Don't Be SPOOKED by Exercise in October!!

You're on Page 1 of 24
Go to
  • Welcome!

...To the October exercise thread! We're trying to make exercise a habit and give ourselves some accountability!

In this thread, we're setting the number of MINUTES we want to exercise for the month -- whether it's walking or swimming or housework! Early in the month (or before it starts) set your own goal! If you're just getting started, feel free to start with a smaller number of minutes (I did!), maybe just a few hundred. It seems easier for many of us to build on the habit rather than meet a very high goal right away.

We're also tracking how many minutes we have exercised as a group! To date, we have exercised well over 100,000 minutes! Here's the monthly breakdown:

January: 9418 minutes
    February: 11,129 minutes
    March: 15,917 minutes
    April: 10,700 minutes
    May: 16,091 minutes
    June: 13,603 minutes
    July: 14,758 minutes
    August: 26,640 minutes
    September: 21,748 min

TOTAL: 140,004 minutes thru September!

We blew past our 100K goal... how far will we get??? Help us go further, and get fitter in the process!

Please first post your goals and then add your minutes (for yourself and the group) and get some support and accountability!

If you want to join us during the month -- GREAT! Just let us know how many minutes you want to exercise in what's left of the month!

Finally, if you're new to this, pay attention to how to add your minutes to the group... people get confused if they can't easily see our new total. I recommend showing the previous total, then your minutes, then the new total (which should be the sum of the other 2 numbers). For example, if the group had don 500 minutes already and you did 30, here's what you would do:

Group total ~ 500 + 30 = 530 minutes

Let's get moving and shaking in September!
  • I'll start!

I'm tempted to set a higher goal because I am going to be working with a trainer starting this month, plus some yoga and other stuff (maybe swimming, and elliptical!). BUT, this is also going to be my craziest month, so I am going to keep my goal at 1000 minutes, but I hope that, for once, I really kind of blow past my goal.

I'm energized about exercise for the first time, well, EVER! We'll see how that translates into action....
  • Okie Dokie. I'm in for a goal of 400 minutes. I have never met my goal yet so hopefully this month.

Annie
  • I'm in!!

Put me down for 360 min. That's 30 min 3x/week at Curves. I've been doing 4-5 days/wk but I AM moving this month so I dont see 4-5x/wk happening every week.
  • Here goes! Put me in for 720 minutes this month! That's about 30 min a day 6 days a week! I hope I can make it!
  • Being off the truck and not working yet, I'm having a WONDERFUL September as far as exercise is concerned. (This is not the checkbook thread, or the word 'wonderful' would not apply.) I'm going to see how many minutes I can rack up for the month total, add 1, and that will be my goal for next month. Hopefully it will be harder to make because I'll be employed, but I intend to make it regardless.
  • I'm in, too!

500 minutes in October!
  • Of course I'm in! I'm trying to get back into the more intense pace I started at (in August) so instead of 30 minutes a day my goal for October will just be a little step up...35 minutes a day, everyday, on average. So, my October exercise goal is 1085 minutes!! That's alot for me, lol.

Melissa
  • I like the idea of making a workout goal, so yeah Im in I quickly calculated and I do around 450 min/month, so lets say I set my goal at 500 in October. Though I feel its gonna be more!
  • I didn't think I would make my Sept. goal of 900, but I did. So, I am going to up it a little to keep myself motivated. My new goal will be 950.
  • I will go with 1200 minutes again. I didn't make it in September (at least I won't unless I spend over two hours exercising today which I don't see happening ), but I would have if I hadn't been scared to exercise because of my recent diagnosis. I have not turned into a wilting flower overnight, I just need to be careful and work smarter.
  • I surpassed my goal of 820 last month so I want to up my goal this month-- I'm going to go for 1000- I fell just short of that this month, and if it weren't for my car trouble I would have passed it--1000 here we go!
  • Great goals, ladies! Nancy, I think it makes sense you take it easy on the insides there! I would have been scared too!

Great to see some new faces as well as the returning ones!
  • Ok I am in. I hate that Sept. was so messed up for me! That cold threw off everything. My goal is going to be 450 minutes. I hope to reach my goal this time.

Michelle
  • I can't believe I'm putting this number down, since before I was missing every goal of even 300-500, but here it is: 1500 minutes. I don't even know how many a day that is average, but I made it this month - I wanna keep the steam up.