P1 -Fat Smash Granola

• 1 cup oatmeal
    1 egg white
    1 teaspoon oil
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix it up and spread on a cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes at 300 degrees. Stir it up again and bake it for another 8 minutes or until it lightly browned and crunchy.
  • Whoops, add 2 packets of Splenda. Also beat the liquid ingredients before adding the oatmeal.
  • This looks good!
  • Thanks...sometimes one just has to have some CRUNCH!
  • I made this today on DAY ONE and it was good. I would have liked it sweeter and will experiment with other things to put in.

I have to say this has filled me up on my snack feast. So much better than gorging on chips, crackers or cookies!
  • Its in the oven and smells incredable or am I just hungry for something sweet !
  • I love this! I added a tsp of dried unsweetened coconut/ 2 tsps of splenda brown sugar and it is so good with yogurt. Next time I am going to add some other spices like garlic powder, basil and pinch of salt to have a healthy savory crunchy snack...
  • dried fruit
    This looks great - and you're right about needing crunch. Celery just doesn't always fill the need! I plan on trying this tonight, but will add some dried fruit after baking.

• Thank you so much for sharing this recipe...I was going to make cookies (shame shame)...but you inspired me to make this. I bake when I'm bored. :/
  • silly question--
    do you use oatmeal that is already cooked for this recipe or just the dried uncooked quaker oats??

can you tell I dont cook often,lol
    thanks in advance, I just started fat smash today and thought this recipe looked interesting
  • I made this last night, and it is not crunchy. Was I supposed to cook the oatmeal first???
  • im curious to know about this too....is the oatmeal supposed to be cooked first?
  • I am baking this as we speak I will let ya know how it turns out.....

VERY YUMMY...in sf yogurt, but very bland otherwise
  • Pretty sure the oatmeal is uncooked. It would be kinda gloppy if you cooked it first.
  • I make this a couple times a week, and yes, the oatmeal needs to be uncooked.

For those that said it came out chewy, are you cooking the full 16 minutes (8 minutes, flip, then 8 minutes again). I've never had a problem with it being chewy.

And for those that like it sweeter, I'm the same way ^^ So I only mix one packet of splenda in when I make it, and when its cooked, I "dust" it with the other packet to get a little more sweetness in each bite.

I also like to add sliced almonds... YUM.