Hour by hour

• Hello all,

I've been thinking today (hey, good for me, i know ) about what I can do to convince myself to think in terms of smaller time increments than weeks or days - how to eliminate that pesky well-today-is-already-ruined-so-hand-me-that-pie syndrome.

Minutes are too small to keep track of, for practical purposes. I don't want to spend all my time doing this. What about hours? I'm going to give myself a check for every hour I am binge free, and if that number is above a certain goal, I'll treat myself to...reading a book for pleasure, a shopping trip, a hot bath, a concert, a spa day, a pedicure, an afternoon off (or away from the kids, as the case may be), a movie, a cd, anything. I'll have to find out what works for me.

Maybe I'll just keep track during my problem times, like 4-10 pm, or after dinner. Maybe just when I'm home alone.

The basic idea is that I get to start over every hour on the hour - that's twenty four starting-over opportunities per day! A lot more than I used to give myself.

Anyone with me, want to try it?
  • That is a great idea. I fall into the "today is wrecked, lets pig out" trap also, and it is so hard to get out of beating yourself up for even one little slip. We all need to be nicer to ourselves, we deserve at least the kindness we would show a stranger. Congrats on your binge free day and good luck tomorrow.