Hi - New here

• Hi! I just found this board a couple days ago. I am finally ready to do something about the pounds that just keep packing on.

A little about me first - I am a stay at home mom with 2 beautiful babies. Andrea & Mikee. Andy is 2 and Michael is 6. I have a wonderful husband and a dog (Augie) and a cat (Maximus).

My weight loss goal is 150-160. I am 5'3 so this will probably still be heavy on my frame, but I will be happier than I am at 270.

I am starting slow - Going to cut out the soda and junk food on our grocery shopping trips (starting tomorrow when I go grocery shopping)
  • Welcome, Big Beautiful Mommy! You will find lots of motivation and support here!
  • Welcome, BBM! Sounds like you are already off to a good start. I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 150 lbs, so I know what you measn about still being a bit heavy but happy at a weight you can maintain. Glad you're here!
  • Welcome!

I'm sorta new too...

I also started with about 150 to lose. It can be daunting but try to look at it in small pieces... like the other day I realized I may have only lost 38lbs but that puts me at 1/4 of the way there! 1/4! Little goals help you going its hard not to get discouraged where you look at the big picture.

Hope you like it here!
  • to the forum!
  • Welcome! I'm shooting for 150 too, and I'm 5'4". Once we get there, we can decide if we're happy or if we want to keep going! Good luck - this board is a wonderful place to get support.

• So glad to have you! I am sure you will find what you are looking for here!

I have a friend here at work who is 5'4 and she is a little over 150 and I think she looks great!!