello.

I'd better get off here and go check out the kitchen for some breakfast. And very soon now, I am going to have to put some thought into what I will take to Townsville as well. Aaaarrrgggghhhhh - do I have to work? Can't I just be rich instead of beautiful? Do I hafta? Really? Just beginning to enjoy the life of the idle.
  • Time to post! And a Happy Halloween to all the Northies in our midst.

I have had a relatively quiet week, I have had time to potter around and really clean this poor little neglected house! It has been good. Now all there is to do is a pile of ironing due to all the washing. I love it when the house sparkles and smells fresh! I know I am weird!

While putting out the washing today I had a little epiphany. Has anyone every read the book Calicoe Bear, it's a lovely story about love and how it comes around. The book is dedicated to a little boy who namely we named our 2nd son after. In the Calicoe bear, the bear is getting old and he isn't needed anymore and so the mother makes him into a lovely quilt. Years later the quilt is found by the little boys daughter and she makes it into a calico bear , it's a lovely story. I was thinking about it as I was putting my DD's old quilt out for it's wash...it is in dire need of some repair. Just a lovely story to think about.

Shad it sounds as if you are well under way. Oh it's exciting. I hope everything runs smoothly for you. How lovely that you have organised this and were able to get everyone together. You are a sweet person. There is nothing like renewing old relationships, so fun. I hope the big surprise is GRAND
    Happy, it sounds like such a wonderful surprise for your Mum. What a treat. There is nothing like going home and sampling all those old favourites too.
    Wow, it's a long way eh? I am only just getting used to the long distance travel here in Aus. 8 hours was enough to take you from one end of the Island to the next in NZ. Good luck for the weight in today.

Meadow, how cute. I hope your kiddies have loads of fun tonight, i love those memories. We carved our first pumpkin last night for Halloween. As shad mentioned it isn't widely celebrated here and is just an excuse for the over 15's to muck about, they really get into mischief, every year it is the same. Our little jack o lantern glowed sweetly and we had a couple of visitors. I was concerned that some children were on their own without their parents. We live in a quiet neighbourhood but still.

Mel ...enjoy your shopping.

Ceejay, I know what you mean when it's quiet. i have times like that at work too. Just enjoy the peace.

Holly ...wow look at that huge list. I hope you acheived it all!! I probably would have the same sort of list if I wrote it all down. Have a super, non working but busy day!

Hello to all the other busy chicks.

Have super days
  • Wowie Kazowie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4.8 pounds people! YES!!!

I lost 4.8 pounds this week at weigh in. Part of me is a bit because you get a ribbon with a 5 pound loss for the week. Last week they told us we HAD to weigh with shoes on. This week we had a bunch of new people and they let them weigh with stocking feet. I could have made the stupid 5 pounds IF I COULD HAVE TAKEN MY SHOES OFF So I guess I'll just make my own ribbon

Forgive my unbridled enthusiasm but it's been so hard to get any weight off and to lose almost 5 pounds after I just got back from a weekend back home with milk, pizza, a burger or two, lots of Italian food, a Mexican meal and my beloved Italian Beef sandwich with the bread dipped in au jus is amazing to me. Perhaps I wasn't eating enough food prior to this. One thing I did differently was track EVERYTHING this past week including the vacation weekend. And I watched portions. And I told myself many, many times in order to say to other things. I did not mindlessly grab things and because I was tracking I gave far more thought to what I was putting in my mouth (also one of my committments to myself this week).

My faith has once again been restored in the Weight Watchers program - which I will admit I was not so sure would work for me this time around. I do see that planning and writing are core to success. And exercising. I did bring my swimsuit and take a 30 minute swim in the pool at the hotel 2 nights. I was going to use the fitness room but there were a bunch of unsupervised kids in there goofing around and I didn't feel like dealing with them. Oh and I also did not indulge in the bag of snacks I brought for the road trip - I stuck with yogurt, a handful of grapes and some trail mix that had dried cranberries, almonds, walnuts, and some yogurt drops. And I measured 1 handful and 1 only - unlike DH who fillled his hand, swallowed twice and it was gone. DH did enjoy many treats from the snack bag but I was not tempted although I did threaten him at one point if he did not stop for REAL food.

