Crape

• Has / Does anyone make crapes?

Is it hard?
  • Crepes can be difficult...the key is pouring them thin enough onto a hot enough pan that is properly lubricated and not tearing them!

I make them using my dairy-free, cholesterol-free, naturally sweetened recipe:

1/2 cup soy milk (or almond or rice milk)
    1/2 cup water
    1/4 cup melted coconut oil or Earth Balance margarine (use any other natural trans-fat-free margarine if desired)
    3 tablespoons maple syrup
    1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
    1/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

In a large mixing bowl, blend soy (or other) milk, water, 1/4 cup oil or margarine, syrup, flour, and salt. Cover and chill the mixture for 2 hours.

Lightly grease a 5 to 6 inch skillet with some margarine or coconut oil. Heat the skillet until hot. Pour approximately 3 tablespoons batter into the skillet. Turn to cover the skillet. Cook until golden, flip and cook on opposite side.
  • I have a never fail crepe pan. It's a domed pan that you can only use for crepes. It comes with a glass dish. You make the crepe mix then pour it into the glass dish, heat the crepe pan then dip it into the dish. the crepe taken maybe 10 seconds to cook, then peels straight off. And you just keep repeating.

The great thing is you need no fat on the pan at all.

This is like mine, but mine came with the glass dish http://www.pans.com/images/French_Cr...NordicWare.jpg
  • Thanks! I am thinking about buying one. I am going to check walmart.com first then I will scower the net.