Hi from Mississippi

• Hi, I'm from Mississippi and I really really really need to lose weight. I've started walking 2 miles 3 times a week and that is good I think. I really have a problem with coca cola...it is my downfall.
    anyway, just wanted to say I am glad to be here and hopefully will find the strength to do what needs to be done. thank you for listening.
  • I have a major Pepsi addiction, my starting point is one a day! I savor that too so I tend to save it for my dinner
  • Kola,

Hi. I am from Mississippi, too. I also love cokes, but just the diet ones. I try not to drink them so much and to drink more water, but it is hard.

Welcome to 3fatchicks. I hope you will find the support you need here.
  • thank you
  • Welcome!

I'm addicted to Diet Coke. Since the 18th (when I started my journey) I've limited myself to 2 per day. I don't know how, but I've managed to stick to it. I just always keep a bottle of water handy and I really haven't missed the DC too much.

Good luck on your journey! You'll get lots of great support here!!!

• thank you. I am trying to limit myself...but I have to almost force myself to drink water. I depend on the coke so much, I think it is my "get away from it all". But starting Monday, October 2, 2006 I am going to limit myself. I will not stop and buy anymore on my way to work. I will take me some water.... (How many times have I heard myself say this??) But I am gonna try hard this time around.
  • Hello and welcome! I used to be a Coke junkie too but totally broke the habit and now I maybe drink one every couple of months or so. So you CAN do it. One of the smartest things I ever did too! Anyway, glad you are here.
  • That first morning Diet Coke is the hardest for me too. But, I just keep some bottled water in the fridge, so it's ice cold, and I drink that on the way to work. After not having that first one the rest of the day is easier.

Good luck! I know you'll do great!!!

• Hey girls...

I'm from Mississippi too...Jackson & Biloxi. I've been living in the Middle East for almost 3 years though.

Kola- coke was my downfall in trying to lose weight at first. It was weird because just out of nowhere, I decided to switch to Diet. Now, I can't stand the taste of regular Coke. I realized how bloated I felt after just one can. The Diet Coke here taste a little better than the Diet Coke in the States. Not sure why, it just does. It didn't take me long to get over the Coke cravings. Do you think you could try switching to Diet? Or you could drink water with the mix ins. That way, you get the sweet taste without the sugar.

Good luck with it all!

Love,
    Deanne
  • I would like to say I could switch to diet coke, but doing it is another matter! I like the flavored water but I dont drink it like I should. I might try those mix ins they look like they might be pretty good.
    Thank you and take care
    Kola