NSV (a few actually!)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi! This is my first time on this board and I had no idea what "NSV" meant until I Googled it up. I'm a total newbie .

Ok, I'm just going to jump right in with my NSV's!
    I remember feeling a little let down at the end of September because I plateaued for 2 weeks. So I needed a little motivation. Well, I was rummaging through my wardrobe and found "those evil pair of jeans" that used to be very tight at the waist and hips. I've had these jeans for 6 years but ended up putting them aside because they were uncomfortable. So I took a deep breath and EASILY slipped into them, only to find them falling off me. I couldn't believe it...I took pictures just to see if it was actually REAL and that my eyes weren't deceiving me. That made up for the 2 weeks

My other NSV was not so recent, a couple months ago. My friend came back from New Zealand (I live in the South East Asia region) and we planned to meet up at our local mall. I waited at out meeting point on the look out for her, only to find her pass by me. She stopped a few metres away then turned around and approached me cautiously. I burst out laughing because of this. Her first response was: 'OH MY GOD, I almost didn't recognise you...you lost so much!!!'. I was beaming the whole day after that! But I think the new harido and my contacts contributed to this 'new stranger' look

Amazing what NSV's can do to brighten up your week !

Whoops! I meant to say "couple" than "few" in the thread title.
  • Yay for NSV's!!

And Yay for you too!!!
  • Too cool...congratulations!!
  • Great about the jeans!
  • Welcome! You're in the right place. NSV's are what make it all worth while!
  • Way to go! I love that feeling. I think I will go downstairs tomorrow and see if I can get into some of my daughters little jeans, she can wear mine now but they are just a tad loose on her. I have ran out of old clothes that were too small now.....must be time to go shopping!!!! Don't ya just hate that, LOL
  • Brilliant, well done!
  • That's Great, Keep it up!! I love how right when your about to give up something like this happens and gives you the push you need to keep going!
  • Thanks for the replies! Yup, it feels great that old clothes don't fit...because it's too big, ESPECIALLY jeans!
  • Those are great NSV's!! I'd be ecstatic too!
  • Quote: Those are great NSV's!! I'd be ecstatic too!
    That word best describes that moment! LOL
    Good luck to you on your journey!
  • Wonderful NSVs! Congratulations!!! And I know what you mean about the plateaus... I've been "stuck" since September 10.
  • yay those are awesome! I love it when jeans that used to be in the "argh!" pile suddenly fit loose and look good. Congrats
  • Those are great nsv's!!
    Congrats!
  • Thank you all!

Hang in there Misti! You've got so far, don't let it get you down