Hello Everyone....Newbie from Georgia

• Hello everyone. I've been a lurker for quite awhile and finally made the "BIG" jump and decided to post. I'm a 34 yr old SAHM with 2 kids ages 12 and 3, married for 7 years and in need of alot of support. I currently weigh 154 lbs and need to lose about 20lbs. It seems like I have always been on a diet or thinking about one. I have never been overweight to most people's standards but have never been satisfied with my body. I want to finally bite the bullet and do what is necessary to finally be happy with myself.

If anyone needs a buddy or can offer some support it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Missy
  • I too have just joined today. I am 34 yr old with 2 kids age 7 and 2, married 11 years. I currently weigh 161 and want to lose about 20lbs. I have started the "fat smash" diet today. I think buddies and people to encourage you and create some positive energy are very important when starting any weight loss plan. Good luck to you and keep in touch!
    Carolyne
  • Hi Carolyne,

It sounds like we have alot in common ( eg. kids,weight, goals). I could definitely use some positive energy . I'm not familiar with the "fat smash diet", could you tell me the basic principles? I need to find a plan to stick to. Basically, I try to eat lower calorie foods and more whole grains and protein and exercise . I have the Body for life book and have tried it several times but never really stuck to it. I need alot of motivation that's why I thought the support from this board would help me. Good luck to you also!

Missy
  • Hi ladies! I just signed up on Friday. It seems like it's a really great community. I wish you both the best of luck.

My first weigh-in (I've been on my "diet" for a week now) is tomorrow morning, so wish me luck on that!