Most of the Halloween candy I bought is stuff I don't like. The few things I do like can be portioned easily when I have 2 points to blow.

Shad, I agree with you about the Halloween and obesity thing. Not to mention the kooks going around too. I tried to get better choices - fruit ropes, small bags of crackers. I almost wish they'd do away with it also once and for all. You're never sure if you should buy anything or not (that guilt thing). So... the guests are starting to arrive. I hope that you will not be the one to have to entertain everyone and be tour guide. It sounds like there are many good times ahead to be had and I hope you can be in the middle enjoying yourself. It's good that you were able to work the job schedule so that you have this time now to focus on the party and then start refreshed. Hope you have a WONDERFUL time with the relies. Thank you for the update on Teel - so good to hear her card business is doing well.

Meadow, warm those hands with a nice cup of hot apple cider, stirred gently with a cinnamon stick. So unfair that the kids have to cover up the costumes with cold weather gear. What were people thinking when they picked out these holidays? I'm glad you mentioned hiding your cat. Now I don't feel so bad about doing the same for mine. I never trust poor kitties out loose with not always using their heads cat hating kids. I'm not sure which graphic I went more ga ga over - the Halloween one or the cuddling hamsters. You find the best stuff!

Hey Mel! How did the shopping trip go? Sorry but I had a good giggle after you said the seniors were all tuckered out after the Halloween party I thought that only happened to toddlers but I guess we regress as we age don't we? Just can't seem to pinpoint when we start the backward slide. Are you feeling better - got the arms and legs and eyes all happy and in synch again? You said you changed your eating plan a bit, can you sneek in an occasional Frappacino now? Wonder why they don't make those things in decaf - they are losing a big audience in my opinion.

CeeJay - enjoy the peace and quiet. At least the co-worker isn't working on annoying you. So you took a walk in the woods? Good for you. The colors are starting to pop now, it's gorgeous everywhere you look. Sometimes you have to look into the trees to see an especially pretty patch hiding out.

Taxman stealing your money Suzi you are too funny. Sorry for the drama with the little girl. What happened to manners? Is that so passe? Are people that afraid of offending anyone that they raise little divas? Never did appreciate a "precocious" child. Sounds like they have you busy and on the run.

How did the dragon/cow come out Madcat? Not sure I'd take on such an ambitious project - well maybe I would but I'd be regretting it.

Did you get out and enjoy those blue skies Holly?

It's so hard to catch up when you've been away for a few days. I'm going up and down on the pages and by the time I get back to comment, I've forgotten what I was going to comment on.

I think I'm going to go read my WW materials for this week. I didn't get in early enough to go grocery shopping but I think if I plan carefully I can do ok with what I have around the house here.

Hellos to Tig and Rose and Teel and lurking Carla.
  • It was getting quite dark when I posted. I heard some children's voices but I really didn't think we'd have many kids coming to the door. Apparently they like to come when it's dark. The candy bowl is more than half empty. And if I say so, my house looks cute. 3 candlelit ghosts in one window, a sparkly ghost and pumpkin in another. Out front a pumpkin candle holder. A witch hanging on the tree - broom and all and a ghost as big as me hanging from the tree at the opposite end of the walkway. We have a curved entryway which I've decorated with Halloween decorations. I did go outside and take a walk down the street. The rules here are if you wish to invite trick or treaters, you leave the front porch light on. People are not to disturb those houses which are dark. I looked up and down the street and the houses with lights on are spaced 2 or 3 apart. We have rather large lots so it's a fair walk from one house to the next as it is and many of the houses have long zig zag walks to the front door - add to the distance of passing 2 houses for every 1 that you get a treat from and I can't say it's worth the effort. But then again, as Shad said, it's probably the most some of them have walked all month.

And here it is 8:34 and I haven't had my supper yet. I might do a quick egg and a slice of toast rather than go to bed hungry.
  • Suzi, I must have just missed your post. I don't think you're wierd at all to love a clean and sparkly house. I always thought that was the reward for putting so much effort into getting it that way!

Loved the concept of the Calicoe Bear story. I will think of that every time I see a patchwork quilt.

