Recipe Needed

• I've been buying Litehouse Raspberry Walnut Vinegrette and I love it (but use it very sparingly because of the high sugar content). Does anyone have a recipe to make a raspberry vinegrette with little or no sugar? I was at the grocery store the other day and a woman said she made her own using raspberry jam, but she didn't elaborate on the amounts of jam, vinegar, and oil.

Thanks for anyone that can help!!!
  • I don't have a recipe but I'd probably suggest getting some red wine vinegar, some olive oil and some no sugar added raspberry jam and try to play around with different combos. I've made my own dressing before through experimentation. Some experiments were ok, some were good and some were not so good
  • Here's one I made up and enjoy:

1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves, naturally sweetened with fruit juice
    1/4 cup cold-pressed oil (I use flax or Udo's but walnut or olive or safflower works for most people's tastes).
    4 t. rice wine vinegar
    4 t. apple cider vinegar
    1 T. apple juice concentrate
    1 t. Dijon mustard

Combine all in a jar and shake vigorously! Store in the refrigerator and let set for a few hours to allow flavors to blend.

If you have a raspberry vinegar (or other flavored vinegar you enjoy) use it instead of the rice wine and apple cider vinegar.

I also use strawberry or other all-fruit preserves and lemon juice in place of the vinegar or sometimes add spices like tarragon, oregano and so on or white or black pepper and nutritional yeast.