Picture update - 315 pounds lost

• My Mom sent me this picture from our trip to see them last month. I thought I would share.

My Dad, Mom, Katy and me.
  • Charles -

You look great and everybody looks so happy! Hope you enjoyed your visit. I'm sure your folks are mighty proud of you.
  • You look awesome Charles...and very very happy.
  • WOW!
    You have made such an amazing tranformation. You look great!
    Thanks so much for sharing the pics. It always helps to motivate me seeing others progress.
  • Charles,

You are my hero!
  • Always love your posts! Your daughter is growing up and you are shrinking!!!You are such a motivation for me!
  • You look great, Charles. Thanks for sharing!
  • Charles -- If I hadn't been seeing your pics along the way I couldn't believe it's the same person. You are looking thin!
  • Charles: You are such a motivation to all of us. Especially us newbies who have so far to travel. Did you have excess skin issues? If so, how did you over come them. I am also not able to exercise as much as I would like due to difficulty moving about. Did you have the same problem at the beginning? Any advice?
    Norma aka harkeyvalley
  • Quote: Charles: You are such a motivation to all of us. Especially us newbies who have so far to travel. Did you have excess skin issues? If so, how did you over come them. I am also not able to exercise as much as I would like due to difficulty moving about. Did you have the same problem at the beginning? Any advice?
    Norma aka harkeyvalley

Losing over 300 pounds and at my age (47) - yes, I have a lot of left over skin around my abdomen. It is something that only surgery is going to fix. Once I reach my goal weight and have maintained it for a year - then I will start worrying about trying to do something about the skin. *shurg* I hope that I can find a way to get it removed - but if not - so be it. I would rather have the skin than to be as over weight as I was with the tightest skin in the world.

While I exercise and lift weights 5 days a week now for about an hour a day - when I started all I could do was walk in the pool for 15 minutes. The great thing about exercise is that your body adapts. Do what you can to start and increase a little each week. You will be amazed at the results. I highly recommend resistance training to build and maintain muscle mass. That will keep your RMR from going lower and making weight loss harder. Don't worry about bulking up - it is not going to happen.

I wish you the very best!