Nighty night ladies. Good morning to those of you greeting the sun - actually I guess it's about lunch time as I do this post. Time flies, doesn't it?
  • HOME HAPPY!!! GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK AGAIN AND SO VERY HAPPY MOM AND ALL HAD A GREAT TIME. WHAT A TRICK IT WAS!!!!! ROFLMAO
    A BIG CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WW LOSS!!! :CHEER: YOU MUST BE THRILLED! GREAT JOB!! LOSE SOME FOR ME!!

SHAD~ THAT WAS SOME SHOPPING TRIP THEY MADE! I HAVE HAD FRIENDS TAKE AN EMPTY SUITCASE WITH THEM FOR JUST THAT REASON! I AM GLAD YOU ARE PLEASED WITH YOUR RESULTS IN THE HOUSE SO THE NEW TRIP WILL GO SMOOTHLY!

SUZI~ I HAVE HEARD OF THE CALICO BEAR AND YOU WOULD LOVE CINNAMON BEAR STORY ABOUT A BEAR NAMED PADDYO'CINNAMON AND 2 YOUNG CHILDREN. IT ALL STARTS WHEN THEY GO INTO THEIR ATTIC TO LOOK FOR THE SILVER STAR TO TOP OFF THEIR XMAS TREE. IT WAS A 1937 OLD-TIME RADIO PROGRAM THAT STARTED AROUND THANKSGIVING AND RAN THRU TILL XMAS. VERY DELIGHTFUL.

MADCAT~ HOPE THE HANDS AND BODY ARE RECOUPING AFTER YOUR RUN IN WITH THE COW STILL RIDING AROUND TOWN?

CEEJAY~ PEACE AT WORK IS A GOD SEND ISN'T IT?
    HAVE YOU FOUND THE BOSS?

MEADOW~ WE HAD A HOT TRICK OR TREAT DAY....WELL HOTTER THAN OUR NORTHERN FRIENDS! 70'S AND I EVEN WENT FOR A RIDE! NOW KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF THE KIDS HAUL AND YOU WON'T GET HURT. JUST STEP AWAY FROM THE CANDY!!!!!!!

YESTERDAY WAS GORGEOUS AND I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. SAT IN THE BACKYARD, FOOD SHOPPED, WENT FOR A RIDE. SMELLED THE SMELLS OF AUTUMN STILL IN THE AIR AND WENT TO BED WITH SWOLLEN GLANDS AND SINUSES
    ALL MY ACHES AND PAINS DISAPPEAR WHILE I AM OUT USUALLY BUT THE FOOD SHOPPING WAS A STRETCH.
    I CAME OUT AND CAUGHT WILLY PACING OUTSIDE LOOKING IN THE WINDOW WITH A CIGARETTE IN HAND SEARCHING FOR ME. BUT I BEAT HIM AND WAS ALREADY CHECKED OUT. HE LOOKED RELIEVED AT THE SIGHT OF ME. I THINK HE IS TURNING INTO A WORRY WART!!!
    I ALSO GOT A PHONE CALL FROM A GENT THAT RETURNED TO INDIA AFTER ANOTHER LONG VISIT WITH HIS NJ DD. WE ALL MET WHEN I WAS VOLUNTEERING IN THE LIBRARY. HE SAID HE CALLED TO CONFESS HIS LOVE TO ME! ALSO SAID HE HAS NEVER MET ANYONE LIKE ME AND I BELIEVE HIM
    I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE CALL WAS ALL ABOUT BUT NOT TO WORRY...HE CANNOT COME BACK FOR 2 YEARS AS THE DD HERE WANTS TO GO TO DELHI NEXT SUMMER AND THEN CALCUTTA AND VISIT WITH THE FAMILY SHE MISSES SO. BESIDES IF I HAD TO WEAR A SARI IT WOULD GET STUCK IN MY TIRES!!
    I NEED TO GET WASHED AND FED SO I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH THIS THOUGHT......I WONDER IF THEY KNOW HOW TO FIX MY CHAIRS OVER THERE
  • Fix your chairs - heck Mel, they probably engineered them out there So you have a not so secret "squeeze" - There are a few people in the world who look for the beauty and compasion of a warm heart - and you are one of them Mel. A warm heart wrapped around a fiesty personality I can just imagine you in a sari - very exotic.

