Sizing NSV

• So I haven't been able to actually weigh myself for more than a month, as I've been temporarily work-relocated to Australia and the li'l gym in my building doesn't have scales or anything. But I can see myself getting smaller, especially as I have been swimming a lot and walking absolutely everywhere.

Yesterday I had to go buy a dress and found a cute one in Esprit (on sale!). It turned out that I needed a 10, which is less than my usual 12, so I figured Australian sizes were just different than North American ones. So when I got home I looked up a sizing chart -- and an Australian 10 is a North American 6!

Holy crap! I know the sizes are probably fairly vanity-cut in Esprit, but it's still a silly little ego boost.
  • You're a size 6 American at 169? I'm about the same weight and am in 12s, maybe a 10 if I squeeze.

WTG!!
  • What a great size NSV, that must feel awesome. Congratulations.
  • Redlight, I think I'm about ten pounds lighter now, but I have no scale here in Oz and am not going to bother buying one because I am only here 'til just past Christmas. I'm also pretty muscular -- just with a lot of fat on top of the muscle.

Plus shirts, skirts and dresses always fit me a little smaller than pants.
  • WTG that is awesome!! You're also 2" taller than Redlight, so that makes a difference too...I mean I could wear a smaller size at the same weight as someone who is only 5' tall at the same weight. I bet you are going to be happily surprised when you do get home and finally get to weigh!!
  • WTG! Keep up the hard work! Sometimes a scale can ruin our lives, and just seeing the results in your body and the way clothes fit is so much better!
  • That's great!!!!! Everyone is right, you'll probably be surprised when you get on the scale!

Kim
  • That's wonderful!!! Congrats!

BTW, what does NSV mean?

• NSV, is non-scale victory. I wish I could wear a size 6 dress. I wear a lot smaller in pants than dresses because of these big "football shoulders".