Newbie!

• Hey everyone! My name is Shannon and I'm 22 years old. I'm married to Josh, 25, and we have two daughters (2.5 years old and 4 months old). I started out weighing 200 lbs when I got pregnant with my first daughter, and I gained 12 lbs with her. Then I got pregnant with my second daughter at (again) 200 lbs. I weighed 228 the day I had her.

After I had my second daughter I started going to the gym with a personal trainer. I worked out 3 days a week with her and did the elliptical machine for 45 minutes (550 calories) 5 days a week. I got down to 187 lbs at the end of August, and I've stayed there for the past month. My husband does IT and was in charge of a building move with his job, so he was working 15 hour days with no days off the entire month of September. I wasn't able to hit the gym for a whole month because of this.

Anyhow, I'm starting back up at the gym tonight and I'm really excited! Working out gives me so much energy, and I need it with a toddler, baby, 2 8 week old kittens, and breastfeeding! haha My husband made a lot of extra money working all that overtime, and he's planning on buying me an elliptical machine in a few weeks. I'm so excited!

All right, I'll stop with the rambling now :-) I can't wait to start reading the forums and giving/getting the support we all need!

[Shannon]
  • Hi Shannon, and welcome! You've definitely come to the right place for motivation and support. Congrats on your weight-loss so far - you must feel fantastic! Check out the Oct fitness challenge thread at the top of the page in this forum - you can set your own goals and then record your progress.
    Good luck!
  • Welcome Shannon!
  • Welcome Shannon!! Congrats on your successes so far, more to come of course!!
  • Hi Shannon! Welcome to the board. I'm fairly new as well. Everyone here is so helpful and motivating. You have surely come to the right place!!
  • jump right in!
  • Welcome Shannon!!!

You'll get alot of great ideas, advice and support here! It's a great group of people!
  • Hi! I'm Fae.. welcome!

Sounds like you have a lot going on! It's good that you're taking some "you" time to work out, etc.. congrats on how much you've already lost!
  • You have your hands full. Good for you for making exercise a priority!