Glad to hear you got out and got some fresh air yesterday. We had damp rain in bouts - I sent the nice weather up your way for a change. NOW GIVE IT BACK

Good morning to the rest of the chicks, have a good one.
  • Happy-- on a job well done. Shall we say that 4.8 pounds are gone for ever.

Mel--Sound like you have Willie tied around you little finger.

My weight loss for the month of October is 4 pounds. I'm happy about that because I've had some ups and downs with food.

Hello to Shad, Suzi, and Madcat.
  • Congratulations Happy That is the best result for the hard work and the tedium of writing things down and thinking about what you are going to eat. Well done you

And to Ceejay 4lbs down. Jeez, we are going to have to run to catch up with you lot.

The brothers and sisters went out to dinner last night We had a Chinese meal together and laughed and chatted and played tricks on each other and had a really great time. It was the first time the four of us have been together since our Mum passed away in '99. Special time.
    DB2 threw a bit of a spanner in the works by saying that the dear nephew was playing gridiron on Saturday afternoon. They are playing a semifinal and it will be at 4.00pm and will finish around 5.30 to 6. Since that is when we had envisaged the party to start with family photos etc., I had to do a radical rethink but I think we can work it out okay. The mystery guests will all arrive before the birthday boy and will be there when he gets there, hopefully. It is the one thing I didn't factor in. I thought the nephew had morning games!!!! Should never think, but always check. Other than that all is going well. Today I will go and take the younger set to Lone Pine Sanctuary and from there they can go into town again. Poor DNR's partner - he is not the most active bloke in town and here he is walking further than he has ever walked before. His feet are suffering!!!!
    DNS has volunteered to trim my hedge for me before he goes home. I'm not sure when he thinks he is going to fit it in, but hey - never refuse a good offer. They've been doing the theme parks on the Gold Coast and will need picking up tonight. I have a dentist appointment at 3. Could be an interesting afternoon for transport.

And that is about it for the moment. DB2 now knows his family are here but has absolutely no idea that there are another 10 people whom he has not seem for some years on the doorstep. I'm really looking forward to Saturday now. There's a bit more hard work on the horizon for another couple of days and then it's party time - which I guess will be all over in a flash and only flapping decorations and a couple of garbage sacks to tell the tale. I'll let you know the final menu tomorrow.

See ya
  • Aha Shad, by piecing together the time of your edit and the time of your post I see that you are 16 hours into the future as we sit here in Tennessee. I thought it was 14 hours.

So glad to hear that you are all having a rousing time together. If I listen very carefully I can almost hear your laughter. Wow - almost 7 years apart - that has to be difficult. Particularly if you like each other. I hope you work out the schedules (who better than you to sort out the messes ) and enjoy every moment for as you say, it is going to fly by in the blink of an eye. We will eagerly await your return with all the exciting details.

Thank you very much all for the congrats and the ta-da's. Shad I am particularly impressed with your use of smilies - you must have picked that up from our friend Teel It is nice to get a little patting on the back once in a while I must say. :0 And speaking of which to you too CeeJay - 4 pounds down forever in October. Good going! I often think of you away and I admire your sticking to the program.

The WW leader said the average person will gain 10 pounds over the holidays (which start with Halloween). I am going to try and set a goal to be down 25 pounds by Christmas. That's a tiny bit more than 2 pounds per week. 25 pounds is such a drop in the bucket compared to what eventually needs to come off but I am trying not to think like that. Instead set mini goals.

I ate a breakfast that consumed way too many points so I need to troll the WW section and find something for a 4 point dinner. I could use 5 of my weekly points but I'd rather now. The weather is turning decidely cool and damp, I think some nice soup recipes are in order. And the colors are starting to pop here, it's going to be a gorgeous display of color here despite a very dry and (tree) stressful summer.

Ok, I'm off to make dinner now. Talk to you later...
  • oh WTG your inspiring people!! HAPPY to you and to you too Ceejay. That is some going 4 lbs. and 4.8 respectively which is so nearly 5 pounds! I will make a ribbon especially for you.

I have yet to hop on the Gym scales and see the damage, like you shad these are different to mine at home. The weigh heavier but I guess if they are all I stand on it's a good control. It is frustrating working out at the Gym and seeing a change in the body but none on the scales. I guess we have to rethink weight loss into fat loss.

Today is another quiet day. i am enjoying this week. I am getting so much done. There are lovely meals on the table and the house is still thanking me for paying it so much attention. No Gym today as I have this nasty viral thing still but I will go later when DS is at surfing. It's a good hour to kill.
    DH is home today working and I am trying to stay out of his way. It's hard as I love to chat but I realise he can't multi task and so has to stop everything when I do. I will show some self control.
    Need to do the weight and measure. i think i will come back to change the signature ....fingers crossed!

Happy...once again major congratulations. It is so good to have a plan and know that it is working, even to the fact that you can manage your treats. I really think that logging keeps you incredibly honest. Now remember no shoes next week. I wear clothes ( ovbiously but take my shoes off and leave socks on) you need to cut yourself some slack.

Shad it is all sounding very exciting. I am sure you will manage everything beautifully. It's funny your comment about a few streamers and a couple of garbage bags later, I always feel a little like that after a party, I want to hang onto the memories for a while. For my 40th I didn't take the balloons down for a week and have only just put away the cards. Enjoy enjoy enjoy

Mel what a lovely day you had "smelling the roses" I love autumn and spring, there is a precious crispness in the air. hmmm...your little indian man sounds interesting, and the very fact that he called to talk to YOU. I look forward to hearing more of this unfold. I will look out for the story you mentioned. Every year we try and buy a book for the children for christmas like this, even as theya re getting older it is still a tradition,

Ceejay...yaay once again on the 4 lbs. It must be all that cycling.
    Big to everyone.
    Over and out from me...haircut today. I need a new coat of paint!
  • It has been an "adventurous" couple of days. The great dragon project is over and done with and I must say it turned out better than any of us expected. Mind you we didn't win, but it was an amazing example of how different parts come together. If anyone is interested, these are the pictures of the final version.

I also had a coffee with someone I used to work for at another bank…. and she offered me a job. She wants me to meet up with the project manager on Friday, but she made it sound as if it was a formality. It's making me a bit of a nervous wreck since I just signed a contract renewal (though it doesn't kick in for another two weeks). I don't want to burn bridges, but I just have reached the point where I'm just not productive doing this job any more. I never should have re-signed. I haven't but in notice or even seen a contract offer yet. I'll face that hurdle when I get there.

Mel~ Sorry your shoulders are being uncooperative. If you were one of those "complacent, easy going disabled person" you would not be the Mel that we love. But just because you can't be hands on as much does not mean you can't still be a driving force for the good. Yeah, I hear you on the it takes longer to just sit and watch. But how will others ever learn? Your mache story made me laugh. I think it will be a really long time before I chose to do a project like that again. I ended up having to work in my undies and I was covered in goop. I think you would look lovely in a Sari…

Suzi~ I don't think enjoying a clean house is weird. I hate cleaning but I do like the end results. I've never read the calico bear, but what a lovely story.

Shad~ Good points on Halloween. It doesn't seem like the same safe, fun holiday it was when I was a kid. All my friends who have houses downtown told me that they had almost no kids come by this year. I think it is still big in the 'burbs, but it's just to scary in the big city. Someone told me that Halloween has apparently become a big deal in Paris. Good luck with the relative herding. I am still trying to figure out what the R stands for in DNR. J Just a couple more sleeps to your party.

Happy ~ So glad you had a good trip and a lovely visit .And to manage to lose weight on top of that is so amazing. That is just so darn impressive. Next week you'll get that ribbon. Stick it on your fridge or somewhere else visible to remind yourself of your victory. Obviously accountability is working for you.

Ceejay~ You work for the invisible man…? Congrats on your loss this past month. That is geat!!

Meadow~ Hope your pets were not too traumatized and that you managed to avoid the treats. They aren't that good, you know, you aren't missing anything

Ok, I have babbled enough and I better post, though I didn't make it through all the posts. Later chickets.